[Bug Report] Moonpool ladders issue

ShadoxShadox France Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235990Members
Hello , often when trying to use ladder from moonpool , my character make a strange jump then fall back in water , rarely he even clip inside the ladder.

Screen :
1517340540-sub-br2.png

How to test :
-Use action key on moopool ladders

How to fix :
-Use hatch or insist or spam jump
-If stuck in ladder , look the ladder (for have action pop-up) then use Action key (don't make you climb but atlease unstuck you).

% of occurence :
I would say 50% for fall in water , 10% for stuck in ladder.

Sorry for my english.

Comments

• fenrir0wulffenrir0wulf Canada Join Date: 2017-09-10 Member: 232932Members
    Exact same problem here.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    Does it help at all to deconstruct then rebuild moonpool?
  • ShadoxShadox France Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235990Members
    narfblat wrote: »
    Does it help at all to deconstruct then rebuild moonpool?

I don't know , i'll try that tomorow on a crea game.
  • KitKat77711KitKat77711 Australia Join Date: 2018-01-31 Member: 236356Members
    I have a similar problem.Bulkheads have no animation and teleport me closer when I open or close them.
    Hatches don't have an animation and instead teleport me.Ladders don't have an animation causing me to fling toward the ladder, 10% possibly of getting stuck in wall of moonpool, 90% chance of just splashing back in the water.When trying to use ladder or hatch it always plays the audio of you entering the base using a hatch.
  • qeric99qeric99 Join Date: 2016-06-30 Member: 219354Members
    I have a similar problem.Bulkheads have no animation and teleport me closer when I open or close them.
    Hatches don't have an animation and instead teleport me.Ladders don't have an animation causing me to fling toward the ladder, 10% possibly of getting stuck in wall of moonpool, 90% chance of just splashing back in the water.When trying to use ladder or hatch it always plays the audio of you entering the base using a hatch.

Got the exact same problem. Its driving me nuts. So far, the only thing thats worked is literally deconstructing everything in my habitat save for one MP room. Obviously moving all my stuff out of lockers would be a nightmare if I wanted to actually use this solution and save the game. Let me know if anything you do fixes it.
  • ShadoxShadox France Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235990Members
    Now i use hatch , atleast it didnt fail ^^
  • DreadlordDreadlord Join Date: 2015-03-31 Member: 202815Members
    Got the same issue on several moonpools.
    Workaround: Dive down then with a bit of speed you can jump up onto the railing, instead of using the ladder. Easiest with the seaglide but doable without as well. (think like a dolphin) :tongue:
  • qeric99qeric99 Join Date: 2016-06-30 Member: 219354Members
    Dreadlord wrote: »
    Got the same issue on several moonpools.
    Workaround: Dive down then with a bit of speed you can jump up onto the railing, instead of using the ladder. Easiest with the seaglide but doable without as well. (think like a dolphin) :tongue:

Ha! I've been doing the exact same thing. Makes me feel so silly, leaping out of the water like a dolphin. Still hoping for a fix in the future. Or at least tips to prevent it from happening in future saves.
  • ranmafanranmafan Join Date: 2018-02-04 Member: 236837Members
    edited February 2018
    Experiencing the same thing. I found a video that shows the bug.

youtube.com/watch?v=FbHPjPqHD5k -> I can't post links yet so just use this

Did some testing. So far, I can confirm a few things on my end:

1) Up until the latest session, I had NO problems with the animations. Then this one time I use the ladder in the moonpool to go DOWN into the water (I may or may not have been jumping?), and the animation bugs out. I didn't recognize it at the time so I continued on my way and saved my game later. Now I can't get rid of it.

2) It affects ALL hatches (both the alien containment AND the ingress/egress hatches) and moonpool ladders WITHIN A SPECIFIC SEABASE GRID. Deconstructing and rebuilding specific modules within this grid does not solve the problem. Building a base just 5 millimeters away from the affected grid works just fine.

3) Prawns and Seamoth entry/exit animations work fine within the base.

4) Other savegames from different sessions work just fine.

5) Older savegames of the same base works just fine. (I just wished I'd made a backup more recently)

I registered just to report this bug too. I love this game, love it to bits. It kills me that this bug is preventing me from enjoying the base I spent dozens of hours building. ;(

Did some testing. I narrowed it down to the global-objects.bin file. I hope that helps.

Based on what I've seen, it seems this is an old problem that's resurfaced.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    edited February 2018
    edit: nvm, I had misread some stuff, my question was already answered.
  • JekafisherJekafisher Join Date: 2018-02-04 Member: 236862Members
    I've had the same bug, it seems to have everything to do with the size of the base.
    I've built a true monstrosity of a base around lifepod 5, it worked pretty well, until I built a tunnel above the water to the Aurora, and then it started, it's the game trying to save on memory when you build something too big, because unlike other games where you can build shit, this game renders the whole base as a whole, and not the individual parts, of course the lockers and stuff like plant pots and wall mounted objects are regarded as separate, but it counts the whole building as one big thing, you can see the warning sings that what you're building is way too big when the game freezes for about a second when you finish building something, like a haul reinforcement of even a window, does the same thing when deconstructing something, you will also notice just how bad they thought the whole building thing through, if you build something new, like a structural part, and you have a moon pool and/or a nuclear reactor, you will notice that any seamoth of prawn that's docket in the moonpool is dropped and raised again from the water when you finish, and the nuclear reactor makes a sound like it started up again.
    In the same save file, when I built new bases elsewhere, everything went back to normal, but every time I came back to my first base, even after I deconstructed most of it and made it very small, all the animations didn't work, and using the ladder in the moonpool still spawned me in the wall.
    My solution to this is a workaround, and that is if you want to build something huge, like building a tunnel from the Aurora to the lost river (I kind of started doing that... FML), you need to do it in chunks, build a base, and when you see the game having a seizure, just stop, build a hatch, and then start a new base like a foot away, just make sure that the first part of the new base, is not on the same grid as the old one, that way it will have its own haul integrity and you will probably need to put another power supply or at least use extenders, and that's it, you can build up the entire playable area if you want, just make sure you don't build one gigantic thing, or the game will get instant AIDS and drop to 10 fps, self reset to default all the graphical settings and cancel every possible animation to keep running... but honestly it's clear that they never meant for player to build anything more than like a 5 section base at most.
  • ranmafanranmafan Join Date: 2018-02-04 Member: 236837Members
    OMG you're right. I deconstructed my mile long tunnel to the Reaper Observatory and my base worked again! :open_mouth: Thank you!!!!!!!!!
  • DroidlingDroidling Join Date: 2017-10-26 Member: 233723Members
    I have the OP's issue even with a small base. It started when the whole base was a Moonpool, one corridor, and one MPR. When I expanded the base the 70 meters to the surface and added another dozen MPRs and a half dozen corridors it got to the point that every time I tried the ladders I clipped into the wall of the Moonpool.
  • MarclunMarclun Spain Join Date: 2018-02-14 Member: 237639Members
    Same glitch here, but sometimes is worst, the ladder rejects me outside the moonpool and the game doesnt change to swim mode, the character falls down until he impacts with the seafloor. Then it's impossible to jump to the hatch, I need to enter any vehicle to restart the swiming animation. So weird.