I don't know if I'm even allowed to do this

FluffersFluffers United States Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204749Members
But I extracted the audio files from the game and I've been playing around with them for fun. So far I've created a kind of an audio environment using a couple dozen individual audio files, a sort of a neat remix of typical cyclops sounds.

https://instaud.io/1gsl

Note for any devs that might see this: I have NO intentions of publishing anything that I do with your copyrighted audio and would never use then in my own works; I'm an untalented amateur just messing around with the files. I also don't encourage people doing something like that, hence why I'm not going to upload the audio anywhere. If this is in any way illegal or against your tos in any way, please take this thread down and let me now, I'll cease immediately. I'm just playing around with some neat audio :smile:

Comments

• FluffersFluffers United States Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204749Members
    The only actual edited clip of audio in that was the sound of the engine in use, which I looped to the length that I needed and used a speed/pitch profile to simultaneously change, obviously, the speed and pitch of the loop, recreating the effect of speeding up and slowing down in-game. Everything else is unedited, or looped to a length I needed.
  • adel_50adel_50 Join Date: 2016-09-01 Member: 221973Members
    Only one word (sick) that's some cool stuff
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    I was expecting a Reaper jumpscare the entire time. I was just waiting for the inevitable.

But then it never happened.

Subnautica has corrupted me, hasn't it?
  • FluffersFluffers United States Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204749Members
    To be fair I did think about adding a part at the end where you hear him advance to "flank speed" and rev the engine all the way up after hearing a sea dragon roar.