Impressions after just 4 hours playing

jaunetajabejaunetajabe Vascony Join Date: 2018-03-13 Member: 239020Members
Hi, I share some impressions about the game after 4 hours playing

A) The game is awesome and addictive

B) Looks unreal and stupid how fast moves the big planet in the sky

C) In terms of some realism a planet that close to ours and big should create very violent tides and water does not move

D) Day and Nigth should be longer, day passes very fast and also nigth

E) I have played a lot Space Engineers and I think it will be amazing to add some batteries blueprint for a base and manage energy as in SE we do. I want to say that we have solar panels that get energy from sun, the energy is stored (I do not where) and during the nigth is consumed. If we add batteries for bases we can store energy, know how many Kw are spending each room or device and have a bigger control over all our base. If you play SE you know what I am speaking about.

F) I know that devs wanted to make transitions from water to base or submarines fast, but looks a bit ridiculous how we enter in the base... At least the hatch should represent an small room. When you open from outside it is full of water and once you enter starts to drain all the water. Once the hatch is drained you can enter in the base.

G) If we install a radio in the base it should create a signal, or please add a blueprint called beacon to be added to the base

H) Multipurpouse room should have a variety bigger, once that you add a alien containment or some furnitures there is not really any space.

I) Multipurpouse room roofs should be able to be converted entirely to glass as we do with walls. It would be amazing

J) The Seamoth should have a small compartiment storage to keep some stuff

Thats all for today! I love your game

Comments

• Isummon_DurtIsummon_Durt Lower MiddleEarth Join Date: 2017-12-09 Member: 234349Members
    I was being cynical, so...

B: The thing in the sky is not a planet. Also, you don't know the planet's rotation speed.
    D: Same point
    F: Not sure what your conclusion is in this one...
    G: There is already an in-game beacon
    H: It's only worth 6 titanium to make another multipurpose room
    I: You can already do this with the observation room; however, this'd impede structural integrity.
    J: You can make one at any time from a vehicular modification station.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2018
    @jaunetajabe good on ya and welcome!

As for your F point. A hatch on the bottom of a hallway isn't an issue, but I do get your point about a side or top hatch for realism purposes. However, this is a game and I'd rather not have more infuriating mandatory animations to go through. The game is already chock full of 'em, like the unnecessary pulling up of the inventory/PDA animations :worried:

• LeeTwentyThreeLeeTwentyThree Join Date: 2018-01-31 Member: 236321Members
    A. True
    B. It's a moon
    C. I totally agree, but that might be laggy.
    D. Do your really want to wait an hour for it to become night?
    E : The energy is stored inside the solar panel, hover over it.
    F : Yeah, but that would be annoying.
    G: We have beacons
    H : True
    I : I heard one of the devs talking about that actually
    J : That is an upgrade...

You should check this before you post about it
  • kometaxkometax Join Date: 2018-03-15 Member: 239110Members
    A; So true :smile:

B; Moon with very strange orbit. Remember our sandbox is only very small part of the planet, but moon never dips below the horizon.
  • VoxelVoxel Join Date: 2017-07-10 Member: 231713Members
    Well, maybe you should play some more. :P Like for example "The Seamoth should have a small compartiment storage to keep some stuff"--- well- http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Storage_Module
  • jaunetajabejaunetajabe Vascony Join Date: 2018-03-13 Member: 239020Members
    I was being cynical, so...

B: The thing in the sky is not a planet. Also, you don't know the planet's rotation speed.
    D: Same point
    F: Not sure what your conclusion is in this one...
    G: There is already an in-game beacon
    H: It's only worth 6 titanium to make another multipurpose room
    I: You can already do this with the observation room; however, this'd impede structural integrity.
    J: You can make one at any time from a vehicular modification station.

B: If is not a planet what it is?
    F: A block for the hatch rather than a simple door
    G) I was speaking about a device to put inside the base, something big and looking different
    H) I will not reply to that
    I) Ye I knew that
    J) Thanks I did not know that
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    @jaunetajabe good on ya and welcome!

As for your F point. A hatch on the bottom of a hallway isn't an issue, but I do get your point about a side or top hatch for realism purposes. However, this is a game and I'd rather not have more infuriating mandatory animations to go through. The game is already chock full of 'em, like the unnecessary pulling up of the inventory/PDA animations :worried:

Ik, I understand what you mean but I did not know about that you can build a hatch in the bottom of a hallway, I would like to see something like a new block called hatch, like a hallway that is full of water to enter and when you enter drains the water.
    It is not only a new animaton it is a neew challenge becasuse if it is damaged and you dont repair you cant access to your base, and if you are close to die because hunger or oxigen you need to take into account the 2-3 seconds that the Hatch needs to drain water and be full of O2
    A. True
    B. It's a moon
    C. I totally agree, but that might be laggy.
    D. Do your really want to wait an hour for it to become night?
    E : The energy is stored inside the solar panel, hover over it.
    F : Yeah, but that would be annoying.
    G: We have beacons
    H : True
    I : I heard one of the devs talking about that actually
    J : That is an upgrade...

You should check this before you post about it

B) A moon is that we have in our planet and is with the sun that create tides, also would be amazing have an area that is over the water uring some hours and where we can find/make something durting those hours
    D) I am not speaking about a hour, in instead of 20 min day and 15 nigth, maybe 30 min day 20 nigth
    E) Ok, but it would be amazing to create a block called "batterie for base" that stores the energy, if you dont have it the panels wont keep any as in SE
    Also would be amazing to have Displays or LCDs to show thing such as:

Exterior temperature
    Interior temperature
    Energy stored
    Energy compsution
    Hull integrity
    Inventory

• Catsfan45Catsfan45 Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235894Members
    Might need to play a few more hours to get the whole experience. :)
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    edited March 2018
    While the base hatch water animation sounds now it would get very annoying. I can deal with the PDA and Seamoth animations but I can't deal with a hatch water animation. The current one is fine.
    As for the multipurpose room with glass roofs and floors I brought that up on the discord before and Cory said the idea would be great but it would make the Observatory useless. Though I would still rather have glass roofs and floors for the multipurpose room
  • Multiwitamina2018Multiwitamina2018 Join Date: 2018-03-16 Member: 239140Members
    Hi, I share some impressions about the game after 4 hours playing

A) The game is awesome and addictive

B) Looks unreal and stupid how fast moves the big planet in the sky

C) In terms of some realism a planet that close to ours and big should create very violent tides and water does not move

D) Day and Nigth should be longer, day passes very fast and also nigth

E) I have played a lot Space Engineers and I think it will be amazing to add some batteries blueprint for a base and manage energy as in SE we do. I want to say that we have solar panels that get energy from sun, the energy is stored (I do not where) and during the nigth is consumed. If we add batteries for bases we can store energy, know how many Kw are spending each room or device and have a bigger control over all our base. If you play SE you know what I am speaking about.

F) I know that devs wanted to make transitions from water to base or submarines fast, but looks a bit ridiculous how we enter in the base... At least the hatch should represent an small room. When you open from outside it is full of water and once you enter starts to drain all the water. Once the hatch is drained you can enter in the base.

G) If we install a radio in the base it should create a signal, or please add a blueprint called beacon to be added to the base

H) Multipurpouse room should have a variety bigger, once that you add a alien containment or some furnitures there is not really any space.

I) Multipurpouse room roofs should be able to be converted entirely to glass as we do with walls. It would be amazing

J) The Seamoth should have a small compartiment storage to keep some stuff

Thats all for today! I love your game

• baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    Not much to say here except the game is out of early access and as such can be considered a largely finished product. Minor tweaks may be necessary but nothing on the scale of what you're asking is likely to happen.

E) All power sources are considered to be a combination of generator/storage. Don't overthink this.

F) Just imagine, for reasons, that there is a small force field that lets you enter the base but keeps the water out. You'll thank me later.
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    @jaunetajabe
    There are lenghty discussions in this forum regarding most of your points.

As for the planet in the sky, the best one I've seen yet is that they are in fact binary planets, the one we play at being called 4546B, some argue that the one we see in the sky is 4546A.
    Regarding tides, one planet might be tidally locked to the other and that would lead to very different dynamics than that on our own earth-moon system.