Radio Silence "After" the Sunbeam? (Potential Spoiler Alert)

Goldengoose7Goldengoose7 California USA Join Date: 2018-04-26 Member: 240346Members
There hasn't been a peep from my Radio after the Sunbeam event unfolded and concluded. Does that event basically mark the end of any further development of the main story arc going forward?

I know that you are left with many questions and still a lot to investigate from previous communications, discoveries and events, but I reached this point relatively quickly into my playthrough. I have also not seen a soul at any of the various crash sites logged into my contact list. I figure that this is part of the story, but seems a bit odd that none of these other survivors have made any additional pleas on their radios.

Is that really all the game has to offer in terms of building on the main story?

Comments

• Crewman87Crewman87 Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224967Members
    There are further contacts.
    As you progress in the game. You will get other radio interceptions from someone or something.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    edited May 2018
    There might be a few more radio messages from other survivors; the order you get them depends some on your actions. The rest of the main story arc deals more with those who inhabited the island that was involved in the sunbeam event, and inhabitants of another island.
  • DevoutRelicDevoutRelic Join Date: 2018-05-02 Member: 240468Members
    The story is FAR from over. The entire story isn't based on the radio, it's just there to get you started. Since you said that you've completed the Sunbeam story arc, I'm assuming you've found the gun? There are several clues in there that will help you progress in the story. Get ready, it's a wild ride. Hope this helped!
  • Goldengoose7Goldengoose7 California USA Join Date: 2018-04-26 Member: 240346Members
    edited May 2018
    By "gun" do you mean the one in the glass case? I could find no way to get at it, if that is the gun you are referring to?

Other than that, I have not found any other weapon aside from the Stasis Rifle which isn't much of a weapon to be honest. I have scoured that island making sure I didn't miss anything, but other than the teleporter to the other island, and the glass cases, nada.

I haven't searched the debris field out in the ocean where it appeared the Sunbeam pieces fell. Is that something worth doing?

I'm having trouble figuring out what to do in this game at this point, other than sailing around and diving on various areas.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    edited May 2018
    By gun they mean the giant tower. I would recommend exploring it again and scanning stuff in it if you haven't. Otherwise I would check your data banks.
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    Oh no, there's more. Just keep exploring. And besides the knife there are no "weapons" in the game. You can weaponize various things if you're creative, but you'll find that out as you go. ;)
  • DevoutRelicDevoutRelic Join Date: 2018-05-02 Member: 240468Members
    I meant the giant gun that shot down the sunbeam. You said that you finished the Sunbeam event.
  • Goldengoose7Goldengoose7 California USA Join Date: 2018-04-26 Member: 240346Members
    edited May 2018
    I meant the giant gun that shot down the sunbeam. You said that you finished the Sunbeam event.

Oh yeah! Of course I watched it shoot that plasma ball up at the ship. But I have found no way to to the top of that structure. I went inside the lower building from the beach entrance using the purple tablet and scanned all the data terminals, collected all those cubes and stuff inside. Got stuck by that contraption that said I was infected.

I thought I had done all there is to do in that building. Except come across any controls for that plasma weapon.

I guess I will check it all out again. I have scanned everything I come to, and unless I totally missed something obvious, I have scanned all scannable stuff around that tower.

• elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    @Goldengoose7 You can't get to the top of that gun (Quarantine Enforcement Platform, I think it's called). If you went down to the bottom, you did what you needed to do.

Have you done a self-scan since then? And have you followed the clues to the Degasi bases? The clues you get from the gun base and something you find in the deep Degasi base should give you what you need to proceed.
  • BigGrayGolemBigGrayGolem Lima Peru Join Date: 2018-04-24 Member: 240304Members
    edited May 2018
    You have to cure your infection, which is a major part of the game from what I've read. That's pretty much what I'm working on now, myself.

Like elfcrisis said, you can't climb to the top of the gun platform, and there's no reason to. You've pretty much seen everything there is on that island. Once you are cured, I presume you go back and use the machine and get new access which drives the game along. I haven't done that yet, so am only surmising the obvious.

But I did notice the radio messages stopped, which made the game even more lonelier. I was enjoying them.
  • Crewman87Crewman87 Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224967Members
    After you cure the infection and have the plans you need to finish the game, don't forget to say goodbye to your Cuddlefish.
    elfcrisis wrote: »
    @Goldengoose7 You can't get to the top of that gun (Quarantine Enforcement Platform, I think it's called). If you went down to the bottom, you did what you needed to do.

Have you done a self-scan since then? And have you followed the clues to the Degasi bases? The clues you get from the gun base and something you find in the deep Degasi base should give you what you need to proceed.

Thanks guys.

Yeah... I went down to the Lost River and found the Disease Research Facility and all that stuff. Came back with the two Cuddlefish Eggs and hatched them.

Just got the message from LifePod 2 after crafting the Prawn Suit. I know that this will lead me down to the Lava Zone, so that is my next mission. :)