[BUG] Can't interact with Cyclops controls in VR - Xbox1 wireless controller [2459105]

SpendiusSpendius Join Date: 2018-01-25 Member: 235720Members
After taking control of the Cyclops, I can't interact with any button on the Cyclops HUD, including "start engine". I tried looking all around, using mouse, centering view with F2 and pressing every button, can't find the popup prompt to press A. No more luck with the mouse.
Also, I can't interact with the customisation panel, while the floodlights / internal lights controls work fine.
I am using an Oculus DK2 and an XBOX 1 wireless controller.

Comments

• vpelletiervpelletier Join Date: 2018-01-10 Member: 234944Members
    In my experience I have to aim bottom-left of each button, at a seemingly random distance (intended button has its top-right corner between 0.5 and 1.5 button-size away from its apparent location).

I do not get this issue with:
    • scanner room UI
    • wreck doors
    • single-big-button terminals in wrecks (those adding a databank story entry)
    • pda
    • fabricators of all kinds: lifepod's, mobile vehicle bay, cyclops', moonpool's
    • cyclops fire suppression system

I do get this issue with:
    • cyclops bridge UI (engine on/off + speed selector, switching to camera view, decoy tube, sonar, silent running)
    • keypads

I have a Vive and a PS3 controler (with some 3rd-party driver), and use "gaze-based cursor".
  • SpendiusSpendius Join Date: 2018-01-25 Member: 235720Members
    edited January 2018
    Thanks for the answer. From what you describe, it is exactly how the main menu worked in VR pre-release.

I can add to the non working features the docked vehicle interface (upgrades + storage) in the cyclops (I have not tried the moonpool but I suspect it's gonna be the same).
  • AlmightyJuAlmightyJu Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235949Members
    I've ran into the same issues with my CV1. I can use the cyclops with gaze based cursor on but then I can't handle the rest of the game with it so I have to either not use the cyclops, deal with gaze based cursor or constantly switch between the 2.

I've decided to hope they make it work with the controller before carrying on.
  • Umbertoz92Umbertoz92 Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235955Members
    Sorry I search about how begin a new thread but I just don't know how, I have an huge problem with a ds4, someone could help me? Please?

Thank you and sorry again
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    @Umbertoz92 The reason you can't make a new thread is anti-spambot measures. If I remember right, you need one post in a thread and 24 hours before you can make new threads. I don't know anything about ds4's, but I recommend giving more detail as to what is going wrong.
  • AbiosiSAbiosiS NY Join Date: 2018-02-01 Member: 236440Members
    Created an account to say I am having this exact same issue on Xbox One(not S or X). Obviously not in VR.

I just built a Cyclops, got super excited, then when I look in the top left of the pilot HUD I see the icon, it says Hit Y Power Up Engine, and nothing happens.

I've remapped the Use function to a different button and reset controls to default and still had no luck. Restarted game and Xbox and still absolutely nothing. I've tried looking at every pixel of that icon, even walked away from HUD and tried hitting it while it still said Y Power Up.

I have literally sat here for atleast 30 minutes trying to hit this button and resume this amazing adventure. There is a reason why I've put 24 hours into this game in 3 days. This is extremely frustrating and massively disappointing.

Game and console are both completely up to date.

Please Devs, help me out here.

Also, Thank you for this awesome game. This is the only reason I've turned my Xbox on in 6 months. Will buy again on PS4 Pro.
  • AbiosiSAbiosiS NY Join Date: 2018-02-01 Member: 236440Members
    I got my Cyclops running! I just have to make sure LEFT HAND/USE is bound to A button. Which is default, but I must have just kept changing it back to JUMP.

I am happy to further my adventure, but do hope I will be able to not have to reset to default controls and then remap every time I want to drive my Cyclops.

Thanks again for one of the most thrilling experiences I have had gaming in years!
  • unknownposterunknownposter Join Date: 2018-02-08 Member: 237148Members
    I'm having this issue with Vive/Xbox 360 controller.

I have never been able to use any interfaces like door keypads, scanner room, and cyclops. Gaze on, seemed to work for scanner room but still clunky. No dice on the keypads and I just got my cyclops. With gaze, I can only partially interact with the HUD. I can manage to get the engines on, but on the right side I can only manage to activate silent running. Can't get into camera mode nor can I select sonar scan.

Combine that with the view offsetting when entering vehicle(and no easy way to recenter), it makes using the cyclops nigh impossible in VR atm.
  • SpendiusSpendius Join Date: 2018-01-25 Member: 235720Members
    You can center the view with F2, took me some searching to find out. Still not a perfect way, but F2 is relatively easy to find with headset on.