The Aurora Team ?

SERGIUSERGIU Romania Join Date: 2017-11-19 Member: 234041Members
edited March 2018 in Ideas and Suggestions
Hi, well I found you. Today I came up with an idea that I hope you like. I stayed and I thought how it would be in the game to be able to meet with different survivors of the Aurora. I mean, instead of those messages that come from lifepods and when you get there there is nobody ... you better find a survivor or a message where they left or something. What I mean is a kind of story for a new (version / DLC).

Comments

• SERGIUSERGIU Romania Join Date: 2017-11-19 Member: 234041Members
    edited March 2018
    Yes ... I really want to see this implemented in the game. It would be brilliant.
  • LeeTwentyThreeLeeTwentyThree Join Date: 2018-01-31 Member: 236321Members
    Well, most of them were killed. The message was recorded before you even exit your own lifepod. The crash sites also have PDAs that you can listen to or read.

A few drowned. One was killed by a reaper leviathan. Some were killed by crabsnakes. Some were eaten by biters and cave crawlers. Some were even killed by warpers. Two of the people did make it to the floating island, but their PDA says that they were "lost at sea".

It would be cool, but you're supposed to be the only person on the planet. And also, the animations would be hard to create and would take forever.
  • Number35Number35 Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224491Members
    Ehhh it just does not seem right. Sure maybe at the end of the game you get to see Ryley Robinson take off in the Neptune to the home planet. but I am unsure about the Idea of playing with someone else, after all it would be odd to do so due to the fact we have gone this long playing solo. But it also depends on how well the story is and what the character would be like.
  • ryansearcyakryansearcyak Alaska Join Date: 2018-03-01 Member: 238451Members
    1: 27 lifepods were launched from the Aurora, with an estimated 35% (9-10) of them surviving (Lifepod Tracking Data, Aurora Black Box Data). There are 10 lifepods in the game (LP 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 12, 13, 17, 19)

2: Only 9 people were alive when the Warpers were aware of their presence (Radio Message: "9 new biological subjects designated"). It is possible one of the survivors was quickly found by the Warpers and was killed and analyzed to see if there were more. This could explain why the message said 9 survivors, when there are 10 people that could have been alive at that point. It could very easily have been Berkely, since he crashed in the Blood Kelp Zone and Warpers are there as well.

3: After the second message from the Warpers is received (Radio Message: "targets unaccounted for: 1"), it is known only the player is left alive (Lifepod Tracking Data: "Human lifesigns detected over long range at T+8hrs: 1").

Most Likely Candidates for the Warper's 9 Most Wanted, presumably at least 1 was killed by a Warper
    1 - CTO Yu (LP 2) - intercepted by leviathan class predator (presumably a Reaper)
    2 - Berkely (LP 2) - fate unknown
    3 - Unnamed Crew (LP 3) - fate unknown
    4 - Unnamed Crew (LP 3) - fate unknown
    5 - Non-Essential Systems Maintenance Chief Ryley (LP 5) - the player
    6 - Unnamed Crew (LP 7) - fate unknown
    7 - Danby (LP 12) - most likely succumbed to the Kharra Bacterium rapidly advancing in his system, having reached Stage 2 within a few hours
    8 - Ozzy (LP 17) - fate unknown
    9 - Unnamed Crew (LP 17) - fate unknown
    10 - Officer Keen (LP 19) - probably died to the Reaper that killed CTO Yu

Other "Survivors", that probably died before the Warpers were aware of their presence.
    1 - Unnamed Crew (LP 4) - most likely killed by a Reaper that was also attacking the lifepod
    2 - Unnamed Crew (LP 6) - died when lifepod exploded
    3 - Unnamed Passenger (LP 6) - died when lifepod exploded
    4 - Jochi Khasar (LP 13) - died on impact

Other Crew - unknown if they made it into the lifepods or perished with the ship
    1 - Unnamed Crew (Aurora Scanner Room Voice Log)
    2 - Unnamed Crew (Aurora Scanner Room Voice Log)
    3 - Unnamed Crew (Surveillance Log, Leisure Deck B)
    4 - Captain Hollister (Lifepod 19 Second Officer Keen's Voice Log, Alterra HQ - Last Recorded Transmissions) - died with the ship
    5 - Huggins (Sweet Offer)
    6 - Wilson (Sweet Offer, Relationship Contract Legal Recording)
    7 - Technician Hinkle (Robotics Bay Security)
    8 - Fournier (Relationship Contract Legal Recording)

• AntardisAntardis Australia Join Date: 2018-03-28 Member: 239554Members
    We could also have other alternatives: Sunbeam survivors, space pirates looking for salvage, new rescue teams crashing on the planet, alterra competitors looking to race the building of a phasegate, etc.. they could've crashed beforehand.
  • BlueBottleBlueBottle Australia Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236674Members
    Yeah it's a pretty lonely gig on 4546B. I'd like to see some character interactions come into the game - at least in the manner of say Fallout 3 - where you have a choice of dialogue options that lead to various side-quest opportunities.

I'm right with you there those narrative lines @Antardis. Surely those Alterra desk-jockey's must be cooking up some cost-effective plans to weaponize Kharaa since someone managed to shut down the planet's defense system (err ... oops). And I don't expect those hippy Mongolian psycho-killers would give them a free pass on that project either.

Then there's the small matter of the Degassi team who went to so much trouble covering their tracks with all those fake news PDAs. Maybe they thought their bioweaponry research lab would go unnoticed under the Arctic iceshelf?

• jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    yeah, theres not going to be any Sunbeam survivors, there is no way a person would survive a 100MT blast
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    No for me dawg.

I think that the idea of isolation would be too broken. For me, I support the multiplayer mod, but that's because two or three others is still pretty isolated. Having an NPC is a bit different from a friend. If there was an NPC, it would be like another person got lucky.

I feel like only we get lucky, and that's why we took over the only survivor. What if we took over the Lifepod 7 guy? Would be kinda a bad game. But what if, in a Co-op situation, a second guy sat in the seat across from you. That would make more sense.

Either way, no for NPCs, sorry.
  • AnachAnach Join Date: 2018-06-10 Member: 241279Members
    I could imagine finding a survivor or two, maybe trapped in a base somewhere, but finding they had gone mad, and when you get close they attack, leaving you no choice but to leave them there. Or someone too injured to survive being moved. Something more than logs, but at the same time, still leaving you alone on the world.
  • BlueBottleBlueBottle Australia Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236674Members
    edited June 2018
    Turns out that some of the survivors fled to the Actic region to slow the pace of their Kharaa infections. They can be found somewhere in the new expansion bobbing about inside a big old ice cube.
  • Isummon_DurtIsummon_Durt Lower MiddleEarth Join Date: 2017-12-09 Member: 234349Members
    Perhaps the PDA could become something more like an augmented reality (or has a visual attachment connected to it via cloud) which can be used to project holographic images onto reality. Perhaps instead of actually interacting with the Aurora crew, their visual augment can display 3D recreations of the personages involved in a conversation. Perhaps this could be done within a holodeck of sorts, where the player can scan things within the holographic environment with their scanner to attempt to analyze things hidden beneath layers of an event. Think how the Next Generation crew uses the holodeck to recreate events and notice the things which they missed; the player can explore the virtual space within a few meters of a place where they took a screenshot if they don't want to take the time to scan an entire leviathan-class creature and decide to just gtfo and analyze the 3D photograph via holodeck.
  • Isummon_DurtIsummon_Durt Lower MiddleEarth Join Date: 2017-12-09 Member: 234349Members
    Perhaps the PDA could become something more like an augmented reality (or has a visual attachment connected to it via cloud) which can be used to project holographic images onto reality. Perhaps instead of actually interacting with the Aurora crew, their visual augment can display 3D recreations of the personages involved in a conversation. Perhaps this could be done within a holodeck of sorts, where the player can scan things within the holographic environment with their scanner to attempt to analyze things hidden beneath layers of an event. Think how the Next Generation crew uses the holodeck to recreate events and notice the things which they missed; the player can explore the virtual space within a few meters of a place where they took a screenshot if they don't want to take the time to scan an entire leviathan-class creature and decide to just gtfo and analyze the 3D photograph via holodeck.

Also good way to make use of the screenshots tab.