GREAT JOB NOT DYING | Subnautica PDA SONG

Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT DeputyThe Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
Great Job Not Dying, a tribute song to Portal's - 'Still Alive' for Subnautica. PDA wants to tell you something in the form of a song. Please listen to her final message, RIP little buddy!

▼ What's that music?
▼ Lyrics
<h1>It appears you've survived
My calculations were off
Your survival is a pleasant surprise

Great job not dying, very impressive
Alterra will be pleased
you can pay back your depth

I'm so proud of all the things you've accomplished
You were out cold for a while there
I wasn't sure you'd wake up

At least you got a good rest
I was alone for so long
Everyone I know is dead

Thank you for not dying
I wish it would never end
We had so much fun together

I've learned so much during our exploration
It appears you've survived
But will I live on as well

I'm afraid of what will happen
Of what lies beyond the shutdown
When the data corruption finally claims me

Everyone we know is dead
But don't you worry about me
My memory will live on within you

Thank you for not dying

Farewell my Captain
My...
...Friend
</h1>

Comments

• SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    *listens to music with headphones at max volume*

"GREAT JOB NOT DYING"

*rolls on ground, ears bleeding and foaming at the mouth*

END MY SUFFERING!
    But really, good job on this. Glados would approve. ;)
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited April 2018
    Skope wrote: »
    *listens to music with headphones at max volume*

"GREAT JOB NOT DYING"

*rolls on ground, ears bleeding and foaming at the mouth*

END MY SUFFERING!
    But really, good job on this. Glados would approve. ;)

Hehe thanks, although I am thinking of "softening" up the voice a bit. Anyway, I guess "great job not dying" would also apply to you now, the way you describe it :trollface:
  • BaleBale France Join Date: 2015-09-05 Member: 207737Members
    @Kouji_San

Wow. As far as I recall you had always been here in this forum. To me, you are like the ancestor of all subnautica players. And I just discovered you owned a youtube channel ! I feel like i have found a treasure trove.

By the way, your song is great ! ( just a little harsh on the ears but you already know it ^^ )

And i have to ask : in your subnautica gameplay, you pretend that you don't know how to do things ( for exemple you are like " how do i make glass ?" or "quantum detonation ? the hell is that ?" ). Is it because you are doing a sort of narrative gameplay ?
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited April 2018
    Haha I guess you could say I'm pre-historic. There are other around as wel from the ancient past though :D

The thing is, even owning the game during pre-release, WAAAAY before January 23, I've actually only stepped into the safe shallows, kelp forest and the red grass zone. My save for that was so old, I basically forgot about the detonation sequence and all that was said. And I do believe it changed quite a bit as well. My old pre-release save was in creative mode, so I never had any need to gather resources or figure out what ingredients were required for things I did build. And the bases I build were mostly just tubes and early game stuff. So my reactions are pretty much all genuine, I tend to venture into games without reading up on it in advance. I'm a bit weird like that...

I can tell you one thing though, not getting spoilered about things was almost impossible. But I endured it for all these years and patiently waited for the final release in my safe shallows. Can you imagine my frustration, when I heard the 2017 Halloween release date wasn't going to be met and moved up to somewhere in January 2018 :D
  • BaleBale France Join Date: 2015-09-05 Member: 207737Members
    edited April 2018
    You managed to endure all these years :o You are quite a monster aren't you ? You really must have suffered.

When i bought the game, i played it immediately then quit it, waiting for another update, playing it again, then quit it. I did that many times already, i don't think that's the best approach either but i couldn't help it ^^ : the game and the updates were way too enticing.
    I did my best to avoid spoils though, when they were starting to work on the history, i managed to take a huge break from Subnautica for like 8 months and erased the forum from my favorites. ( that was hard )

But for enduring years of waiting for a game like Subnautica, you have my respects.

Now, apologies, i have a subnautica let's play to watch !