Artic DLC variants

youser123youser123 Indonesia Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228305Members
I was thinking will there be an artic peeper or bladderfish variant, and would there be any abandoned bases which we could find artic cutefish. Will there be any new leviathans or will the reapers still be there. New lore perhaps such as how the creatures adapted to the colder climate or even a glimpse at some of the ancestors of modern day fish in subnautica.

Comments

• jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    edited March 2018
    I think it would be better if the expansion pass has no new giant lore in it. Most people will get mad if you have to pay to experience a crucial plot detail. If it is something small then I would be fine with it
  • VoxelVoxel Join Date: 2017-07-10 Member: 231713Members
    It could have side stories like the degasi, but obviously not any major plot points.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2018
    Well let's look at bears for instance, they are basically the same all over the world, but evolved to adapt to their particular environment.

Grizzly vs Polar bears is a great example, perhaps the Artic Reapers could be cousins with a coldsnap and the whiteout cammo adaptations...
  • Isummon_DurtIsummon_Durt Lower MiddleEarth Join Date: 2017-12-09 Member: 234349Members
    I think that given the age of the planet, anything living in the Arctic would be drastically different from whatever creature it evolved from. This is a place where analogues shouldn't be abused.
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    I think that given the age of the planet, anything living in the Arctic would be drastically different from whatever creature it evolved from. This is a place where analogues shouldn't be abused.

I disagree. Sure, many (maybe most) species should be endemic, but that is a strong generalization. Many of our whale species are capable of migrating between polar and tropical waters. But my stronger argument against it lies on the fact that after a few hundred meters the water temperature will be very similar world wide. Given the amount of life below 200-300 meters, it is likely that those same species can occur anywhere else on the planet.
  • Isummon_DurtIsummon_Durt Lower MiddleEarth Join Date: 2017-12-09 Member: 234349Members
    I agree with Maalteromm to a point. Although it's valid, I guess I don't want a clone of the rest of the map.
    I do not believe it will be a clone. The devs have so far been very meticulous about the quality of their products.
    I was only pointing out where I disagreed with your statement.

This game is filled with potential.
    - spoiler regarding final game scenes -
    What intrigues me the most is that people went crazy about the polar icecap, yet everyone seems to ignore the huge, earth green, landmass that shows during the rocket ascent.
    It must be dozens, if not hundreds of kilometers across. Bear in mind that the entire map we play on has ~3-4 km of diameter.
    Maalteromm, I only saw two rather small land-masses in the cinematic. Although only one of them could have been the Mountain island; the other one was some other land-mass. The first one did look sorta' like the mountain island, though. But as for the other island... kinda' looked like the floater island; although it's impossible that the two could be so close along the dead zone.
    @Isummon_Durt
    They are nowhere near small.
    Like I said, the entire map is ~3-4 km across. The mountain and floating island are little fractions of that.
    The moment you can see these landmasses the rocket already crossed debris orbiting the planet.
    Ok, fair enough. So there are two enormous freaking landmasses which everyone is ignoring. Brilliant.
  • Hertz94Hertz94 Join Date: 2018-03-07 Member: 238683Members
    What if because the cold in the artic biome the illness isn't full progressed or is weaker? O.o