deco

gunmetal563gunmetal563 Join Date: 2015-09-30 Member: 208239Members
i think we should be able to pick up some of the things like the drinking cups and dishes and place them around your base like on the table in the galley

i also think we could use a few of the existing items in game as decoration such as placing a few copper spools and wiring kits on the wall shelf in the workshop or having some batterys and tools like the stasis gun or a few med kits on the lab counter the models are already in the game they just cant be equipped and placed inside your base like the bag

8vhde2dzfyq5.jpg
iy9d9kfyhpw2.jpg
5jbdix2slqsf.jpg
hvxmoz6g5tv1.jpg

also why cant placeables like the bag and the microscope be set in the cyclops?

u0k437yvojru.jpg
grb74r71kg2v.jpg

Comments

• CronosusCronosus Join Date: 2017-05-29 Member: 230819Members
    i agree too, it really need more decoratives, or way how to take items placed on world or inside aurora, to decorate own home
  • Timelord_FredTimelord_Fred Join Date: 2017-07-05 Member: 231596Members
    I totally agree. The current building system needs more customization options. More place able items would be great
  • gunmetal563gunmetal563 Join Date: 2015-09-30 Member: 208239Members
    the lab stuff is nice to have for your workshop / lab and the other stuff is nice to have for your quarters but their is nothing like a cup or let alone a plate for the galley
    and again why cant we place stuff inside the cyclops
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    edited September 2017

wish we could
    i think we should be able to pick up some of the things like the drinking cups and dishes and place them around your base like on the table in the galley

i also think we could use a few of the existing items in game as decoration such as placing a few copper spools and wiring kits on the wall shelf in the workshop or having some batterys and tools like the stasis gun or a few med kits on the lab counter the models are already in the game they just cant be equipped and placed inside your base like the bag

8vhde2dzfyq5.jpg
    iy9d9kfyhpw2.jpg
    5jbdix2slqsf.jpg
    hvxmoz6g5tv1.jpg

also why cant placeables like the bag and the microscope be set in the cyclops?

u0k437yvojru.jpg
    grb74r71kg2v.jpg

• scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    edited November 2017

Likely due to the raft of complaints it'd cause.

The Cyclops wasn't really intended for major interior construction, but we do it anyway because A. we can, and B. it's helpful. But solid, permanent objects really don't cause a problem; they're effectively bonded to the model, and we wouldn't expect them to be anything but.

However, if we go setting things down on countertops and floors, that creates a new headache for realism. The Cyclops routinely ends up getting banged around, tilted, spun, and shaken. Realistically, all of those decor items should end up flung all over the interior of the sub nearly every time we set sail. If everything behaves like it's been superglued to its counters, it's going to look "wrong."

This, of course, doesn't even address potential performance issues caused by adding yet more objects to the Cyclops. A bunch of lockers and a bed cause enough trouble - if we start adding clutter objects, that could cause a real rendering drag.

Decor clutter in bases? Absolutely. Love the idea. Implementation should be fairly straightforward - the models and meshes already exist, so it's essentially a matter of cloning them as dynamic objects, likely by applying the object traits of existing "mobile clutter" like lab containers and hats.

But the sub should probably be left out of it.