Fast clicking a server makes the info panel go to back

rkfgrkfg Russia Join Date: 2013-09-03 Member: 187744Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
cabtwbp3mors.jpg

Click a server (left or right mouse button) so that the panel pops up, quickly click the same server in the list again. Chances are, the panel would appear "behind" the server list and be unclickable. It's been like that for a while but no one seemingly reported it so here I am.

Comments

• FoxyFoxy United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-08-19 Member: 198032Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    This is a long-standing issue which as I understand, is not easy to fix :(
  • rkfgrkfg Russia Join Date: 2013-09-03 Member: 187744Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    I don't quite understand why it is hard to fix. If you click another server the popup disappears and reappears with that server info, the bug doesn't happen. It just should do the same if you click the selected server. I'd prefer the popup always "blink" on selection than the current behavior when I have to go back to be able to close it.
  • McGlaspieMcGlaspie www.team156.com Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73044Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester
    There is a really good chance this will get resolved soon. A little too soon to say aside from that right now. We are most certainly aware of that annoying bug though.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Oh yea it's getting fixed soon. Just stay tuned. We got something special cooking. :)
  • HandschuhHandschuh Join Date: 2005-03-08 Member: 44338Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Community Developer
    @BeigeAlert do you also fix the Issue that Sorting the servers makes them change the order every time?

Everytime I use the server Browser I get annoyed, and as a programmer it is a really simple issue to fix.
    It is happening because everytime one server get's added it uses the "Order by" Function, for example Player again, and if there are 3 Server with 22/22 then they will constantly change it's order... you just need to give them an ID with which it get's sorted or something... really, it's annoying ..

This issue exists since I started playing ns2 - which is around summer 2016... and you fiddled quite a bit on the serverbrowser since then...
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Handschuh wrote: »
    @BeigeAlert do you also fix the Issue that Sorting the servers makes them change the order every time?

Everytime I use the server Browser I get annoyed, and as a programmer it is a really simple issue to fix.
    It is happening because everytime one server get's added it uses the "Order by" Function, for example Player again, and if there are 3 Server with 22/22 then they will constantly change it's order... you just need to give them an ID with which it get's sorted or something... really, it's annoying ..

This issue exists since I started playing ns2 - which is around summer 2016... and you fiddled quite a bit on the serverbrowser since then...

Or just use a stable sorting algorithm. ;) Either way, server browser is getting a rewrite, so I'll be sure to keep this in mind.
  • Deck_Deck_ Join Date: 2014-07-20 Member: 197526Members
    Server browser changes? Heck yes.
  • HandschuhHandschuh Join Date: 2005-03-08 Member: 44338Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Community Developer
    Maybe it should cache the serverlist so it doesn't take ages in order to load the entire serverlist, if you close the menu and then search again... during a game
  • rkfgrkfg Russia Join Date: 2013-09-03 Member: 187744Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Steam server browser does that, it has the "Quick refresh" button that only updates the server info without reloading the list. Pretty handy if you already have your favorites populated.
    But when I close the menu during a game, and I open the serverbrowser - I cannot "Quick refresh" - what I've seen before?

Ofc populating favorites is nice, but I dont think a lot of ppl did that... this is about usability... and maybe player retention as well
    But when I close the menu during a game, and I open the serverbrowser - I cannot "Quick refresh" - what I've seen before?

Ofc populating favorites is nice, but I dont think a lot of ppl did that... this is about usability... and maybe player retention as well