Will the Carar effectively kill you?

sabin77sabin77 edmonton Join Date: 2015-08-12 Member: 207081Members
I'm infected will it kill me over time or is it just story based?

Comments

• TheWaffleLeviathanTheWaffleLeviathan Somewhere in the oceans of planet 4546B Join Date: 2016-04-15 Member: 215785Members
    It is just story based. You cannot actually die from it.
  • DarthOmnisDarthOmnis United States Join Date: 2016-12-15 Member: 224970Members
    In the Grand Scheme of Things it will kill you: from all stress of the constantly painful pustules and the knowledge that this will be the rest of your existence, you overall expected lifespan will slowly but inexorably be shortened to a fraction of what it could have been if you just did what your wife suggested and take an ore-hauling job for the Mongolians instead of gallivanting halfway across the universe with Altera, "Gerry went with the Mongols and he's Captaining his one ship now!"
  • ShadoxShadox France Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235990Members
    It is just story based. You cannot actually die from it.

Yeah , it say 2 week in PDA but i'm at day 190 xD
  • DarthOmnisDarthOmnis United States Join Date: 2016-12-15 Member: 224970Members
    "Have you ever considered that the concept of time works differently on other planets? I bet Gerry from that Mongolian Corp. knew that... Mother was right about you."
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Lore wise it will 100% destroy you.
    In actual gameplay? Naaaah.
    SN thankfully tries to avoid such hard time limits as it prevents actual long term exploration.
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    Look at it as you should at all things in your life: as something with good and bad.

Granted, it will slowly destroy your immune system, render you sterile, and leave you howling in pain as it slowly causes more and more genetic damage until you finally surrender to oblivion.

On the plus side, though, free night lights.