Base in the dunes?

HopeTheSpaceTyrantHopeTheSpaceTyrant Join Date: 2017-06-29 Member: 231466Members
I can't find anything put creative mod pictures of anyone having the balls to make a base in the dunes. Is there anyone out there that has?

Comments

• OjakokkoOjakokko Finland Join Date: 2017-01-20 Member: 226999Members
    Wouldn't the greatest challenge be to build the base at the edge of the void?
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    Challenge accepted. Any parameters you're looking for in this base?
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    Once made a Scanner Room base near the Blood Kelp rift on the Dunes side. I think they put some Thermal Vents there, too, in the release version. Lots of resources. Just keep a distance from the Reapers.
  • Funsauce32Funsauce32 Canada Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218339Members
    i would totally build a base in the dunes. best place would probably be near the wreck.
  • BlrgBlrg Join Date: 2013-09-01 Member: 187580Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow
    If you are that afraid of the reapers, you can build a scanner room around there, and that allows you to track the position of the reapers
  • AvimimusAvimimus Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214968Members
    There's actually two nice oasis of life in the dunes, quite inhabitable and one of them is without sandsharks... also that one has a gave with a gasopod which somersaults... so definitely worth checking out.
  • SulmatuulSulmatuul Join Date: 2018-01-31 Member: 236370Members
    Safest place in the Dunes i've found is in the two craters located there. One has a meteorite stuck in the bottom and there's a nearby cave with Precursor stuff inside. The other has some sort of smoking vents in it.
    Both are low enough to avoid Reapers as far as i can see, unless they follow you in there. The odd shark is swimming around though.
  • IntotheVoidIntotheVoid Join Date: 2018-01-30 Member: 236221Members
    Fathom wrote: »
    Once made a Scanner Room base near the Blood Kelp rift on the Dunes side. I think they put some Thermal Vents there, too, in the release version. Lots of resources. Just keep a distance from the Reapers.

That's where i built my base i think. Overlooking a cliff. Near blood kelp entrance. 300m away from 2 reapers.
  • HCP2311HCP2311 Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235914Members
    I built a base on the edge of the Void. I couldn't travel straight up otherwise I would get in a fight with a Reaper and every once in awhile a Ghost would wander by. 10/10 Terrible place for a base as I was just too far from any useful resources.
  • FearXIFearXI Join Date: 2017-08-21 Member: 232529Members
    Reapers are no sweat for me. I had a pain in the butt one move into the "safe" shallows with me.
    Was a blast trying to park my Prawn / Seamoth in the Moonpools.

My next play through I plan to build there or an overhang into the void to play with the Ghosts XD
  • HopeTheSpaceTyrantHopeTheSpaceTyrant Join Date: 2017-06-29 Member: 231466Members
    Ralij wrote: »
    Challenge accepted. Any parameters you're looking for in this base?

Sorry been busy, I was just thinking it be the main base. So a semi-large sprawling structure. I'm doing a survival playthough and then I'm going to do a hardcore with my base in the dunes and Mountain area. Oh and a tiny starter in the SS.
  • KurasuKurasu Join Date: 2017-06-24 Member: 231322Members
    I can't find anything put creative mod pictures of anyone having the balls to make a base in the dunes. Is there anyone out there that has?

My dunes outpost:

https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/comment/2366726

The one in the dunes proper was a fairly compact base, as you can see: it had water filtration and food, as well as the observation deck so I could watch the Reaper in my territory (or is that the other way around?) but that was about it. My main inhabitable base was on the ridge nearby.

I would probably willingly build there again once I have started my new game in the post-release world (I need new headphones before I can; I refuse to play the game without proper surround sound!). There are more than a few areas where you have safe spots, and there are plenty of resources there. It's worthwhile, if extremely hazardous.
  • PawPaw Deutschland Join Date: 2017-07-28 Member: 232108Members
    I did a base in the dunes one time xD
    It was super ANNOYING, because i want to build the base near a reaper.
    Yas i did it somehow and it worked after two destroyed Seamoths xD
    I learned that i should build the moonpool first, the reaper can't grab it then haha

It was definitely a funny experience but i wouldn' do it again