Am I supposed to have a signal to the alien bases?

TheMetalManTheMetalMan Finland Join Date: 2018-01-31 Member: 236391Members
Hey, I am new to the game and have only played for about four days, I recall from watching youtube videos that you're supposed to follow a signal to the alien bases.
Yet all I've gotten are "Clues" to where they are, which direction they're in and how deep.
Am I supposed to have a signal to follow? I just spent about 20 minutes following the walls of the lave cave in hopes to find the thermal plant, but I believe I ended up going in a circle. Acording to the wiki you're supposed to have a signal to follow. I've asked a friend who also is playing and he claims he doesn't have a signal either.
What am I doing wrong?

Any reply would be appreciated.

P.S. Have they patched it now so you can't put a cell charger in your cyclops and constantly get new energy? I've tried putting in a cell charger but the engine runs out of steam faster than I can refill it.

Plz send help.

Comments

• pariskoparisko Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236722Members
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    1. Direct signals for the later parts of the game have been removed, you just get hints. If you want to get to the thermal plant, find your first big lava zone enemy,
    sea dragon leviathan,
    then look for a large rock formation, which has been called the lava castle. The entrance can be hard to spot, look for the green of the precursor alien tech.

2. I'm afraid they removed getting extra power by charging within Cyclops. They never intended that to give extra energy. If you have the blueprint, build a thermal charger for Cyclops - you should be close to the hardest material to find. Otherwise, you'll have to use powercell chargers in a base.
  • TheMetalManTheMetalMan Finland Join Date: 2018-01-31 Member: 236391Members
    narfblat wrote: »
    1. Direct signals for the later parts of the game have been removed, you just get hints. If you want to get to the thermal plant, find your first big lava zone enemy,
    sea dragon leviathan,
    then look for a large rock formation, which has been called the lava castle. The entrance can be hard to spot, look for the green of the precursor alien tech.

2. I'm afraid they removed getting extra power by charging within Cyclops. They never intended that to give extra energy. If you have the blueprint, build a thermal charger for Cyclops - you should be close to the hardest material to find. Otherwise, you'll have to use powercell chargers in a base.

Thanks man, that's helpful.
    So I won't find the plant by hugging the walls? Is it in the middle somewhere?
  • xm234xm234 Poland Join Date: 2017-03-26 Member: 229207Members
    @TheMetalMan
    Exactly, right in the middle of the ILZ chamber, look for a large rock formation with multiple chimneys on top of it. The thermal plant is entirely hidden in the castle, you'll find 2 little entrances with precursor lights on opposite sides of the castle.
  • answersanswers United States Join Date: 2018-02-05 Member: 236916Members
    The entrance on the north(?) side is ate the source of a lavafall. I would guess the other is the same.