Screenshot Contest!!! (RESULTS)

VoxelVoxel Join Date: 2017-07-10 Member: 231713Members
1st place- @Skope!

ex85n9l8991m.jpg

Runner Ups- Tied between @Kouji_San, @Bobaf, and @ColdWinter217

Congratulations to all the winners!

Let's see the BEST Subnautica screenshots!

-The winner will be the comment to receive the most "awesome"'s.
-To compete, simply upload a screenshot in the comments!
-Limit of one screenshot per person (let's keep it fair).
*Note: if you post multiple screenshots you will be disqualified.

There you go! There will be ONE WEEK until winners are selected (March 8th).

The prize: absolutely nothing, except the glory of being a winner!

Comments

• kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    edited March 2018
    crfcuxq4yst2.png

NOTE: THIS IS NO LONGER MY ENTRY.
  • HCP2311HCP2311 Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235914Members
    There I was, flying my little camera drone around, minding my own when suddenly I saw... whatever is going on in this picture. Floater eating a peeper? Peeper fighting a floater?
    l1uwgt2a6kur.jpg
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    Skope wrote: »
    oxztqxj4y759.jpg

That one peeper in the bottom left :D
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    edited March 2018
    ka09ga6omx5n.jpg

@ShuttleBug

This better? :D

Ninja edits are a lifestyle.
  • BobafBobaf Join Date: 2016-12-15 Member: 224974Members
  • matrixdllmatrixdll Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235941Members
    I apologize for "clogging" it up with HUD icons (got used to using steam overlay for screenshots)
    Just wanted to capture that "they cut off the power" claustrophobic feel in my sub's "cellar" : )
    542ymsqn0q76.jpg
  • VoxelVoxel Join Date: 2017-07-10 Member: 231713Members
    matrixdll wrote: »
    I apologize for "clogging" it up with HUD icons (got used to using steam overlay for screenshots)
    Just wanted to capture that "they cut off the power" claustrophobic feel in my sub's "cellar" : )

You have a beautiful cyclops.
  • matrixdllmatrixdll Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235941Members
    @Voxel ah, thanks! I wash it every day : )
    (sorry)
    Joke entries:
    r8ncv1vl9o4f.jpg
    8q2pxfk58qiq.jpg

Serious entry:
    fzhu7mvplyzi.jpg
  • Isummon_DurtIsummon_Durt Lower MiddleEarth Join Date: 2017-12-09 Member: 234349Members
    Awhile ago, I had an excellent moment for a screenshot; I'd used my PRAWN's grappling hook to sling towards the primary containment facility, but hadn't noticed that the sea dragon was approaching. So, I got a clear shot of the sea dragon sorta' looking up at me and snarling from ten meters away as I slung just past its head. However, I've never been able to figure out how to do screenshots and so I missed the opportunity.
    Awhile ago, I had an excellent moment for a screenshot; I'd used my PRAWN's grappling hook to sling towards the primary containment facility, but hadn't noticed that the sea dragon was approaching. So, I got a clear shot of the sea dragon sorta' looking up at me and snarling from ten meters away as I slung just past its head. However, I've never been able to figure out how to do screenshots and so I missed the opportunity.

F11 for the in-game acreenshot and F12 for Steam screenshoot. Wish my Sea Dragon stuck around instead of swimming off into oblivion.
  • lesserdoggolesserdoggo Join Date: 2017-07-16 Member: 231860Members
    g5jaasdlxaou.jpg
    Close up! Sea Emperor adolescent.
  • Isummon_DurtIsummon_Durt Lower MiddleEarth Join Date: 2017-12-09 Member: 234349Members
    ShuttleBug wrote: »

F11 for the in-game acreenshot and F12 for Steam screenshoot. Wish my Sea Dragon stuck around instead of swimming off into oblivion.

How do I transfer 'Subnautica' screenshots into my Steam screenshot library? I went somewhat crazy yesterday ever since I realized that I could set the screenshot button to whatever I want...
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    This one took way too long!!!
    2apx39bfazol.jpg

And the spoilered one doesn't count :D I just want to share it's awesomeness and maybe inspire some of ya! And perhaps showing you guys an interesting way on how to compose your shots. The Rule of Thirds (flying Peeper) or using a dynamic/diagonal composition (The Reefbacks in the spoiler). Feel free to do something similar, them Reefbacks are photogenic in any case!
    hpd7ewh1y0rf.jpg

@Voxel, cool idea! Also maybe one more rule, where the contestants aren't allowed to awesome? I dunno, something feels off in "awesoming" others :tongue:

Hrrrm... That water texture of yours caught my eye. In my own game, the water texture (at the surface) was sort of like a bunch of rectangles which mimicked fluid water motion. But your water looks smooth and wavy. Is there a setting I can use to adjust my own wave quality?
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2018

How do I transfer 'Subnautica' screenshots into my Steam screenshot library? I went somewhat crazy yesterday ever since I realized that I could set the screenshot button to whatever I want...

Open up Steam and check out "Screenshots" under "View" in the top menu. There is a "SHOW ON DISK" button in there somewhere, which will take you to your screenshots map of any game you've selected here.
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    edited March 2018
    Can I change mine?
    To this:fvjezd0mfb88.jpg
    kingkuma wrote: »
    Can I change mine?

Thats some clickbait YouTube thumbnail quality right there.
    edited March 2018
    kingkuma wrote: »
    Can I change mine?

Thats some clickbait YouTube thumbnail quality right there.
    p7wfjtjas2f0.jpg

• NyarlyNyarly Germany Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221887Members
    A sandshark discovered a new home in the shroom cave
    6z0c30lqmx9h.jpg
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2018
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    This one took way too long!!!
    2apx39bfazol.jpg

And the spoilered one doesn't count :D I just want to share it's awesomeness and maybe inspire some of ya! And perhaps showing you guys an interesting way on how to compose your shots. The Rule of Thirds (flying Peeper) or using a dynamic/diagonal composition (The Reefbacks in the spoiler). Feel free to do something similar, them Reefbacks are photogenic in any case!
    hpd7ewh1y0rf.jpg

@Voxel, cool idea! Also maybe one more rule, where the contestants aren't allowed to awesome? I dunno, something feels off in "awesoming" others :tongue:

Hrrrm... That water texture of yours caught my eye. In my own game, the water texture (at the surface) was sort of like a bunch of rectangles which mimicked fluid water motion. But your water looks smooth and wavy. Is there a setting I can use to adjust my own wave quality?

I just have everything set to "on" (except motion blur), at the highest quality setting and using the "neutral" color grade. Nothing special really.
    @Kouji_San maybe you could hep me out with a problem of mine. I have a good many screenshots stored in my PDA, but don't know how to transfer them to my computer. How do I do this? I went crazy with my screenshots awhile ago.
    edited March 2018
    @Kouji_San maybe you could hep me out with a problem of mine. I have a good many screenshots stored in my PDA, but don't know how to transfer them to my computer. How do I do this? I went crazy with my screenshots awhile ago.

A little trick I'd like to use, so I don't have to hook it up to a PC/MAC and scroll through the images.

Just throw it in your Google Drive or similar or you can email the image to yourself. Also you can upload it on these forums as well using the buttons at the top of this very comment box. It's the 10th icon from the left
    xquinczbcj3o.png

7rkccztj4wan.png

2018-03-03_00002.jpgrkadpsk60457.png

2018-03-03_00001.jpgyo68bascohkh.png

2018-03-01_00010.jpghjpu1mns3kb0.png

2018-03-01_00009.jpgy7os20hftlj1.png
  • ColdWinter217ColdWinter217 Join Date: 2018-03-03 Member: 238561Members

Won't let me place the image in the post itself so I attached it :)
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Little known fact, you can actually just drag any pictures you want (At least any .jpg, the forums don't seem to like .png) into the text box, it'll copy the image file, and it will appear. No need for any BBCode hassle.
    edited March 2018
    Little known fact, you can actually just drag any pictures you want (At least any .jpg, the forums don't seem to like .png) into the text box, it'll copy the image file, and it will appear. No need for any BBCode hassle.

You can even go EVEN FURTHER BEYOND!!! Copy the image into clipboard and paste it into this here comment box :tongue:
  • ColdWinter217ColdWinter217 Join Date: 2018-03-03 Member: 238561Members
    bxl3x21pg331.jpg

Hopefully this works :)