Dried Fruits, Repair Bay as a Default & Large Sub Scanning?

DreadgeNoughtDreadgeNought Join Date: 2018-03-02 Member: 238486Members
edited May 2018 in Ideas and Suggestions
I made a post at https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/154606/better-scanners-cyclops-scanning-base-computers#latest for the idea of some things, TL;DR :: If the Cyclops along with Beluga when at some point added could use Scanners.

It would be great if with an upgrade researched or simply built in larger Subs/Vehicles like the Cyclops we could do on the go Scanning for things like Heat Areas where to we could then build lasting bases at.
(perhaps also would be nice if could 'juice up' off of power lines in vehicles? meh)

This would make the Cyclops all the more worth having on non-survival game modes when hunting wrecks.

Also, what if Larger/Carrier Vehicle units such as the Cyclops had the "Repair Bay" thing as a default?
It seems like a thing given all the rest of the "better" upgrades to just be a built in thing.
Or at the least have the basic version for free in things like the Cyclops or Beluga and the Upgrade be super good.... imo

(the other thing from above being if we had more ways to control Scanners from afar)

My other topic is "Dried Fruits" and a way to make 'food blocks'?
Basically we can Salt-Cure fish but have no way to make DRIED FRUIT at a Fabricator which seems like a very weird thing.
Sure it wouldn't feed you for as much as a Cured Reginald but a cooked/prepared Potato Ration seems like would be good?

Similarly for Lanturn Fruits, that would keep FAR more 'food' value when cured than Marble Melons, while not dehydrating the player.
Paired with giving Chinese Potatoes say +3o or +20 food values that stay about that high when "cooked," would mean they matter.

Just a very nice thing to consider that simply makes a lot of good sense. ;)

Also it would be good if for enough of any supply of "food things," esp fish, we could Make more "Food Blocks."
(it just seems like a simple thing any Fabricator with the needed supplies ought be able to make)

Like, sure Cured Reginald is great but to not need salt early game for enough Fish to make +75 food of item?
Would simply be a great thing especially for both Newer Players on Survival for the experience and to help with harder modes.

Your thoughts/idea, and if more such "Recipes" should be made a thing we can try?
(or as a way to make "creature treats" to more quickly tame wildlife)

Comments

• mono_no_awaremono_no_aware Join Date: 2018-04-28 Member: 240395Members
    I like the scanning and dried fruit ideas. I found it quite irritating leaving the Prawn Suit to scan things especially in the ILZ etc. There should at least be a scan arm attachment.
  • LennyPenny4LennyPenny4 Join Date: 2018-05-08 Member: 240609Members
    Totally agree with the cooked/cured plants to conserve them. I'm working on a second base way down next to the giant cove tree, to make it a shorter trip to the lava zone. Getting water is easy with a filtration machine, but there are no edible fish down there as far as I know and not even any plants except gel sacks, which are easy enough to farm but they offer little nutrition. I have a growbed with melons but they rot too quickly to be able to take them as supply for any kind of field trip.

The vehicle scanning would be nice as well, though not entirely necessary imo, it would be a nice addition to Seamoth and PRAWN. In these two vehicles it would make more sense than to approach a dangerous fish and then get out to scan it, often putting yourself at significant risk. If they would be implemented, it would be nice to have it be a standard attachment and not something you have to swap out like the drill or grapple arm.
  • DreadgeNoughtDreadgeNought Join Date: 2018-03-02 Member: 238486Members
    edited May 2018
    "Large Vehicle Scanning" == 'On the Go' Scanner Rooms.

Still, having a 'creature scanner' arm or feature for Smaller vehicles could be fun as well....
    (didn't even talk about or consider it but yeah, not a bad thing) Good feedback!

Totally agree with the cooked/cured plants to conserve them. I'm working on a second base way down next to the giant cove tree, to make it a shorter trip to the lava zone. Getting water is easy with a filtration machine, but there are no edible fish down there as far as I know and not even any plants except gel sacks, which are easy enough to farm but they offer little nutrition. I have a growbed with melons but they rot too quickly to be able to take them as supply for any kind of field trip.

The vehicle scanning would be nice as well, though not entirely necessary imo, it would be a nice addition to Seamoth and PRAWN. In these two vehicles it would make more sense than to approach a dangerous fish and then get out to scan it, often putting yourself at significant risk. If they would be implemented, it would be nice to have it be a standard attachment and not something you have to swap out like the drill or grapple arm.

You can put a "Fish Tank" at a base, if want about 2 stacks tall for Reginalds or Lava-fish what called to grow a lot of good fish the Salt from Filtration can be used to cure. It also can be done for Bladderfish if want a nice easy to use Self-Producing supply of smaller water bottles for casual use, lol...
    (like how one can do for Crashfish to use as long lasting Reactor fuel.)

Still wish Potatoes gave more than 12 food, eh, but that +44 food from Cured Reginald is ftw.
    - feel free to normal cook one at 99/100 food and you have 143 max food for a god trip booster.

(by "fish tank," I mean Observation Tanks)