Modification station scanned fragments not saved

atelescopeatelescope USA Join Date: 2015-11-15 Member: 209259Members
The bug: scan 1-2 modification fragments (without complete the blueprint), save the game and come back. The PDA will tell you have scanned none of it and you have to scan all 3 again. It has been a bug up until the August release. I haven't tested it on the Cuddle Fish release yet. Can anyone confirm?

Comments

• JoE_SmashJoE_Smash Join Date: 2017-09-06 Member: 232825Members
    I lost a propulsion gun fragment with this update....displeased...
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    I haven't seen any code check-ins mentioning a fix since I last played and experienced this bug. So, I assume it is still there. I'm sure they will fix before the summer 2018 release. :)

• JoE_SmashJoE_Smash Join Date: 2017-09-06 Member: 232825Members
    I scanned a modification fragment at the Grand Reef Wreck then I got back to base and saved. I then went to the Bulb/Koosh zone wreck and died. I reloaded my save and went back to the same wreck in the bulb/koosh zone. Scanned a modification fragment and it said I had 1 of 3 instead of 2 of 3. I hate this game and want a refund. This was on PC through Steam. I have played longer than 2 hours, is there any way to get a refund through the developer?
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    I had a couple of games where this bug didn't come up for me at all. I made a game today to test something else and ran into again, though. Seems it can happen with any kind of blueprint. It's kind of random as to what, if anything, will be affected.
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    edited September 2017
    As of build #53923 the [EDIT:] Vehicle Upgrade Console has had its name changed to "Modification Station" and is found in a databox (check around the wrecks near the Lifepod 19). As for what used to be called the Modification Station, I guess we'll have to see.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    @JoE_Smash I've heard you can request exceptions on Steam's 2-houre rule, so make sure to ask them. However, I recommend patience, as this is early access, bugs are an unfortunate part of the deal - and the price will go up later. This bug can easily be countered with a few keyboard clicks once you find the 3rd piece (console commands aren't cheating if you would have the item but got a bug)