Cool Stories Discussion!

Funsauce32Funsauce32 Canada Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218339Members
I have returned to subnautica after many months and i regret ever leaving! when i returned i remember the old days and all the coolest stuff that has ever happened to me. so, out of interest and curiosity i would like to share and hear everyone's cool and awesome stories! as well as share some of mine.

The ultimate coincidence: So once upon a time i was looking for materials to make a welder and after about five minutes it was a success. it was just about the middle of the day and i went to go fabricate the welder and fix my lifepod. so i fabricate it and fix my lifepod. as soon as it is fixed i get the message saying that the aurora is about to explode. i go on top of my lifepod for a better view and i notice that an eclipse has begun! just when the eclipse fully covered the sun the aurora exploded! it was incredible! but sadly i was too amazed to take a screenshot.

It was just a little story but i really want to here all of yours! :)

Comments

• RecursionRecursion The cosmos Join Date: 2017-07-01 Member: 231505Members
    I was going to the Precursor lava castle base in my prawn suit, and when I was in the lost river, my prawn just fell through the ground. So, I was just preparing to quit, when my prawn suit alighted in the Lava zone! Then I just carried on my journey. When I got to the lava castle, however those pesky seadragons came, but I grappled on to one of them, and then the seadragon, instead of going quite near the entrance and allowing me to hop off, He actually took me straight into the lava castle through the walls! So, It was a day of bugs, not all of them bad.
  • AkuMasterofMastersAkuMasterofMasters Join Date: 2017-09-10 Member: 232934Members
    One time, I was about to enter the lava castle with my PRAWN (which I called BOB, Bot of Bashing). I started making my way through the tunnels in the lava castle and a lava lizard got underneath me, it picked me up and pinned me to the wall, I couldn't move, Then...I flew straight through the wall and broke the surface in a couple seconds, eventually landing at least a dozen kilometers from where I was, and landed in the void area. I obviously had to reload and lost some progress but it was still hilarious. If I had recorded it, 3 words. SHOOTING. STARS. MEME.
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    Back at Bones patch I had bugged while leaving the cyclops. My char would ignore water and just walk on the bottom, if I left the sub from height there was falling damage and all.
    Also while bugged my char could breath underwater like it was on air.

So I did what any sensible player would. I went to the void and dropped down. Took a shower, had dinner, studied a while. Then I saved a screenshot, reported the bug and quit the game.
  • Funsauce32Funsauce32 Canada Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218339Members
    One time, I was about to enter the lava castle with my PRAWN (which I called BOB, Bot of Bashing). I started making my way through the tunnels in the lava castle and a lava lizard got underneath me, it picked me up and pinned me to the wall, I couldn't move, Then...I flew straight through the wall and broke the surface in a couple seconds, eventually landing at least a dozen kilometers from where I was, and landed in the void area. I obviously had to reload and lost some progress but it was still hilarious. If I had recorded it, 3 words. SHOOTING. STARS. MEME.

HaHa the bugs are crazy sometimes.
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    My most recent awesome/bizarre story has been watching Stalkers pluck the camera drones out of my scanner room and play with them. If I don't get them back by the time I re-load the game, they disappear. Slightly annoying but mostly hilarious.
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    Also, a while ago on XBox (pre-Silent Running), I equipped my Prawn with a torpedo arm loaded with gas torpedoes, then docked it in my Cyclops. Cue the Cyclops slowly lifting its bow out of the water and starting to spin in circles like some kind of slow-motion ballet. It never got perpendicular to the surface of the water but it did get close.

I couldn't get to the hatch to get back in and un-dock the Prawn! Well, I did get in once, then promptly fell to the back of the sub when it tilted up again. Not sure how I got back out, but I did.

My eventual solution was to take my other Cyclops (I had two for some reason) and use it to prop up the stern of the first one and wedge against a reef. Then I could get back inside and get the Prawn out. Once I did that, everything was fine.

Even though this was a long time ago, I haven't equipped a torpedo arm on a Prawn since.
  • AkuMasterofMastersAkuMasterofMasters Join Date: 2017-09-10 Member: 232934Members
    elfcrisis wrote: »
    Also, a while ago on XBox (pre-Silent Running), I equipped my Prawn with a torpedo arm loaded with gas torpedoes, then docked it in my Cyclops. Cue the Cyclops slowly lifting its bow out of the water and starting to spin in circles like some kind of slow-motion ballet. It never got perpendicular to the surface of the water but it did get close.

I couldn't get to the hatch to get back in and un-dock the Prawn! Well, I did get in once, then promptly fell to the back of the sub when it tilted up again. Not sure how I got back out, but I did.

My eventual solution was to take my other Cyclops (I had two for some reason) and use it to prop up the stern of the first one and wedge against a reef. Then I could get back inside and get the Prawn out. Once I did that, everything was fine.

Even though this was a long time ago, I haven't equipped a torpedo arm on a Prawn since.

The cyclops just wanted to follow its ballet dreams :)
  • leviathancainleviathancain lancaster Pa Join Date: 2017-08-20 Member: 232501Members
    Maalteromm wrote: »
    Back at Bones patch I had bugged while leaving the cyclops. My char would ignore water and just walk on the bottom, if I left the sub from height there was falling damage and all.
    Also while bugged my char could breath underwater like it was on air.

So I did what any sensible player would. I went to the void and dropped down. Took a shower, had dinner, studied a while. Then I saved a screenshot, reported the bug and quit the game.

Haa i have had similar bugs btw i named my prawn suit Scarlet Johanson so its always fun when i have to "get in" Scarlet
  • JackeJacke Calgary Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229061Members
    elfcrisis wrote: »
    My most recent awesome/bizarre story has been watching Stalkers pluck the camera drones out of my scanner room and play with them. If I don't get them back by the time I re-load the game, they disappear. Slightly annoying but mostly hilarious.

I've been having this happen in my latest game to the Scanner Room of my base under Lifepod 5. The cheap way to make replacement Drones is to remove any upgrades and deconstruct anything in the Scanner Room (I put my Modification Station there), then deconstruct and reconstruct the Scanner Room, as the new one will have both Drones.

Finally got tired of getting the Drones back from the Stalkers, so I took them out and put them in a locker inside the base.
  • Hulkie2345Hulkie2345 New York Join Date: 2017-08-23 Member: 232598Members
    That's what I basically did. I never really use them anyway. I did use them as the base marker though. So now I gotta make beacons again.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I once saw a Peeper peeping on me, I commended it for a job well done!
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    edited October 2017
    Ok, you may know how there was a bug that if you saved in the PRAWN, upon reloading, you'd be launched into the sky. I saved in the deep grand reef, went and got a glass of milk, came back, reloaded, and my prawn was basically a hyper destructive bouncing ball, smashing into things, flattening crabsquids, and basically going bezerk. .I shouldn't have gotten that glass of milk, because I started to laugh and I almost choked.
  • Funsauce32Funsauce32 Canada Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218339Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    I once saw a Peeper peeping on me, I commended it for a job well done!

Peeping Peepers Batman!
    edited October 2017
    I can NOT believe I managed to do this still. I was exploring in my PRAWN, and I accidentally fell into the void drop-off, and I grappled the wall, the problem was I was 300 meters down clinging to the wall. Good old buddy GL came and I grappled onto him and thrusted, I managed to grapple the wall higher, then I managed to cling to the wall, thrust, cling and refill, and repeat until I made it out. When you thrust after a grapple its slow and drains fast so it took a while
  • JackeJacke Calgary Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229061Members
    kingkuma wrote: »
    ...there was a bug that if you saved in the PRAWN, upon reloading, you'd be launched into the sky.
    I knew from experience that saving in the Seamoth would have you just outside of it on reload. But launched into the sky ?!? Wow!

I can NOT believe I managed to do this still. I was exploring in my PRAWN, and I accidentally fell into the void drop-off, and I grappled the wall, the problem was I was 300 meters down clinging to the wall. Good old buddy GL came and I grappled onto him and thrusted, I managed to grapple the wall higher, then I managed to cling to the wall, thrust, cling and refill, and repeat until I made it out. When you thrust after a grapple its slow and drains fast so it took a while
    That is so awesome, dude! Too bad you didn't get a video. 'Course, it would look best from 3rd-person at some distance. :)

edited October 2017
    That is so awesome, dude! Too bad you didn't get a video. 'Course, it would look best from 3rd-person at some distance. :)

I don't even have any recording software, but that WOULD be awesome to see in third person