NS2 audio doesn't seem to work with my bluetooth headset?

aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
I recently bought some bluetooth headphones with a built in-mic off amazon, along with a USB bluetooth transmitter for my PC. Here's the problem I'm having:

Under Win10 playback devices, it shows "E7 Stereo" and "E7 Hands-Free". This is a bit odd because the hands-free is for the mic. I disabled this under playback so i only use E7 stereo.
Under Win10 recording devices, it shows "E7 Hands-Free" for the built in mic. Oddly, it only lets me listen to it when I have the output device as "E7 Hands-Free".

So with E7 Hands-Free disabled as playback device (along with all other potential playback devices), I successfully get sound as expected in NS2. However, it receives nothing from my built-in mic. When I go back into Win10 playback devices and re-enable "E7 Hands-Free", then my mic works great in NS2 where you look at the volume bar in the audio settings, but I have no sound whatsoever even with E7 stereo selected as output.

Any ideas? This is probably a bit of an odd problem, but it's been nice to get away from cords and ideally I'd like to use my mic on the headset if possible.

Here's the amazon link if anybodies interested: http://a.co/g1WCID9

Comments

• G_LockG_Lock Playtester_ FL Join Date: 2013-04-03 Member: 184624Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    You have to set the E7 stereo as the default device, and E7 hands free to default communication device.