cyclops additional room

unbekannt02unbekannt02 Austria Join Date: 2018-05-10 Member: 240632Members
dk3gs4ax43ee.jpeg

At first: sorry for my bad english; i am from austria...

I discovered this blueprint of the cyclops last week and i wondered why there is no upper room (i drew my suggestion for itin red). There would be enough place as you can see at the image and you can use it e.g. as a bedroom because i saw a lot of subnautica players placing their bed in the middle of the main room because there is no other place for it. The upper room would be accessable through a ladder in the main room of the cyclops. Please tell me what you think about my idea :)

Comments

• ryansearcyakryansearcyak Alaska Join Date: 2018-03-01 Member: 238451Members
    Yeah, I agree a small bedroom would be a nice touch. It would add slightly to the usefulness of the Cyclops.
  • EridianVaultEridianVault Join Date: 2018-05-14 Member: 240709Members
    I love it! Let's make it happen people.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Maybe a scanner room so ... Them dev type people can remove the scanner room and so you don't have to relocate those useless things all the time :trollface:
  • unbekannt02unbekannt02 Austria Join Date: 2018-05-10 Member: 240632Members
    I would not remove the scanner room from the game because it is a great thing to build and a nice room for your base but maybe the scanner room in the cyclops could have a smaller range and only one camera drone
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I would not remove the scanner room from the game because it is a great thing to build and a nice room for your base but maybe the scanner room in the cyclops could have a smaller range and only one camera drone

Don't mind me, I'm just hauling the scanner room all over the place to try and make it useful. So far no fish are biting :trollface: Not to mention it seems rather buggy...

A scanner room upgrade for the Cyclops would make it a lot more useful and also would upgrade the Cyclops from just being a hauler for the PRAWN as well :D Basically a mobile scanner room, the way I for one am using the bloody thing with the constant rebuilding/relocating...
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    I usually build a single scanner room, in the interface between biomes or in a single resource rich biome and that's it.

I find the game resources to be far more plentiful than what's required to effectively complete the game, for which I'm grateful. More time exploring, less time grinding.
  • unbekannt02unbekannt02 Austria Join Date: 2018-05-10 Member: 240632Members
    The room also could be
    - a greenhouse
    - a room for charging (batteries, power cells, etc...)
    - an extra storage room
    - an observation room (the walls would not be glass, but screens which show the outside so it looks like the walls are clear)
    - or as mentioned: a bedroom or a scanner room
  • BaleBale France Join Date: 2015-09-05 Member: 207737Members
    @Kouji_San

I have seen your let's play, you are truly bringing your poor scanner room all over the place ^^

i think you need one only when you set yourself to construct a big ass base, it is truly a huge waste of ressources and you are in true need of quartz and titanium mainly. (maybe copper)

And still it's useless after um 5? relocations :D
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    I like the idea of a little loft/sleeping area, like the upper part of a camper van. Either that or an upper level dive hatch.
  • Isummon_DurtIsummon_Durt Lower MiddleEarth Join Date: 2017-12-09 Member: 234349Members
    I saw this comedy about these dudes who find something called a 'lion shark' or something and they had a boat with wing which they called its 'observation deck'... just thought of it. Lemme see if I can find the film and make a gif to put here. But yeet, this is a cool idea. Anyone else also reminded of that woman in that animated Atlantis movie who's always smoking a cigarette in the room which we never know where it is?
  • BigGrayGolemBigGrayGolem Lima Peru Join Date: 2018-04-24 Member: 240304Members
    Maalteromm wrote: »

I find the game resources to be far more plentiful than what's required to effectively complete the game, for which I'm grateful. More time exploring, less time grinding.

Agree 100% with this. In fact, I didn't really realize it until you said it. This game doesn't require you to constantly slave away just trying to do basic tasks. If anything, the very beginning is like that but only for air; after you get a tank, things become a bit easier and you can explore.