Can you finish the game in the latest patch?

SilveressaSilveressa USA Join Date: 2015-03-18 Member: 202279Members
Just asking here to see if they've added in the game's ending and final bits in the latest patch, or if we'll need to wait for 1.0 to play the "entire" game?

Comments

• WiirlakWiirlak Blaton Join Date: 2017-05-26 Member: 230772Members
    1.0 to be able to complete the story
  • SilveressaSilveressa USA Join Date: 2015-03-18 Member: 202279Members
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    There will be no rocket until the 1.0 release, so no.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Don't worry, you will be able to launch on launch...
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »

muahahaha. that bad pun made me smile! you never seem to miss one uh? :wink:
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Rainstorm wrote: »

muahahaha. that bad pun made me smile! you never seem to miss one uh? :wink:

Well sometimes it's like shooting fish in barrel, this was more like dropping a nuke on a defenseless fish in the desert...
  • william1134william1134 Join Date: 2017-01-09 Member: 226439Members
    When the game is launched I am going to start from scratch and experience everything fresh.
  • gamer1000kgamer1000k Join Date: 2017-04-29 Member: 230121Members
    When the game is launched I am going to start from scratch and experience everything fresh.

Me too. There's a lot of balance work that is being done that should (hopefully) make the earlier parts of the game much more enjoyable. Like with most things, it's about enjoying the experience and not just rushing through to the end.

Creating a save right at the end with a huge pile of materials so you can build the rocket right away and finish the game seems counterproductive to this. That said, I can see that tactic being useful for a youtuber who wants to have a video of the ending up ASAP after the game launches. But then they had better go back and start a new game and play through it properly ;) .
  • LonnehartLonnehart Guam Join Date: 2016-06-20 Member: 218816Members
    I have this odd feeling that our save files will disappear when the rocket update lands on us...
    edited December 2017
    Lonnehart wrote: »
    I have this odd feeling that our save files will disappear when the rocket update lands on us...

I have this elevated feeling
    @Rainstorm I'm sorry for this pun
    Or am I?
  • JackeJacke Calgary Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229061Members

Or am I?

Lots of stages there....
  • SilveressaSilveressa USA Join Date: 2015-03-18 Member: 202279Members
    Shouldn't that be "when the update launches?" ;)
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited December 2017

Or am I?

You always wear that mask and I only see your lips...
    And there's no tenderness when you type with your fingertips.
    You're trying hard not to show it, Kouji...
    But Kouji..., Kouji I know it...

"You lost that elevated feelin'
    Whoa, that elevated feelin'
    You lost that elevated feelin'
    Now it's gone, gone, gone, woh-oh-ooooo..."

(think of The Righteous Brothers)

B)