Just showing my base.

2»

Comments

• catazoancatazoan Join Date: 2018-03-14 Member: 239053Members
    I, as an efficiency nut who dislikes wasting resources, always get frustrated building these bases because I always go "How much food and water will i waste going from one side to another?" or, "do i need to grab more of this material?" and never finish the build :'(:/:s
  • Catsfan45Catsfan45 Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235894Members
    @catazoan Trust me you will figure those things out as you go. I just did whatever I felt like and made that eventually :)
    Thanks. It is something I need to work on now that I have enough water sources that dehydration isn't an issue
  • Isummon_DurtIsummon_Durt Lower MiddleEarth Join Date: 2017-12-09 Member: 234349Members
    edited March 2018
    Couldn't think of a good reason as to why this threat shouldn't become a base contest if it's otherwise doing nothing whatsoever. :p

lv30ihayvm7k.jpg
    tc4xvqldoktm.jpg
    @catazoan Water filtration machines are a great way to not need to worry about water. for food I recommend just putting a grav trap somewhere near your base. It also helps to have a thermal blade for when collecting fish from the grav trap. :)
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    catazoan wrote: »
    Thanks. It is something I need to work on now that I have enough water sources that dehydration isn't an issue
    Don't change, small bases are best.
    Catsfan45 wrote: »
    @catazoan Water filtration machines are a great way to not need to worry about water. for food I recommend just putting a grav trap somewhere near your base. It also helps to have a thermal blade for when collecting fish from the grav trap. :)

or just tons of melons in a plant room and some bulb bushes in an aquarium. I'm good now I just need to break out of the mentality I had on my first half of the play through where I'm quite sure I made all bladderfish extinct :D
    Maalteromm wrote: »
    Don't change, small bases are best.

tbh I have to disagree unless we're talking about one so big you get lost in it every five seconds.

now that i beat the game i'm planning on building a base in the area filled with bulb bushes, I like the look of it, it can be solar powered, and it has emergency food and water if need be.

@Maalteromm Well there is a saying, "It's quality not quantity". :)
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    tbh I have to disagree unless we're talking about one so big you get lost in it every five seconds.
    It's not about getting lost, it's about efficiency. The base should only house essential facilities.
    Get in, store whatever you picked up, eat / drink / heal, swap batteries with the charger, craft whatever you need, tend to a few other amenities (like recharging a reactor) and dive outside again.

I don't like wasting time walking long corridors.

My bases rarely have more then 2-3 multipurpose rooms, a moon pool and a scanner room.
    Maalteromm wrote: »
    It's not about getting lost, it's about efficiency. The base should only house essential facilities.
    Get in, store whatever you picked up, eat / drink / heal, swap batteries with the charger, craft whatever you need, tend to a few other amenities (like recharging a reactor) and dive outside again.

I don't like wasting time walking long corridors.

My bases rarely have more then 2-3 multipurpose rooms, a moon pool and a scanner room.

I agree with that to an extent and that's what I did when exploration was still the forefront of the game but I feel making the base a bit more nice and tidy after the main game is finished and you've explored everything can be fun and add to the atmosphere.

Not to mention you could make one of the small bases you're talking about but then add more nice looking fluff and base parts for when you're going to be staying there longer

that way you have the quick drop off things and be ready to head out again and the living quarters for if you're going to be doing stuff around the area. like the PDA said, and I'm paraphrasing here, "keep work places separated from recreational ones"