Time capsule contents?

kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
Post what you left in your time capsule here!
b3j3t1nkmlga.jpg

Comments

• adel_50adel_50 Join Date: 2016-09-01 Member: 221973Members
    kingkuma wrote: »
    b3j3t1nkmlga.jpg

Oh I just put a cuddlefish in it you don't need water when you're surrounded by water
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    Is there a way to find time Capsules you make in your next games?

I ask because I want to make a lot of logs for myself and get them so I can have logs.

Or atleast have the devs add custom entry tools.
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    How many time capsules can you actually find in your own game?
  • adel_50adel_50 Join Date: 2016-09-01 Member: 221973Members
    Is there a way to find time Capsules you make in your next games?

I ask because I want to make a lot of logs for myself and get them so I can have logs.

Or atleast have the devs add custom entry tools.

Well as far as I know you can get every time capsule that is in the game but I don't know about your own but I think they do appear in your game as well
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    edited January 2018
    The question is, when does it stop?

Because, at one point, thousands of people are going to make Time Capsules, and the floor will just be littered with the things.
  • SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    b3j3t1nkmlga.jpg
    should have named him "gillson"
    worst pun opportunity miss i've ever seen in my life
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    b3j3t1nkmlga.jpg
    should have named him "gillson"
    worst pun opportunity miss i've ever seen in my life

$#/+!!!!!
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited January 2018
    Heh ... I'm Immortal ... kinda-sorta.

I've found Two in my game so far.
    (but not that one)

B)
  • BaylerGuy490BaylerGuy490 Join Date: 2018-01-24 Member: 235676Members
    edited January 2018
  • Calarand77Calarand77 lurking in general forums Join Date: 2016-01-22 Member: 211786Members
    Curious: are the capsules moderated in any way right now? Because I've seen people on Reddit claim they got end-game items in them at the very start of the game and it just feels... wrong. Not to mention that some of the images I've seen should have never made it, either.
  • RocketRocket Join Date: 2018-01-14 Member: 235036Members
    Calarand77 wrote: »
    Curious: are the capsules moderated in any way right now? Because I've seen people on Reddit claim they got end-game items in them ...

They are supposed to be moderated by the company. Having said that, it is reasonable to expect that standards shall slide, especially given the popularity of the game. Even before release, the player (purchase) numbers were obscene, all things considered.

Three capsules per game start. Max. If people abandon their game starts, then so be it. Capsules should be lost.
  • Calarand77Calarand77 lurking in general forums Join Date: 2016-01-22 Member: 211786Members
    Rocket wrote: »
    They are supposed to be moderated by the company. Having said that, it is reasonable to expect that standards shall slide, especially given the popularity of the game. Even before release, the player (purchase) numbers were obscene, all things considered.
    Yeah, that's what I was afraid of from the start. Pity, because the concept was good. I guess I'll just avoid opening them in my game.
  • AenerionAenerion Netherlands Join Date: 2018-01-25 Member: 235727Members
    Screenshot of the actual capsule didn't save for some reason, but I put this pic in it, together with a compass, a cap and a carry-all bag;

auqtfqthbu4d.jpg
    "“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”"

• KlinnKlinn Lost in a cave Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214022Members
    Nice quote Aenerion. My capsule was not as poetic. Forgot to take a screenshot before I ejected it, but here's what it said:

Accepting My Fate

Subnautica-TimeCapsule01-Small.jpg

I thought the pay from this contract would mean a better life for my family back home. Now I don't know if I'll ever see them again.

All I have left of them is this one tattered picture. The kids were so excited to play in the ocean that day. Ironic, given what's happened to me.

If anyone finds this capsule, tell my wife and kids that I love them.

K. Linn
    Phase Gate Technician 2nd Class
  • IgnoreSandraIgnoreSandra Join Date: 2018-01-26 Member: 235868Members
    I should learn to be more concise. I ran up against the character limit, and had to do some revising. The contents are a mix of stuff that's kind of unreasonably hard to get IMHO, and some hints to stuff that can be done which new players might not know about. Nothing in the capsule requires going in a cave to find, which I think is important.

The contents are: Two Enameled Glass, one gas torpedo, one reactor rod, one cured reginald, and a wiring kit.

hfco7yvz41o7.jpg
    2dl4cw3txdm5.jpg
    mejvok28gylt.jpg
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    I love the time capsules but what sucks is that I was checking the voting page and some jerk had their pic be the gun blowing up the Sunbeam. So it would spoil new players. Even worse. More than 10 people up voted it. Like why!?
  • RyuujinZERORyuujinZERO Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235999Members
    Since someone asked me to post it when I mentioned I'd made a custom pic for mine. The pic and capsule is remarkably un-Subnautica related, but rather a crossover with Undertale, giving a nudge towards both games emphasizing non-violence and being winnable without hurting anything.

rDuQFvp.jpg

Full size version of goatbro

adel_50 wrote: »

Oh I just put a cuddlefish in it you don't need water when you're surrounded by water
    I saw someone mentioned on Reddit finding a capsule that had a pre-hatched cuddlefish in it, and when they placed down the fish it didn't appear... sadly, your cuddlefish probably suffocated in that little container <.<

Here's mine... excuse lame editing.

h9ys966e6upj.jpg

Personally, I don't like advanced items in the capsules I find, I'd rather get to everything myself, so in my capsule I mostly put cosmetic stuff that would go well with the little story I wrote in the message. There's some lab stuff to analyze samples and decorate your lab area with, a compass to help find new places (just so the capsule isn't completely useless), and a 'Keep Calm' poster for motivational purposes. The screenshot from the trailer was just perfect to illustrate my message, so I added that in.
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    Since someone asked me to post it when I mentioned I'd made a custom pic for mine. The pic and capsule is remarkably un-Subnautica related, but rather a crossover with Undertale, giving a nudge towards both games emphasizing non-violence and being winnable without hurting anything.

rDuQFvp.jpg

Full size version of goatbro

adel_50 wrote: »

I saw someone mentioned on Reddit finding a capsule that had a pre-hatched cuddlefish in it, and when they placed down the fish it didn't appear... sadly, your cuddlefish probably suffocated in that little container <.<

That cuddlefish was probably mine.
    The screenshot from the trailer was just perfect to illustrate my message, so I added that in.

Excellent idea to use that screenshot Calarand, it ties into your message and items beautifully. :thumbsup:
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    I love the time capsules but what sucks is that I was checking the voting page and some jerk had their pic be the gun blowing up the Sunbeam. So it would spoil new players. Even worse. More than 10 people up voted it. Like why!?

There's a voting page?? Where?

Check up floater threads up top this forum. :)https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/153839/time-capsule-voting/p1
    For new players, be aware you'll run into spoilers on that voting page.
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members

Check up floater threads up top this forum. :)https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/153839/time-capsule-voting/p1

Thank you!!
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    Honestly I had no idea when I first built the rocket and slipped the bonds of the ocean planet that my time capsule could be had by other actual players. Guess I missed that part.
  • UnrealInstinct8UnrealInstinct8 U.S.A Join Date: 2015-04-12 Member: 203335Members
    I got a time capsule that was like one of those dating adds like "Hot Blondes Near You" and I felt pretty scammed when it didn't even come with anything inside it...
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    Here's mine... excuse lame editing.

h9ys966e6upj.jpg

Personally, I don't like advanced items in the capsules I find, I'd rather get to everything myself, so in my capsule I mostly put cosmetic stuff that would go well with the little story I wrote in the message. There's some lab stuff to analyze samples and decorate your lab area with, a compass to help find new places (just so the capsule isn't completely useless), and a 'Keep Calm' poster for motivational purposes. The screenshot from the trailer was just perfect to illustrate my message, so I added that in.

Back when I was talking about logs, I kinda meant like this one.

Great job on that one.
    Klinn wrote: »
    Excellent idea to use that screenshot Calarand, it ties into your message and items beautifully. :thumbsup:
    Back when I was talking about logs, I kinda meant like this one.

Great job on that one.

Thank you so much! I can only hope that whoever finds it in game will enjoy it. :)
  • LarkLark CA Join Date: 2018-02-09 Member: 237229Members
    edited February 2018
    Hm, this forum is very strict when it comes to new posters, but I will do what I can. I'd post pictures otherwise.

I was thinking of doing something like this for a Time Capsule:

Contents:
    2 powercells, pathfinder tool, thermoblade, nutrient block, large filtered water

Image: A cold-looking life pod interior.

Title: Cold Out Here

Message: Hey, this is everybody's favorite zero-gravity blastball couch. I'm in life pod... well, I'm certainly not going to go outside and check what number it is. Figures there'd be an emergency while I'm in my skivvies.

A rescue would be nice right about now. There's a lot of ice and it's real cold. I think I see some smoke that might be from the Aurora but it's too far away for me to be certain. The... the water outside is making this weird howling noise; I can't tell if it is some sort of waterfall or air current or what.

I'll put what extra supplies I can fabricate into a time capsule and toss this out of the life pod for anyone else who survived the crash. I know I'll die from exposure if I try to swim for the Aurora wreckage, so maybe by helping whoever finds this they can help me.

Please find me soon.