ns2_forge

2»

Comments

• WoehlerWoehler Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188684Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    One thing I forgot earlier was my issues with the middle techpoint. Reusing stuff is nice and all. And the room does look nice. But it does not make for good game play because of the limited floor. My suggestion would be to remove the railing and expand the grid floor to the whole room.
    That would at least be a good place to start in my opinion.
    Looking forward to the next release :)
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    edited February 2015
    DDB68D3EC5C7FE8CE218973DCD59331A63420C3B

changelog 005

. the map now has 10 total res nodes
    . many rooms moved around. including cargo, radimax and overwatch.
    . overwatch is now a res node.
    . maintenance has been removed.
    . under rails in transit now inaccessible
    . new catwalk in the centre of forge.
    . forge has been extended with a new north west entrance
    . new corridor linking up repair and dispatch on the east side.
    . new vent leading to crusher from ai.
    . both radimax and servicing have been redesigned.
    , improved ai pathing.
    . fixed players being able to escape the ready room

update..

. fixed overlay issue
    . fixed occlusion issue
  • WoehlerWoehler Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188684Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    I've always thought there was forced spawn on this map. But when I went to check out the new version the spawns was not as I expected.
    Anyhow. I like the new changes to the upper right corner of the map. But still wish that my previous wish about transit would be met.
    As of now you have 2 RT's placed between 2 TP's. Overwatch and transit. This is unbalanced compared to the rest of the map that 'only' have 1 RT between TP's as it's common in NS2.
    Apart from that I realized what I hate most about this map. The narrow hallways!! your initial statement is that this map is supposed to be a big map for 20+ servers. Yet almost all of these hallways are smaller than on an average map. And in general feel like an uncomfortable maze which you have to memorize while fighting at a speed of 14+ if you are a fade! If you are going to make a map meant to a large population of players. Then it also make sense to make it larger. And in some cases you have done that. But with hallways smaller than average and more people than regular ns2. Then it makes for horrible game play as you can literally have 3 marines body blocking a whole hallways. While aliens have problems fitting there big rush through the openings to the TP's. Especially with a big horde of oni!

Not that you should take this personal. Not trying to upset you. It's nice to see more maps. :)
    If you want to make the map good. Then I think you need to take a couple of steps back and think about what makes good game play instead of trying to patch it over and over again...

Anyway. I got stuck in the vent hole radiamax as fade. Also, the prop in front of the vent in AI is too small for a fade to get through(Unless you go sideways).
    i plan to link transit to wasteflow
    i plan to link transit to wasteflow
    Looking forward to it then.
    Attached is what I think is the biggest changes that should be done to the map. In general I would like to see bigger and more simple hallways. Simple as in the way you run and how many corners there are. The map is beyond anything else made to be played. And thus the focus should be game play.
    I like the extra catwalk in forge. But would like to see the whole room to either have a glass or grate flooring. Annoying place to fight when one wrong jump means suicide.

ns2_forge is a large 4 tech map designed for 20+ population servers. the map was built using a combination of UWE and Custom assets. The map itself has a unique layout.]

Just played this map again. And my biggest complain about it is the size. You want it to be a map for big servers. So you of course made long run distance. But what really annoys me is the hallways and doorways. As they are much smaller than any official map. The only map that come close is Kodiak. Which have failed to gain much popularity. If someone would want to make a large map. Then it would make sense to make it large by expanding everything. Because now we have small, tiny hallways and doorways. Which in itself is difficult to fight in. But even the rooms are difficult to fight in. And in some places there isn't even enough room to go behind the extractor when biting it.
    An ideal map for a big player count should also have room for the increased players. In the same room. A tech point need to be big enough for a whole team to be in along with the enemy team in case marines beacon.
    When I play it now I feel that the map is smaller than Summit. Though I have to run as far as I have to on Descent.
    edited December 2015
    changelog 006

.added a vent from waste processing to transit
    .added a vent from transit to overwatch
    .more detailing work in radimax
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    changelog 006

.added a vent from waste processing to transit
    .added a vent from transit to overwatch
    .more detailing work in radimax

IT LIVES!!! :D
    changelog 007

.added a new pipe in crusher that should provide aliens with more cover
    .added crates in and around flow tech to provide more cover for aliens when being sieged
    changelog 008

. Bypass is now fully mapped and finished.
    . Radimax is fully mapped and finished.
    . New vent from Crusher to Radimax
    . New vent from AI to Waste Disposal
    . New room in Overwatch
    . Many new props and cover throughout the map for Aliens
    . Some ceilings were elevated and or given more hiding places for skulks.

• KasharicKasharic Hull, England Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184473Members, Forum Admins, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    Holy crap, Forge is back? :open_mouth:

I'm looking forward to sunday to see the changes!