[Experimental] No more water clipping thru bases built at sea level !!

RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
At final long last, this accursed bug making water clip thru our bases that were built at sea level has been vanquished! Can you guys believe its been almost 3 years now that building bases was introduced in the game, how time flies by fast! This bug seems to have been fixed as of build 59503 in the Experimental branch. For those who have not seen this fix in all its glory, heres a screeny i took earlier:

pqrscnxtig8o.jpg

4upu32t3g725.jpg

Im a bit amazed at the fact we had to wait almost 3 years, which is about 10 days before official Launch, to get a fix for this .... but at least we have a nice surprise for launch! :wink:

Comments

• SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    edited January 2018
    Wow. It actually looks really nice, too.

Hurts my brain to even think about how you'd go about fixing an issue like that. :/
  • ScienceNeko3ScienceNeko3 The Netherlands Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219689Members
    Don’t want to be the party pooper, but there is still some left. When you build a vertical pipe that goes from above to below water, build stairs in it and look into the pipe. Water!! :open_mouth:
  • adel_50adel_50 Join Date: 2016-09-01 Member: 221973Members
    Don’t want to be the party pooper, but there is still some left. When you build a vertical pipe that goes from above to below water, build stairs in it and look into the pipe. Water!! :open_mouth:

nope i saw it fixed in the checkins
  • ScienceNeko3ScienceNeko3 The Netherlands Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219689Members
    adel_50 wrote: »

Ah, cool. But is that live yet? On experimental or standard branch? Or is it just mentioned so far on a trello card?

• Calarand77Calarand77 lurking in general forums Join Date: 2016-01-22 Member: 211786Members
    Oh my gosh. They did it! Kudos.

Now I feel thoroughly compensated for losing the ability to build bases into the ground.
  • BDelacroixBDelacroix Florida Join Date: 2016-04-08 Member: 215511Members
    To be fair, if it was a fairly simple thing one might put it off until near the end.
  • adel_50adel_50 Join Date: 2016-09-01 Member: 221973Members
    adel_50 wrote: »

Ah, cool. But is that live yet? On experimental or standard branch? Or is it just mentioned so far on a trello card?

Its still in experimental version but will come out on 1.0 launch
  • TIEbomber1967TIEbomber1967 California Join Date: 2015-09-23 Member: 208109Members
    That does look very nice. Very nice indeed.
    I hate to ask, but... do we still have the other visual bug where you can see into your base while you're standing in the Cyclops?
  • Hulkie2345Hulkie2345 New York Join Date: 2017-08-23 Member: 232598Members
    Wow. It actually looks really nice, too.

Hurts my brain to even think about how you'd go about fixing an issue like that. :/

Basically when a part of your ship or base intersects the water. It projects a blank area around, that cuts a hole out. Than a fake water edge is placed around the objects shape, to merge the sea and the objects water. You can see the two different water types, when the Cyclopes window is above water. It has more lines and doesn't quite match up to the sea.
  • NuclearTestingNuclearTesting Join Date: 2017-07-27 Member: 232082Members
    It's not perfect, but anybody who's owned the game for 2 1/2 years (me) is happy that this finally gets a fix.
  • JarinJarin Los Angeles Join Date: 2013-12-16 Member: 190184Members
    Awesome! Now I just need a slanted base tube so I can go up/down without ladders and my base wishlist will be nearly complete!
  • HaliosHalios Oz Join Date: 2015-11-27 Member: 209514Members