Game doesn't start (tried Everything already)

guille787guille787 Argentina Join Date: 2017-11-06 Member: 233870Members
Hi!

I have the common steam error in wich the game doesnt start after clicking the "play" button. No error messages. No black screen. No nothing.

I have repaired/reinstalled all the C++ redist things. Tried the set start mode to /windowed. Deactivated the steam sync feat. Reinstalled the game several times. Checked files integrity.

I don't know what else to do, so i'm hoping that one with the skills i don'd have will see the techsupport file attached to this post and find the answer to my specific and frustrating problem.

Thanks in advance to that misterious hero!

Comments

• meterumeteru there Join Date: 2016-09-10 Member: 222203Members
    In your dxdiag.txt are errors listed regarding driver and other software.

This one is listed first as problematic in dxdiag:
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/55005/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-

Then next is GLVanHelsing_x86.exe .. Seems to be a game, it should be listed here - unless u might have started that game before? Maybe a clean reboot is required? This one is puzzling me.

And lastly one more msg about WindowsWcpOtherFailure3 .. which I couldnt find useful info.
    Well u should start by installing the correct Inte-Rapid-Storage.. driver. Reboot and see if it helps.

Lastly if you have antivirus software AVG - uninstall and find something else to protect your windows. Most likely windows defender is the best choice.

Well hope this helps, as I don't know - the reasons can be many.
  • guille787guille787 Argentina Join Date: 2017-11-06 Member: 233870Members
    Thanks meteru!

I'm trying to follow your suggestions to fix the problem, but so far it doesn't appear to be enough.
    First i downloaded the drivers from the intel web, but with latest versions it says that the software was not compatible with my system...so i went back to older versions until i found one compatible... try NS2 again and nothing happened. The Van Helsing is a game that i installed recently and had similar issues (only difference is that in the game folder i can start the game by accesing the x86.exe icon, outside steam this is). In forums of the Van Helsing game there were people complaining about crashes and bugs with the game...i will try uninstalling that game and see what happens.

Thanks again for the feedback!

PS: i have AVAST
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Have you tried disabling AVAST, or adding ns2 to its excluded programs list?
    Yes, did both and nothing changed. Seems that AVAST is not the problem.
  • McGlaspieMcGlaspie www.team156.com Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73044Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester
    I looked over your tech_support dump and didn't see any obvious problems. So, I'm reasonably positive it's not an issue with fetching the files from Steam or your installation.

If you have __any__ kind of Overlays enabled (Razor, Nvperf, etc) be sure they're disabled. We've had a number of people have problems trying to use those with NS2 since we updated to x64 binaries.
    Hi McGlaspie, i think i don't have any Overlays.
  • needmedicneedmedic Russia Join Date: 2017-11-17 Member: 234016Members
    Same problem here,when i press play game - nothing happens.PLEASE HALP!!!!!111111
  • McGlaspieMcGlaspie www.team156.com Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73044Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester
    edited November 2017
    Please try going into your NS2 installation folder, and open the "_CommonRedist/vcredist/2013" folder, make sure that both the folder's setup files are run. These are external dependencies that NS2 requires. The most important one is to run the vcredist_x64.exe file, but run them both (x86 & x64) for good measure. If you _can_ run the binary directly (located in the "x64" folder), then you most definitely need the vcredist_x86.exe installed. Steam calls a launcher which is a 32bit program, and said launcher the runs the client. This launcher is a byproduct of when we had both 32 and 64bit support, but we only support 64bit operating systems now.

@needmedic Your tech_support zip didn't include any dxdiag data, so I suspect the DirectX 2010 library isn't quite installed correctly.
    Be sure and run the DXSETUP.exe found in the "_CommonRedist/DirectX/2010" folder

Also, be sure there are no command arguments added via Steam properties (see image), accessed by right clicking on Natural Selection 2 in your Steam Library:
    xRzjXcJ.png
  • needmedicneedmedic Russia Join Date: 2017-11-17 Member: 234016Members
    I have fixed my problem. 1. In Windows press "Start" button, type "cmd" without "" , right click - run from administrator . In cmd type this - "sfc /scannow" again without "" and press Enter.System will check your system for errors ,it will take some minutes. 2. Delete your videodrivers (i deleted videoadapter from "device manager" maybe it's better) and reinstall fresh with "clean install" . 3. Reinstall "Direct X" from Natural Selection 2 folder (CommonRedist) . 4. Reinstall game . 5. Play!
  • M0ZzZgGM0ZzZgG Join Date: 2017-11-09 Member: 233913Members
  • ChicoDaRaveChicoDaRave Join Date: 2017-11-26 Member: 234123Members
    I have done eveything I found over internet (except for re-downloading) but nothing solves.
    Soon as execute it shows a error message, in details shows "c000001d"
    Win7 x64 Clean install (Just AV, browser, Steam and Steam games).
    Onboard video.

I run Defiance in this PC with no problems.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Onboard video.

Sorry @ChicoDaRave , but unfortunately we do not support non-dedicated GPU setups. :(