Floating Storage Disappeared....about 10 of them...

JoE_SmashJoE_Smash Join Date: 2017-09-06 Member: 232825Members
After this latest Cute Fish Update all my floating storage is gone.

I had created about 10 floating storage containers near my starting lifepod before building a base. Many of them were full of resources I had been gathering since I started playing. One was full of my First Aid Kits, one full of gold, one full of silver, one full of fish, several full of various plant seeds and fish eggs....they are ALL GONE.

I know this is early access and "expletive happens," but seriously? From reading old bugs it is obvious floating storage disappearing has been an ongoing issue, are you guys EVER going to address it?

This is not a very pleasant situation for me and I am VERY unhappy that this happened....

Comments

• BelgarelBelgarel Join Date: 2017-07-03 Member: 231570Members, Subnautica Developer
    Whenever they make significant patches they reset the "cache", and the cache is rather poorly named as in addition to data that must be reset (terrain, etc.) it contains a lot of real data that can't be regenerated like with a cache. While your inventory, base, and vehicles are stored elsewhere, dropped items and deployable containers are in the cache. They get deleted.

imo they've probably forgotten that themselves and it should be treated as a bug as it's going to burn players in patches after the 1.0 release, too. They should either be stored outside of the cache or removed if there's no time to fix them.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    JoE_Smash wrote: »
    After this latest Cute Fish Update all my floating storage is gone.

I had created about 10 floating storage containers near my starting lifepod before building a base. Many of them were full of resources I had been gathering since I started playing. One was full of my First Aid Kits, one full of gold, one full of silver, one full of fish, several full of various plant seeds and fish eggs....they are ALL GONE.

I know this is early access and "expletive happens," but seriously? From reading old bugs it is obvious floating storage disappearing has been an ongoing issue, are you guys EVER going to address it?

This is not a very pleasant situation for me and I am VERY unhappy that this happened....

As @Belgarel said, Cache has to be erased from time to time due to unexpected circumstances.
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    Do not get attached to anything you do in this game while it is still in development. It'll help when things like this happen. c.c

Also, iirc the old floating storage bug was that the /contents/ would disappear, not the storage unit itself. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that was fixed a long time ago. Pretty sure what you're experiencing is just part and parcel of an early-access game.
  • JoE_SmashJoE_Smash Join Date: 2017-09-06 Member: 232825Members
    Well, I am already over it. Since everything outside was reset, all the nodes were reset and they added more to coral tubes in Safe Shallows I believe as well. So I spent a couple hours re-gathering resources. Other than some eggs, I believe I have gotten just about everything back at this point.
  • sporspor Join Date: 2018-01-13 Member: 235030Members
    I had the same issue. Completely sucks to lose resources. It's a waste of time. They should get rid of the containers or at the very minimum have a "help tip" pop up when deploying a storage container that explains the contents will get erased during updates. I would hope that wouldn't be too big of a deal to code into the game. Start off the pop-up with "WARNING!!!....."
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    This should be the last occurrence of that glitch. According to this post, the latest stable update had a fix, but could not keep lockers that were placed prior to the patch.