How come I still have the rookie tag in-game?

ActionBastrd461ActionBastrd461 Florida Join Date: 2015-06-19 Member: 205593Members
Hi, just pretty confused as to why I’ve never been able to lose my rookie tag. I have over 30hours played and I’m level 10. Not really sure where to post this, hope here is okay.

Comments

• McGlaspieMcGlaspie www.team156.com Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73044Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester
    In order for the Rookie flag to be removed, you have to reach level 25. While this can seem too high, keep in mind NS2 is highly skill-focused and very difficult to learn all the details. Also, a few updates ago, we removed the restriction of only being able to play on Rookie-Only servers. Also, pretty much all time played on just about any server will contribute to your Hive Level. Only ranked servers will contribute to your Hive Skill. "Level" is an abstract indication of how long you've played and your familiarity of all the game's details. "Skill" is indicative of how likely you are to increase a team's probability of winning a round (i.e. How good you are at the game).
    Just keep in mind, the veterans of NS2 are extremely good (i.e. over 2000 hours played).
    So be ready for a real shock when venturing out of Rookie-Only servers. So the difficulty will ramp up significantly if you're first leaving Rookie-Only territory.