Help my joke hive score?

profjekyllprofjekyll Join Date: 2012-04-07 Member: 150070Members
edited September 2017 in Natural Selection Help
Hi there. I am trying to help my hive score... Any thoughts please??

I usually get about 7:10 kills to deaths... Not great, but could be worse.
I usually play marines on large servers.
I spam a lot with railgun exos grenades etc.
I weld loads, heal load, take out loads of enemy resources, build our own, watch the map and try to help...
I play every game to the bitter end... Turtle or not.

But my hive score is about 200. Am I really just crap, or what??? How can I help it???

Thanks. Please don't take the p155.

Comments

• HandschuhHandschuh Join Date: 2005-03-08 Member: 44338Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Community Developer
    You're in the wrong area.... but to your problem, Hivescore basically represents the likelyhood that you'll get your team to win... like rethink your actions or that you're not constantly using the map to know where you are most useful

for example if your aim is not good, railgun is much worse than minigun...

if you want to learn from the best look at these training sessions:

https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/152255/nsl-training-sessions
  • profjekyllprofjekyll Join Date: 2012-04-07 Member: 150070Members
    edited September 2017
    Chap, i know this game inside out... being playing since ns1 beta. And I'm not that bad... In fact I'm a good team player. I get on well with railgun too. But 200?? Really?? I am on winning team approx 50 percent.

It took about 80+ hours of game play to stop being a rookie... Despite having done all the training. I just think the system is bugged tbh.
    Further to this, when choosing a team I always use the command line "j1" or "j2". This is another theory, that it is a bug that happens if you do this.
  • HandschuhHandschuh Join Date: 2005-03-08 Member: 44338Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Community Developer
    edited September 2017
    Well I thought being rookie is gametime limited, if you play rounds on whitelisted servers...
    If you dont play on whitelisted servers you're hiveskill will not rise... and stop arguing "I play since beta", ... from my point of view, every player who is below 2k hiveskill is dragging his team down.

With "knowing the game inside and out" you should win 90% of all games with shuffled teams... simply by poking the enemies weakpoints ... when I started ns2 some time ago I was instantly called smurf because I was always topscore with low hiveskill... that is what should happen to you ;-) Otherwise you're just trolling or have no ounce of self-reflection in your gameplay

And those videos are made from the best, so if you're not on playing on premium-div-ENSL Level, you can always learn from that
    Well, Handschuh... thanks. I asked for help tbh.
    edited September 2017
    Anyways, moving on...

I really think this is a bug. I haven't seen anyone... Any rotten noob or smurf (whatever the blazes that is) or rookie with a lower hive score than me. I'm sure that is plain bugged bs.

My best guess is that is because I join teams with the console and not the ready room doors. Can anyone with actual insight into the code comment?