How to save the Rock Puncher (gameplay)

EternalGolemEternalGolem Join Date: 2016-11-04 Member: 223650Members
I have thought of a way to save our little rock puncher. Coral. Corals are rough and rock-like but still alive. What if there was a coral that had a soft, nutrient rich interior with a hard outer shell. (A snail or clam could also be a substitute).
With this coral, the rock puncher would have a food source and an evolutionary reason to have those giant punchers.
Again, the coral could be substituted with a clam or snail creature.
As for reasons to visit the puncher, maybe some of the natural crafting items could be found within the shell of the coral.

Comments

• Diever112Diever112 Join Date: 2017-08-29 Member: 232703Members
    Or settle it in the distance of stone spikes and make them chop those small spikes, inside these spines, it turns out, is a small .ecosystem with vegetation. This game is an invention. Everything is possible in it. But I like rock puncher and I want to see it in the game. Only a little more. 1.5 times the original size will be enough.
  • PhantomRider187PhantomRider187 Join Date: 2017-08-28 Member: 232692Members
    edited August 2017
    I have been playing Subnautica for quite awhile now and the experience has been incredible. I know that the developers removed terraforming because it created a lot of issues into the game but the Rock Puncher does not have to punch rocks in order to be in the game. I have seen the concept art for the Rock Puncher and, for me personally, I would love to see them in-game.

If they were to be implemented, I would recommend putting the Rock Punchers in the biome in between the Sparse Reef and the Northern Dunes. That area is quite flat and is very creepy when it gets dark. They could be be found traveling in large herds and sometimes fighting each other to prove who's the dominant one. It would be very cool if they were passive unless you get close to them and they will punch your sea moth.

Whether they are implemented or not, I still love Subnautica. It is clearly up to the developers if they see fit to add the Rock Punchers or not but if possible, I think it would be worth seeing a new creature somewhat similar to the Sea Treader in-game.
  • angeluscaligoangeluscaligo Join Date: 2018-02-01 Member: 236483Members
    They could add the Rockpuncher into the future Twisty Bridges biome, where they'd assault Blue Barnacle Clusters to find food and fight eachother in displays of dominance :D