List of small yet handy suggestions

riptide22riptide22 Join Date: 2017-01-06 Member: 226209Members
edited August 2017 in Ideas and Suggestions
This is just a list of ideas that I came up with that i believe would improve the game,
  • ADS (active defence system): A small taser turret or electrified net around your base to protect it from would be attackers (allows for bases in the more scenic, yet dangerous areas)
  • Biodome: attach this to your seabase for a room the size of a standard multipurpose room, but instead of walls and a roof it has a big glass dome (allows for a better "greenhouse" aesthetic than a standard observatory)
  • Camera Drone upgrades: Perhaps a portable scanner, temporary beacon dispenser, wildlife net, sonar capabilities or your usual health and battery life upgrades
  • Personal Teleporters: only 2 allowed per save, requires upwards of 500 power per use, on both sides. Allows for instant teleportation between seabases (i know that teleporters allready exist, but you cant move those and they also have very limited use)
  • Reinforced windows: windows that neither deplete or improve base hull rating
  • Hardcore suits: For hardcore difficulty. makes it so the player has to craft better diving suits for different water pressures. starter suit is 150m max. then every upgrade after increases max depth by 200m (specialty suits such as reinforced or still have specific diving depths, relative to which biome they are found in + 200m)
  • Net Cannon: Requires net canisters as ammunition (up to 5 canisters are able to be stacked into a single slot) This device allows for multiple fish to be caught at once (useful for new saves/pre-alien containment)
  • Painter: allows players to paint their bases with the RGB Sliders using a variety of painting tools (brush, roller, bucket, spraypaint and other textures) to create a more customizable feel

Comments

• LulzesLulzes Join Date: 2017-07-25 Member: 232050Members
    Some great ideas! Personal teleporters might be a bit OP though, maybe UW will let us play with precursor tech in an expansion? Camera drones definitely need upgrades, I like the idea of them being able to drop a mini-beacon, maybe one with a limited duration?
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    Lulzes wrote: »
    Some great ideas! Personal teleporters might be a bit OP though, maybe UW will let us play with precursor tech in an expansion? Camera drones definitely need upgrades, I like the idea of them being able to drop a mini-beacon, maybe one with a limited duration?

Teleporters are supposedly planned for after 1.0, but little details are given as to what they are going to do. They are likely going to be an extremely late game item for pure convince but it's possible they could be OP.
  • Timelord_FredTimelord_Fred Join Date: 2017-07-05 Member: 231596Members
    As said above, teleporters are set for post 1.0

Bases being attacked by Fuana is also planned, so defence is a logical extension. Nothing like a turrent, just a mostly invisible forcefeild or something.

Camera Drone upgrades would definitly give the scanner room more of a purpose. Great idea.

Reinforced windows would be great to. You could extend this to reinforced glass hallways as well. I also LOVE the biodome idea. It would be like a giant observatory room. It would be cool if we had an expanded aquarium to. One that took up an entire room.
  • SouthernGorillaSouthernGorilla United States Join Date: 2017-07-26 Member: 232057Members
    I don't even use observatories because I think the MP room with windows all around provides better views. Or a ring of glass corridors.

I don't see why we shouldn't be able to substitute enameled glass to add strength in any recipe that calls for glass. Isn't that why it's required for the observatory and the Cyclops?

I'd like to see the base building system improved. It's frustrating when I try to connect something to one section of a base only to be told I can't because it doesn't line up with another section of the base that I'm not even trying to connect to.
  • UltimateChargeUltimateCharge Join Date: 2017-09-25 Member: 233231Members
    Personal teleporters only for creative. Im sick of walking all the way from the Dunes to the Arctic.
  • Quiet_BlowfishQuiet_Blowfish Join Date: 2017-09-11 Member: 232955Members
    Some interesting ideas @riptide22:

Biodome
    Nice. It always seemed a little odd to me that I can grow stuff in the dark (not that it stops me). I'd prefer it if you had to have sunlight on your plants. Combine this with a low pressure rating for the Biodome and this would give shallows bases a unique feel.

Personal Teleporters
    Hmm.. this kind of tech can easily cut great chunks out of a sandbox game for a player (not that it stops me). Not sure a high power consumption would moderate its use, since power is a little too easy to come by, esp. after nukes. Maybe something like an instant draining of 6 power cells? (you can then just sit back and listen to forum roar)

Hardcore Suits
    I'm with you all the way on this one. We really need a better feeling of depth I reckon.
  • Hulkie2345Hulkie2345 New York Join Date: 2017-08-23 Member: 232598Members
    Personal teleporters only for creative. Im sick of walking all the way from the Dunes to the Arctic.

If you're in creative, just use the teleport cheat command. Teleporters would benefit normal game play.
  • PowerPistonsPowerPistons Neverland Join Date: 2017-08-07 Member: 232266Members
    I'm all for those camera drone upgrades, I had an idea for cyclops-mounted drones that could repair your ship and give creatures a little zap.
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    We should call them AUVs instead of drones.
    Drones are flying little buzzers (that's why they are called drones, because like drone bees they buzz).
    I think in the game they are called drones too, aren't they?
  • KostriktorKostriktor Switzerland Join Date: 2017-01-08 Member: 226342Members
    good ideas.
    underwater drones need rework, yes !
    teleporters would be really great. ppl crying about it beeing ohpi have no idea. in a game where you have no enemies, there isnt anything ohpi lol !
    hardcore windows leads into a big issue: lack of pressure and co2/blood. would be great if they could implement it, since it would be frekin easy to do so.
    yes its gona fuck all the little VR noobs, but it would bring plenty immersions to those who know whats going.
    the painter could work just like the vehicle colorization.