Cyclops Broken After Loading Save

TheBloxxerDudeTheBloxxerDude Somewhere in the USA Join Date: 2016-12-19 Member: 225209Members
Yesterday, I hopped back on Subnautica after the Cuddlefish update was released. I went into my Survival world and got into my Cyclops. It was at full health and no damage was done. After a few minutes of driving (and I didn't hit a single thing), the sub suddenly was at zero health, and a fire broke out somewhere within. I was not ready to start building a new Cyclops, especially when my first one didn't even explode. It just sat there and wouldn't work, whatsoever. So I quit without saving and reloaded the game. I tried again, and the exact same thing happened... I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else, and If it will be fixed (If it is very important, my save has existed since before the first 2-in-1 update for Xbox).

Comments

• elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    Yesterday, I hopped back on Subnautica after the Cuddlefish update was released. I went into my Survival world and got into my Cyclops. It was at full health and no damage was done. After a few minutes of driving (and I didn't hit a single thing), the sub suddenly was at zero health, and a fire broke out somewhere within. I was not ready to start building a new Cyclops, especially when my first one didn't even explode. It just sat there and wouldn't work, whatsoever. So I quit without saving and reloaded the game. I tried again, and the exact same thing happened... I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else, and If it will be fixed (If it is very important, my save has existed since before the first 2-in-1 update for Xbox).

Yikes, that sounds super frustrating. It's possible that your old save is incompatible with something in the Cuddlefish update and that's why your Cyclops is bugging out. I know it's a pain, but I'm sure that starting a new game would get you a Cyclops that's guaranteed to work for the foreseeable future.
  • obsidian_eclipseobsidian_eclipse uk Join Date: 2017-05-04 Member: 230239Members
    edited October 2017
    Or.. Let your old cyclops die.

Then hold down left bumper, right bumper and A. This will bring up the command console (on the console lol). use the xbox on screen keyboard to type "sub cyclops" (without the quotation marks), hit enter and a brand spanking new cyclops will spawn in.

If the new cyclops has the same issue then it's an issue with that save unfortunately.
  • obsidian_eclipseobsidian_eclipse uk Join Date: 2017-05-04 Member: 230239Members
    Just remember to bring your old power efficiency modules etc otherwise you'll have to spawn it in by typing "item powerupgrademodule"
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    Side-note: USB keyboards work with the XB1. I have an old one I leave plugged into it for cases like this. Very handy.