Time Capsule Treats (was "Acituanbus, Found It!")

KlinnKlinn Lost in a cave Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214022Members
Thanks for the goodies you left for us to find Acituanbus!

(edited to update thread title)

Comments

• Gourmet_GuyGourmet_Guy Ohio Join Date: 2016-06-16 Member: 218647Members
    I wonder, are time capsules only accessible by one person, and you got lucky, or can multiple people find the same one?
  • adel_50adel_50 Join Date: 2016-09-01 Member: 221973Members
    I wonder, are time capsules only accessible by one person, and you got lucky, or can multiple people find the same one?

You can find it even if someone else has it
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    What goodies would you be referring to?
  • RocketRocket Join Date: 2018-01-14 Member: 235036Members
    Is Acituanbus a dev or something?

I've got a time capsule in my hardcore game. It appears to have contained one each of sea and land PRAWN posters, as well as two PRAWN grappling modules.

mgejfk2cx8b9.jpg
    Rocket wrote: »
    Is Acituanbus a dev or something?

I've got a time capsule in my hardcore game. It appears to have contained one each of sea and land PRAWN posters, as well as two PRAWN grappling modules.

mgejfk2cx8b9.jpg

The time capsules can be filled by players when they have the rocket built and launch it and they can put some items in it so that's what is going on but the question is: did he go through the ending sequence?
  • KlinnKlinn Lost in a cave Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214022Members
    Note that the contents added to a time capsule are screened by Unknown Worlds before they are seeded into other players' worlds. Helps avoid dick pics and other such silliness. :D
    Klinn wrote: »
    Note that the contents added to a time capsule are screened by Unknown Worlds before they are seeded into other players' worlds. Helps avoid dick pics and other such silliness. :D

Add to that getting items that will give you an unfair advantage in the game if you get it early on
    Quite true Adel_50, the devs would want players to experience the progression of the game for themselves, not cheat it.

I suggest the best thing is to roleplay it. Think of what your avatar would write in that situation, their struggles, fears, and hopes for the future. Are they angry with Alterra for ending up in this predicament or have they come to accept it? Maybe add a memento like a creature egg.

Think of it as a chance for you to add a little bit to the story of this world.
  • fr33willfr33will /\/¯¯¯¯¯\/\, South Africa Join Date: 2018-01-22 Member: 235388Members

+1, I just found it. A few minutes after building my first cyclops. Bought the game 3 days ago, really loving it so far!

My package contained 4 or 5 Ion power cells (seamoth power for days!) and Aurora miniature.
    fr33will wrote: »

+1, I just found it. A few minutes after building my first cyclops. Bought the game 3 days ago, really loving it so far!

My package contained 4 or 5 Ion power cells (seamoth power for days!) and Aurora miniature.

What i will add in my capsule is a cuddlefish egg so people won't be lonely
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited January 2018
    I found one a couple of days ago...

It had one each of the starting tools in it:

Repair Tool
    Habitat Builder
    Scanner
    Knife

And it also contained a message from Awesomecrunch...

One small step for man, one giant leap for Subnautica
    "Hi, it's Awesomecrunch from the past.
    Hope the whole survival thing works out.
    It's pretty tough, but you'll get there eventually...
    Hopefully.

Out"

Pretty Cool B)
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    I found one a couple of days ago...

It had one each of the starting tools in it:

Repair Tool
    Habitat Builder
    Scanner
    Knife

And it also contained a message from Awesomecrunch...

One small step for man, one giant leap for Subnautica
    "Hi, it's Awesomecrunch from the past.
    Hope the whole survival thing works out.
    It's pretty tough, but you'll get there eventually...
    Hopefully.

Out"

Pretty Cool B)

I think we do now have multiplayer in a different way then we are used to see but its so cool seeing this type of things
  • ShadowserpenzShadowserpenz Join Date: 2018-01-22 Member: 235392Members
    So question that has most likely been answered... Can you load multiple pictures in a time capsule?
    Good question. I wonder what the size limits are for a picture, because if they're big enough, you could assemble multiple pics into one and attach that.
  • NuclearTestingNuclearTesting Join Date: 2017-07-27 Member: 232082Members
  • PyurahPyurah United States Join Date: 2018-01-23 Member: 235413Members

I just found it too... Thanks!
  • GoldenDiamond17GoldenDiamond17 United States Join Date: 2018-01-23 Member: 235417Members
    I found it as well! Thanks Acituanbus!
    Hmmm, I think my message might read "Greetings survivor, great job not dying". :D

We can't let that classic be forgotten!
  • RocketRocket Join Date: 2018-01-14 Member: 235036Members
    Hmm. I hadn't noticed this. In the Databank there's a section at the bottom for Time Capsules.

The one I found has the heading "Alterra Arms Incorperated™ Sponsorship Deal"

That's not how you spell Incorporated btw. And I'm a survivor, not a survior.
    edited January 2018
    Heh ... I would guess at this point the Dev's don't really have time to be "Spell Checkers".

B)
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    adel_50 wrote: »

I'm putting an actual cuddlefish in mine
    edited January 2018
    kingkuma wrote: »
    adel_50 wrote: »

I'm putting an actual cuddlefish in mine

I'm copying you. In fact when i was in game i was thinking what will he/she do with the egg if he doesn't have the alien containment so I decided to put an actual cuddlefish but I wonder will it fit?
  • ThunderShock27ThunderShock27 America Join Date: 2017-02-13 Member: 227880Members
    Oh boy! I can't wait for the release. As soon as I beat the game, you know my time capsule is going to have references to Splashdown! ;)
  • SunseahlSunseahl Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205358Members
    If only we could put in the buildables.... i'd add both the Markiplier Doll AND Jack's Septic Tank.
    edited January 2018
    I found a second one from ...

CHOPS - Technical Artist at UWE.

It's a message and a pic of a sketch he did back at the beginning of development.

The OP should change the Thread Title to "Found Time Capsules" so we can all list the ones we find.
    B)
    Good idea! Thread title updated to be more all-encompassing.
  • AsmodanAsmodan Germany Join Date: 2018-01-24 Member: 235649Members
    I'm understanding this right, you can now find Items left by Players who finished the Game? The Idea is nice, but for me this is immersion and maybe game breaking, depending on the items you get. I don't want this in my Game and an option to disable this would be very nice.
    edited January 2018
    Asmodan wrote: »
    I'm understanding this right, you can now find Items left by Players who finished the Game? The Idea is nice, but for me this is immersion and maybe game breaking, depending on the items you get. I don't want this in my Game and an option to disable this would be very nice.

There's a much simpler way to solve your problem than having the Dev's add more coding...

Swim On By.
    Don't Pick Them Up.
    Totally Ignore Them.

B)
  • JimboJamboJimboJambo Join Date: 2018-01-25 Member: 235708Members

I don't think it's that game-breaking. Something like six ion power cells would be powerful, for sure, but it's not like you can give somebody a whole cyclops, nor any sort of blueprint that would allow them to skip sequence. I can understand how one might find it immersion-breaking, however.
  • VincentNZVincentNZ Germany Join Date: 2016-05-31 Member: 217829Members

The things you can get need to fit in a 2x3 box, so that means a maximum of 6 items and then you will also have to finde it in the world. I found my first one in the blood kelp, when I was looking for the Lost River, I can not recall, what was in there, but surely nothing spectacular that I can recall. What I got was a picture of a Sea Dragon and a pun about video games you know, how they "drag on". It was funny and personally I like to see what others leave behind for me.

I hope my time capsule that I just finished will be found by a guy sometime that looks at it and reads it. This is a kind of player interaction I absolutely love.