[BUG] Gamebreaking: Blueprints for mandatory items missing!

dangi12012dangi12012 Join Date: 2017-01-18 Member: 226915Members
Since the latest Update Fragments are mostly RNG based. I now have a save where there is literally only 1 modification station fragments in the whole game (I teleported to every wreck after 6h of searching). I also checked the ocean floor. I cannot finish the game because I can never go deeper than 900m. RNG base is good if you can garuantee that the items still are in the game in big enough numbers. (The prawn arms are also very hard to find and if one arm glitches into the wall it cannot be obtained)

All in all good idea but please code in at least 3 fragments of every item combined with RNG and not total RNG.

Comments

• AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    dangi12012 wrote: »
    Since the latest Update Fragments are mostly RNG based. I now have a save where there is literally only 1 modification station fragments in the whole game (I teleported to every wreck after 6h of searching). I also checked the ocean floor. I cannot finish the game because I can never go deeper than 900m. RNG base is good if you can garuantee that the items still are in the game in big enough numbers. (The prawn arms are also very hard to find and if one arm glitches into the wall it cannot be obtained)

All in all good idea but please code in at least 3 fragments of every item combined with RNG and not total RNG.

Modification station fragments are scattered across the Grand Reef. They are not located at specific wrecks. I've found two fragments from my small amount of searching.
  • dangi12012dangi12012 Join Date: 2017-01-18 Member: 226915Members
    edited September 2017
    What I am saying is that because of RNG and no lower bound there is a chance that you start into a game that you cannot win because there is no garuantee that all fragments spawn that are needed for the blueprints. This needs to change.

EDIT: Yup I reconfirmed it again. New game, I teleported to all locations a prawn drillarm can spawn. One location had 2, the other had 0 parts. Cannot drill kyranite now in this game. PLEASE FIX
  • JoE_SmashJoE_Smash Join Date: 2017-09-06 Member: 232825Members
    dangi12012 wrote: »
    What I am saying is that because of RNG and no lower bound there is a chance that you start into a game that you cannot win because there is no garuantee that all fragments spawn that are needed for the blueprints. This needs to change.

EDIT: Yup I reconfirmed it again. New game, I teleported to all locations a prawn drillarm can spawn. One location had 2, the other had 0 parts. Cannot drill kyranite now in this game. PLEASE FIX

At least for the drill arm, you only need 2 fragments...so you are still good there....
  • BolerroBolerro United States Join Date: 2017-09-23 Member: 233192Members
    edited September 2017
    With the latest releases, I have seen that items I had found in specific locations are no longer spawning there and spawn elsewhere. I am not doubting you have spent quite a bit of time looking, however there is a good chance you just haven't found new spawn locations.

I still haven't found the water filtration frags. And I've been to LOTS of places. Have over 24 hours in my current game... closer to 30 in game time if the main screen wouldn't keep resetting my times in game.
  • KurasuKurasu Join Date: 2017-06-24 Member: 231322Members
    I never found water filtration frags. I just dropped down to the Jellyshroom cave and scanned the machine itself (all frags in one that way).