What about a sequel?

marco909090marco909090 Join Date: 2016-12-21 Member: 225283Members
Really, what about a sequel of subnautica? In another planet, or in the same, but in a different situation? maybe you can be in a research group on 4546b that by mistake, activate the technology left behind on the planet in a new cool way (maybe cloning some old leviathans, the very BIG ones), or you can be the same character that commands a crew of settlers on a new discovered planet, find some precursor tecnology and start investigating on them ... or I don't know; but I think that this game deserve a sequel ... (sorry for the poor English but I used the translator)

Comments

• lordoffilinglordoffiling Join Date: 2017-08-10 Member: 232342Members
    edited January 2018
    How about this idea:

Subnautica 2: The Void

(Or perhaps just an expansion to the current game.)

Several years later, we return to 4546B on an expedition to study precursor technology. Things go wrong. We will land on the same plateau as the current game, but we will go out into the void to visit many other land masses on the planet, visit more precursor ruins and learn more about them, lots of other fun stuff.

I’m in love with the idea of the new game using the same tech we have now for Time Capsules, only this time, what we find are the ruins of other players’ seabases from the first game. We can find the rusted out remains of their cyclops, swim around in their ruined seabases, maybe even harvest some of their stored materials.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    There's already a sequel. Infact two sequels. Since Subnautica is a prequel to Natural Selection and Natural Selection 2.
  • marco909090marco909090 Join Date: 2016-12-21 Member: 225283Members
    I must have misdescribed my proposal, then I will follow to reformulate :) .. I meant a sequel that takes directly from the actions of our character (focusing on him or his descendants based on the interpretation given to the final * coff coff *) or on what will happen on 4546b (researches or colonization expeditions), whichever of the two events is more interesting to show; I think it would be a nice idea to continue the brand and bring more players both to the original title and its sequel, also because I (like many others I think) have never played before natural selection 1 and 2 and I do not know if other players want to discover the two games after playing this (which of course I will do) ... obviously it depends on the taste. Then resuming the lordoffiling comment if you were to return to 4546b in the safe shallows you should find your base with your owning previously left on the planet instead of those of other players ... i don't know
    I must have misdescribed my proposal, then I will follow to reformulate :) .. I meant a sequel that takes directly from the actions of our character (focusing on him or his descendants based on the interpretation given to the final * coff coff *) or on what will happen on 4546b (researches or colonization expeditions), whichever of the two events is more interesting to show; I think it would be a nice idea to continue the brand and bring more players both to the original title and its sequel, also because I (like many others I think) have never played before natural selection 1 and 2 and I do not know if other players want to discover the two games after playing this (which of course I will do) ... obviously it depends on the taste. Then resuming the lordoffiling comment if you were to return to 4546b in the safe shallows you should find your base with your owning previously left on the planet instead of those of other players ... i don't know
    There's already a sequel. Infact two sequels. Since Subnautica is a prequel to Natural Selection and Natural Selection 2.

sorry i have wrote it 3 times ahahah
  • JarinJarin Los Angeles Join Date: 2013-12-16 Member: 190184Members
    Well, next project for the team (after they get back from vacation, and then actually deal with launch bugs) sounds like it's going to be that "arctic DLC" they've been talking about. Any kind of sequel is a long ways out yet.
    Jarin wrote: »
    Well, next project for the team (after they get back from vacation, and then actually deal with launch bugs) sounds like it's going to be that "arctic DLC" they've been talking about. Any kind of sequel is a long ways out yet.

Well obviously it would be a Long way out, I was just asking myself "what's for tomorrow?" Of this game.. Simply I would be shocked to see it left alone
  • adel_50adel_50 Join Date: 2016-09-01 Member: 221973Members
    Jarin wrote: »

Well obviously it would be a Long way out, I was just asking myself "what's for tomorrow?" Of this game.. Simply I would be shocked to see it left alone

That's what could happen after that dlc if there's no other plans for the game in secret because one of the websites actually interviewed charllie Cleveland and said (well the team is on two sides,one side that wants to move on to something new and the other side wants to keep working on it) so only time will tell buddy
  • SickSixSickSix FL Join Date: 2018-01-29 Member: 236202Members
    I just got this game this weekend and am already anticipating a co-op sequel! This concept is perfect for co-op gameplay!
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    The game just came out and you guys already want a sequel? The dev team needs at least a month of hibernation before even touching a computer.
    ShuttleBug wrote: »
    The game just came out and you guys already want a sequel? The dev team needs at least a month of hibernation before even touching a computer.

I agree with you: Mine was only an idea ;)
  • leea1leea1 wales Join Date: 2018-02-01 Member: 236507Members
    POSSIBLE SPOILERS

I really wanna buy this game but from the videos ive been watching it seems like a very easy game! everything you make requires so little stuff to produce that item. The story looks really cool but to short and over far to fast for me. They haven't left it open to expansions as they have given u the cure and you can leave the planet. So all they will do now is add more things into the game to build.

Amazing concept for a game but to me they could have filled it out with so much more than they have done! I know if I buy it I will be disappointed with the lack of stuff to do.

Such a shame, but who knows maybe they will come back with some interesting things to bulk up the game. New stories more animals and way more stuff to do in my option
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    How about this idea:

Subnautica 2: The Void

I was thinking more along the lines of

Desertnautica - Who pulled the plug!
  • mikedevmikedev Seattle Join Date: 2018-02-01 Member: 236508Members
    I'd welcome a sequel, especially if they can reuse some of the assets from subnautica to keep making new worlds to explore with a similar level of detail as this one. Then they can spend more time/money on fleshing out the world with more story elements done in the same way as subnautica and add on with more cool things to experience!