Base Bunker

shadowlink360shadowlink360 Join Date: 2018-03-15 Member: 239104Members
so this isn't an amazing idea but I think it would be cool if there was a bunker you could build as a room in your base it could add some hull strength and in a worst case scenario you can go there if your base is flooding or being attacked what do you guys think?

Comments

• Gamerman47Gamerman47 Join Date: 2018-03-18 Member: 239277Members
    But.... What if the bunker is attacked.....
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    Would be a good way to protect yourself from North Korea.....oh wait, a piece of paper would protect you from them
  • Isummon_DurtIsummon_Durt Lower MiddleEarth Join Date: 2017-12-09 Member: 234349Members
    What if you need protection from North America? I think that a particularly wide aluminum cap should do the trick in the large part.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    edited March 2018
    Nothing will protect you from America

Expect maybe Vietnam
  • BlueBottleBlueBottle Australia Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236674Members
  • ResilientPanda0ResilientPanda0 Join Date: 2017-10-02 Member: 233359Members
    so this isn't an amazing idea but I think it would be cool if there was a bunker you could build as a room in your base it could add some hull strength and in a worst case scenario you can go there if your base is flooding or being attacked what do you guys think?

If your base gets flooded how would you get out of the bunker? Let me guess you sit there and wait to die.
  • BTown780BTown780 Canada Join Date: 2018-04-10 Member: 239944Members

If your base gets flooded how would you get out of the bunker? Let me guess you sit there and wait to die.

Maybe the bunker can disengage and rise to the surface? Would be cool for some role play but in the game, I've yet to actually see anything attack or damage a base on purpose. Even when built in dangerous areas.
  • BlueBottleBlueBottle Australia Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236674Members
    Nope, I set up base overhanging the Lost River junction right in the face of a ghost leviathan. It never touched the base. It did however destroy an empty PRAWN suit I left parked just under its moonpool.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    So, basically a multipurpose room with a bulkhead and strengthened walls?
  • DreadgeNoughtDreadgeNought Join Date: 2018-03-02 Member: 238486Members
    You can add "Fortification" for 1 Lithium +3 Titanium for 7 more Hull Integrity to a base,

AND you can use Bulkheads in pairs to gain +5 to Base/Hull Integrity for the -1 from an or equal to "I" piece. These each give +3 and can in fact be used to control flooding allowing you to control for where damage is done to from whatever the given source reasons such as bad driving.
    (thus making them great along with "I" Pieces to separate base areas and for the doors to Moonpools)

Even if a base is flooding, if the Bulkheads to an area are closed off to that part of the base those sealed areas do not flood thus making it easy to know where to repair things.
    - lights dim if there is flooding damage, and water floods the flooded/flooding areas, eh.

Still would also be great if we could make Base "Main Computers" and such eh,
    so like on the Cyclops we could just look to see our overall base & status. ^_<