Sunbeam

ForgererForgerer Join Date: 2016-10-31 Member: 223544Members
Did they take the Sunbeam out? I started a new game and been playing for hours, but I haven't heard a peep out Avery.

Comments

• SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Have you welded the Communications relay in the Lifepod?
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    edited October 2017
    I'm having the same issue. I heard the first Sunbeam message on Day 5 but am now on day 25 and haven't heard the second message yet.

[54865]
  • londonsmartlondonsmart anderson south carolina Join Date: 2017-05-26 Member: 230782Members
    I don't know I mostly play creative but I still get all the messages
  • MochifiendMochifiend Join Date: 2017-08-20 Member: 232511Members
    I am also having issues with Sunbeam event. I received the first message around day 4-5, now at day 30 and nothing. Have moved along on other things, even have code to captain's room (not working, BTW). But no Sunbeam event.
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    I've been seeing this for about a week now, across multiple builds in Experimental. There are other story elements missing, too, like getting the nav marker for the alien thermal plant. Those are the ones I've noticed.
  • ForgererForgerer Join Date: 2016-10-31 Member: 223544Members
    Yeah I did get the first message. Then I got the Alien message about victims seemed a little early for that.
  • Hulkie2345Hulkie2345 New York Join Date: 2017-08-23 Member: 232598Members
    Yes. I haven't gotten the second Sunbeam message in Experimental. First one went fine. But ghost town now.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    It is still in game. It is just random when it comes. Basically, good luck
  • AkuMasterofMastersAkuMasterofMasters Join Date: 2017-09-10 Member: 232934Members
    I haven't yet experienced this (mostly cause I'm past this story point on my save), but I'm guessing its bugged or something, and they'll probably make the messages come faster
  • ssutcliffessutcliffe United States Join Date: 2016-11-01 Member: 223565Members
    I got all the way to curing myself without the Sunbeam event happening. Now the gun complex is disabled. The signal for the Thermal plant also does seem to be gone, which isn't a good thing, since if you don't already know it's there, you'd likely never find it.
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    I suspect they may have some story elements turned off right now. Maybe something about testing functionality that some parts of the story progression would mess with.

I have no idea, actually. I'm just speculating. c.c
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    elfcrisis wrote: »
    I suspect they may have some story elements turned off right now. Maybe something about testing functionality that some parts of the story progression would mess with.

I have no idea, actually. I'm just speculating. c.c

LOL.

Well, given how many dozens of times I've seen it, I'm not really missing it all that much. :)

• RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    Someone said in another thread that some messages and such were adjusted/cut because they were "too morbid" or something (They were hardly that, especially compared to the whole Carar thing and etc) so maybe they're rewriting the Sunbeam events - again - to avoid that whole morbid thing since seeing a ship get shot down into pieces would be horrifying or something.
  • ForgererForgerer Join Date: 2016-10-31 Member: 223544Members
    Well they could have had blood, guts splashing into the water after the ship was shot down that would've been morbid. Instead they literally obliterated the ship leaving on traces of anything that is okay.
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    edited October 2017
    Forgerer wrote: »
    Well they could have had blood, guts splashing into the water after the ship was shot down

Not really, considering it's a small ship that took a direct hit at close range from a superweapon that brought down a giant massive starship many times its size and at a greater distance. It's amazing there's an explosion at all when the Sunbeam gets hit.
    Forgerer wrote: »
    Instead they literally obliterated the ship leaving on traces of anything that is okay.

Your PDA congratulating you for not dying in a starship crash was apparrently not okay though :/
  • manslewmanslew Join Date: 2017-10-23 Member: 233687Members
    The story, along with the sunbeam, is completely bugged out. This is an issue that im reading about multiple people having. Everyone hears the initial sunbeam message, they hear a few lifepod radio messages, and then it just dies. My radio completely stopped working when I received the lifepod 7 message. I knew something was wrong when the ping wouldn't register on my map.

I can not receive anymore radio messages. I have left a bug report in game, and Have read multiple threads on reddit, steam, and here about the issue. the devs NEED to see this as this has effectively broken thier game. Im really damned bummed out. I just bought this and put my whole weekend into the game, only to find out that I cant even progress the story any longer.