Cyclops Horn Scaring Small Predators

Cruster_GamingsCruster_Gamings USA Join Date: 2016-08-03 Member: 220926Members
edited August 2016 in Ideas and Suggestions
This is a small idea I came up with while watching a Subnautica video. A good idea for the Cyclops horn would be when you use the horn small fish and predators like the Sandshark, Boneshark, and Stalker would swim away from the cyclops thinking it is a predator higher on the food chain and it is trying to kill them. What I would probably use this for is to keep the Sandsharks away when I'm getting silver.

Comments

• SigmalxSigmalx USA Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220132Members
    but the drawback: draws out larger predators.
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    That's a cool idea!
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
  • weixing73weixing73 Singapore Join Date: 2018-02-15 Member: 237694Members
    edited February 2018
    Hi,
    Also encounter this problem in my current hardcore playthrough.
    First, a peeper swimming happily in my base, then two Lava Larva wondering in my cyclop and now a Lava Lizard share my cockpit in my cyclop... just wonder what's next... Leviathan?? :o

I got the screenshots, but I can't post the link yet ("Error: You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links.")... new user restriction.

Anyway, I manage to catch the peeper in my base to get rid of it. I kill both Lava Larva with my blade and blow one of them into pieces with my repulsion cannon. The other one unable to blow into pieces... making a few holes on my cyclops in the process, but I can't find it after some time... may be dead thing despawn??

The latest one is a Lava Lizard in my cyclops' cockpit... not sure what to do with it?? Since it didn't attack me, I wonder do I kill it?? Any idea??

Hope they fixs this problem.
  • BlueBottleBlueBottle Australia Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236674Members
    Sounds like you've made a friend. I had a lava lizard chase me into the Containment facilty, continuing potshots at me up and down the entrance corridor! Eventually it disappeared, maybe it reset after I used another exit.
  • VoxelVoxel Join Date: 2017-07-10 Member: 231713Members
    I just wish it impacted the sound meter. It seems weird that it doesn't.