I'm making a Fan Made Subnautica Trailer.

AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
So, I decided to make a fan-made Subnautica Trailer.

I've created it using Hitfilm Express, an amazing editing software. I used OBS to record the scenes so far.

I used the track "Exosuit" for it.

HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY! IT IS STILL A WIP!

Edit: Quoted from below:
The FULL TRAILER is now up! Click the link below to see it!

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2018
    I like how you added the bit before the launch of your pod, that stuff is missing from the game.However, I can understand they would want other people walking around as well if it was to be official. Still, it looks cool with that addition :D
  • Isummon_DurtIsummon_Durt Lower MiddleEarth Join Date: 2017-12-09 Member: 234349Members
    @AnomalyDetected Suggestion: Remove the first bit showing the exterior of the crashed aurora and go directly to the second slide after we see the ship in the distance. Then, go back to interior of the lifepod (even though the player has already exited it from the top) and replace the bit about the player diving from the top of the pod with the cut scene in which the player first exits the bottom of the lifepod.
  • Isummon_DurtIsummon_Durt Lower MiddleEarth Join Date: 2017-12-09 Member: 234349Members
    @AnomalyDetected You also might want to extend the trailer with a 3D printer animation crafting something like a survival knife, then skip to a view in which the camera pans through the grand reef and then transitions into the blood kelp and then transitions into the kelp forest. After this short section, you could show a few in-game screenshots appear as if they're being placed in front of the camera in time with the music; perhaps a series of images which tell a story and which each appear for a half second. Maybe like three of these frames. After that, show a short second-long clip of a ghost leviathan swimming by in the distance in the dead zone, and from there have the music end with a dramatic note just before the 'What are you' sequence plays in the middle of the screen.
    @AnomalyDetected here is an example of a few of these screenshots which I mean: zxhn9kc8z3el.jpg
    3j2fplys6923.jpg
    jflc3yug6pbt.jpg
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members

• Catsfan45Catsfan45 Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235894Members
    Anyone else notice that he had a steam message at 0:36 in the video?
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    I'd like to thank everyone for the support.

Not only did a few of you support me here and give me ideas, but a few people commented on the videos. The trailer is now at 84 views, and I'm so happy. Honestly, I'm glad you guys would be nice enough to support me. I made it to draw in new players and for enjoyment, and I really hope it's doing just that.

Thanks again everyone.
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members

Kudos on the great clip!
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    This trailer makes scanning a Boomerang Fish something spectacular :D

The only thing which bothers me is the belly flop Subnautica Steve makes when jumping off his pod :trollface: