Abandoned Bases

HovenHoven Germany Join Date: 2015-08-10 Member: 206983Members
edited August 2015 in Ideas and Suggestions
Hey everybody,

I love the idea of finding abandoned bases of former stranded people who came far but did not make it.
Since there is no knowledge if there are any survivors I find this idea really interesting.
Maybe half/completely flooded bases that can be explored. Some short note left behind that give a clue about what happened.
They could also be a pool for some really rare resources or electronic trash that could be recycled. Or could contain parts of blueprints for a special submarine.
Such an abandoned base could be good appeal to create a second base. Just repair the base and use it as an outpost.
Same thing would be good for other sunken spaceships or maybe parts of the aurora. Like an biolab or something like that.

I hope you guys like the idea. Searching for "abandoned" gave no results in the ideas and suggestions section.

Comments

• 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Well we're the only survivor of the Aurora crash.
    And the Aurora is the first terraforming ship sent to the planet.
    So it wouldn't make a lick of sense.
  • HovenHoven Germany Join Date: 2015-08-10 Member: 206983Members
    We are the only person who survived we are aware of. And we are the first ship sent from a species we know.
  • ApoApexApoApex Join Date: 2015-08-10 Member: 206995Members
    I love the idea of abandoned bases. It would be amazing. It opens a path with which new items, (from different species and races that didn't survive), new modes of transport, and new creatures can be found.
  • destroyah87destroyah87 Join Date: 2015-08-08 Member: 206913Members
    I'm conflicted here.

On the one hand, I like the idea of you being the only intelligent life or evidence of same on this planet. That it's just you with no other evidence of anyone or anything that came before.

But on the other hand, finding an alien (in every sense of the word) complex in the deep abyss would just be the creepiest and best thing ever.

I'd be fine with either outcome, honestly.
  • ApoApexApoApex Join Date: 2015-08-10 Member: 206995Members
    I'm conflicted here.

On the one hand, I like the idea of you being the only intelligent life or evidence of same on this planet. That it's just you with no other evidence of anyone or anything that came before.

But on the other hand, finding an alien (in every sense of the word) complex in the deep abyss would just be the creepiest and best thing ever.

I'd be fine with either outcome, honestly.

I get that, but I'm more on the side of the giant, awesome looking alien that you accidently let loose from an ancient spaceship.
    One special thing makes it also pretty logical to find some abandoned bases there.

"However, during its descent, the Aurora was struck by a mysterious energy pulse resulting in catastrophic hull failure, leading to its crash landing on the surface of the planet."

http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Aurora

This pulse has to come from somewhere (something like the Bunker in the LOST TV show). Why should it not come from some ancient defense system?
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Hoven wrote: »
    This pulse has to come from somewhere (something like the Bunker in the LOST TV show). Why should it not come from some ancient defense system?

Because it came from a Warper lol

Because it came from a Warper lol

Source?

Btw. very ingenious style to keep discussing about the content of an early access game, but this shall be none of my business. (153 posts in 10 days say everything about quality anyway)
  • BurdockBurdock Join Date: 2012-08-27 Member: 156553Members
    I would rather see awesome cave systems made by epic water worms than have abandoned bases in game.

Btw. very ingenious style to keep discussing about the content of an early access game, but this shall be none of my business. (153 posts in 10 days say everything about quality anyway)

Wow, what a completely unwarranted insult.

• TollbanTollban Join Date: 2015-08-10 Member: 206996Members
    Previous civilizations are a cool idea, and it would make scientific sense Any where there is water life is gonna (to our knowledge) pop up, including Intelligent life.

Why not have an abandoned Planetary defence base, Heck even have abandoned cites Deep under water, with rare loot, powerful blue prints, Even an abandoned alien vehicle Armed with something to Remove the reaper threat.

The possibilitys with alien worlds are endless
    Well we're the only survivor of the Aurora crash.
    And the Aurora is the first terraforming ship sent to the planet.
    So it wouldn't make a lick of sense.
    :D
    As I heard about the farming update with the Abandoned Bases i had to quote your "lick of sense". :D

The devs did a great job implementing this!
  • Mr_Rieper7Mr_Rieper7 South Africa Join Date: 2015-11-16 Member: 209299Members
    I started a new game the other day, that whole -
    "However, during its descent, the Aurora was struck by a mysterious energy pulse resulting in catastrophic hull failure, leading to its crash landing on the surface of the planet."
    -seems to have disappeared.
    Now it seems the Aurora was a mining vessel and it's mission was not terra-forming but mining.
    I never read that the Aurora was the first ship sent only that it was on a mission to ... I dunno where actually, we might even be on the wrong heavenly body.

If that is the case then I'm not at all surprised to find abandoned bases as these would have been scouting parties doing assessments for future mining.
    Now that he game is released I had to give it a new try.
    I was so overwhelmed that I wanted to leave you guys a note and remeberd this old Topic.
    You guys did a great job!
  • Amazing_AquacatAmazing_Aquacat North Texas Join Date: 2017-05-22 Member: 230676Members
    There are times I wish we could repair the Degasi bases because they tend to be in spots with excellent views.