Low-Key Update 79 Release - Subnautica

2»

Comments

• SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    For the most part the tweaks I've seen don't bother me, but I think some of the recipes got a bit TOO simplified.

Example - no longer needing enameled glass for an observatory, or no longer needing computer chips for a scanner room, etc.

I get that the recipes include some of the raw materials you would have used to make those things, but I liked the old way better. I think the approach taken with the cyclops (same resource types but in smaller numbers) would be a better approach.
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    edited October 2017
    elfcrisis wrote: »
    Re: Magnetite: I answered this in another thread, but I'll post it here in case people aren't reading both of these.

Jellyshroom caves, mostly, but the Sparse Reef has a fair amount and there are parts that are shallow enough to reach with a Seamoth equipped with the basic pressure compensator. It does show up on the western side of Gun Island, but it's not terribly common.

I took my Seamoth down to the 'Shroom cave with *NO* pressure compensator at all. I carefully maneuvered down and then up again to move around close to the 200m depth max and then left it on the ceiling. Equipped with the Rebreather, I was able to swim down to the floor to look for Magnetite and then swim back up to my Seamoth on the ceiling for air. I ended up with 3 pieces of Magnetite before I left.

Thanks for the tip, @elfcrisis!

Edit: Decided to stay a bit longer. Ended up with 7 Magnetite, 4 diamonds, 4 lithium, 4 gold all total.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Sidchicken wrote: »
    I get that the recipes include some of the raw materials you would have used to make those things, but I liked the old way better.

Personally, I can't agree with that.

Getting the ingredients for everything previously meant, flicking between the ingredients of the item you wanted, then flicking to the ingredients required to make the ingredients, then the ingredients needed to make those igredients, it was just a nightmare, this way, you know exactly the ingredients you need to build the item you want, much simpler, and a good design decision from an accessibility point.

Plus who wants to spend all day in front of a fabricator playing inventory shuffle to build the ingredients, for the ingredients of the ingredients that make the ingredients of what you need?

I'd rather be in the ocean..
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    edited October 2017
    Soul_Rider wrote: »

Getting the ingredients for everything previously meant, flicking between the ingredients of the item you wanted, then flicking to the ingredients required to make the ingredients, then the ingredients needed to make those igredients, it was just a nightmare, this way, you know exactly the ingredients you need to build the item you want, much simpler, and a good design decision from an accessibility point.

Plus who wants to spend all day in front of a fabricator playing inventory shuffle to build the ingredients, for the ingredients of the ingredients that make the ingredients of what you need?

We're talking about one additional step in most cases (make a wiring kit instead of just use two silver, for example). If the components required are the components required, then why would you need to shuffle anything around in your inventory?

It's not like these recipes make 100% sense anyway. (A wiring kit that doesn't make use of copper? The radio is now made solely of titanium-- no electronics at all?)

Ideally, we'd have a choice between crafting things the way you prefer to and the way things used to be, I guess...
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    Sidchicken wrote: »
    I get that the recipes include some of the raw materials you would have used to make those things, but I liked the old way better.

If they're gonna let you build everything from the base ingredients, why even have the advanced ingredients?

I support reducing the grind - remember when you needed 10 plasteel to upgrade your cyclops depth? Farming 25 wreckage chunks, and reducing it all into plasteel ingots WAS a chore. Making a few computer chips and glass to build a room just isn't.
  • Hulkie2345Hulkie2345 New York Join Date: 2017-08-23 Member: 232598Members
    edited October 2017
    The best of both worlds would be if the Fab could auto detect the raw items in your inventory. Enable the the final item in the fab. Auto crafting everything in between would be the the ideal system. Even just a few things. Like if I had to make platsteel. It detect I have 30 titanium. It just does all 3 ingots in one shot.
  • cutefishleviathancutefishleviathan United States Join Date: 2017-07-22 Member: 231975Members
    I don't know if anyone else has experienced this glitch on xbox one but this is what happened. I had everything.. and I was ready to meet the SEA EMPEROR. Just as I entered the primary containment facility the game bugged out and brought me to the xbox home screen with a message informing me that the game has stopped working. Problem is, it is still doing it, but only for that save. If any developers are reading this I couldn't report it at the time because I had no internet but I will next time. P.S. Sorry for the horrible punctuation. :D
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    I don't know if anyone else has experienced this glitch on xbox one but this is what happened. I had everything.. and I was ready to meet the SEA EMPEROR. Just as I entered the primary containment facility the game bugged out and brought me to the xbox home screen with a message informing me that the game has stopped working. Problem is, it is still doing it, but only for that save. If any developers are reading this I couldn't report it at the time because I had no internet but I will next time. P.S. Sorry for the horrible punctuation. :D

There's an Xbox subsection of these forums you'd most likely be better off posting this in. Please see the guidelines for doing so there.
  • qeric99qeric99 Join Date: 2016-06-30 Member: 219354Members
    Love that you're keeping us updated with in depth descriptions of changes such as "finished base stuff" and "Fix". But in all seriousness, keep it up guys! Can't wait till the game is in its final form.
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    Just a week or two ago, I would have said there was no way they could make a solid 1.0 release by Oct 31st due to some rather severe performance issues. But this latest update shows they are making insanely huge strides in improving performance. A couple of weeks ago, about every 10-15 minutes, it seemed the FPS would drop to zero for a while and then pick back up again. But six hours into this latest build, I don't even know if I've seen a hiccup like that. The graphics look awesome. The performance is improving. They are knocking out bugs left and right. All in all, I'm pretty impressed.