Cyclops emergency teleport

GreendwellerGreendweller Holland Join Date: 2016-04-19 Member: 215980Members
Hi all,

so i was thinking that an emergency teleport for the cyclops would be an interresting feature.
This is how i thought it could work:

When activate this upgrade it locks down the cyclops and spawns a shield that avoids all incomming attackes/dmg.
The procedude cannot be stopped by the user.

It teleports the complete cyclops to a pre-selected place that the user can select (If there is room for it) This could be anywhere in the world but the user has to set it before it can be used.

The teleport can only be used if the batteries are 80% full (or more) for normal batteries or 50% for the upgraded batteries (or something like that).

On teleport the batteries are completely drained and perhaps some are even damaged and need to be replaced.

How to obtain the upgrade:
Scan a certain amount of portals and pda will automaticly derive the teleport funtion for the cyclops.

This will give the user an escape for the cyclops in dangerous situations but at a cost so you have to think about it if it's worth to do so.

Comments

• AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    1) This would completely break the pace of escapes. It's honestly quite easy to set the point at a base with a ton of rechargers that could fix it, and stockpiled power cells for broken ones. It would let people escape almost unscathed.

2) Just getting it without any crafting recipe is too op. That's like saying "We see you scanned a Prawn Arm, here it is!" It breaks the idea of farming and looking for materials.

3) Teleportation should not be a thing, aside from small fazegates. Even then, fazegates should be highly limited. It would be so overpowered to just give us teleportation. It would let us escape to many situations we should live through, and that ruins how the game runs.

Overall, not a fan of this idea, but I'm just some random forums member. I have little say in this.
  • GreendwellerGreendweller Holland Join Date: 2016-04-19 Member: 215980Members
    I gues you are kinda right that the cost would be to minimal for the gain that you get.

It could also be done that the complete cyclops has a 80-90% chance to desintegrate on escsape, losing everything that is on board.
    (While keeping the need that the batteries has to have the required charge)
    And perhaps not make it availble in survival but only in hardcore. (At least get some way of escaping a dire situation)

The receipe thing i was a bit unclear about i see. I ment that you learn the reciepe after scanning an x amount of portals but you still have to make the upgrade in order to use it. Not just get it handed over to you.

A fasegate would also be nice but, yea, in a limited way. That was what i also tried to accomplish with the cyclops escape suggestion.

Anyways thanks for your input ofcourse.
  • NibinkNibink The Netherlands Join Date: 2018-04-08 Member: 239901Members
    I think the traveling is an essential part of the game plus I love the thrill of trying and hopefully succeeding on escaping my enemies so I wouldnt implement teleporting.

What I intentionly thought your post was going to be about was some kind of emergency escape pod you could launch out of your cyclops if it brakes down completely but I havent gotten my cyclops destroyed so I have no clue if there isn't something like that already.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited April 2018
    Pfft just step out of the sub with your repulsion cannon and slap some dipshits around :tongue:

No need for a reset button!
  • DreadgeNoughtDreadgeNought Join Date: 2018-03-02 Member: 238486Members
    There COULD be something like a "Warper" Personal Exosuit type of thing made for the
    "Natural Subnautica" universe as we research more about the Precursors in various expansions,
    with something perhaps added to the base game as we go into the future....

In turn, to have something that requires say 2000 or 3000 units of power to teleport the full ship to a base in range of the Scanner that has a Radio in it or that is in range of one that in turn does.........

Well, it'd give more value again to "Scannering Up" a full map/biome area to be sure eh,
    but no 'invulnerable shields' thing past if already have/using the normal or if advanced ones.

It'd in turn need to be a 'Life Comforts' Late Game sort of thing, perhaps.

For now, there is teh Shields + Ahead Flank + Decoys. :D
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    There COULD be something like a "Warper" Personal Exosuit type of thing made for the
    "Natural Subnautica" universe as we research more about the Precursors in various expansions,
    with something perhaps added to the base game as we go into the future....

In turn, to have something that requires say 2000 or 3000 units of power to teleport the full ship to a base in range of the Scanner that has a Radio in it or that is in range of one that in turn does.........

Well, it'd give more value again to "Scannering Up" a full map/biome area to be sure eh,
    but no 'invulnerable shields' thing past if already have/using the normal or if advanced ones.

It'd in turn need to be a 'Life Comforts' Late Game sort of thing, perhaps.

For now, there is teh Shields + Ahead Flank + Decoys. :D

Warping in general without using some kind of phasegate is just off. You shouldn't just be able to teleport away when that ghost leviathan charges you. It ruins the pacing of the game.