Let's talk about crashfishes :-)

arcasorarcasor Italy Join Date: 2016-06-14 Member: 218577Members
As Garath pointed out in another thread, since the last update crashfishes have begun to spawn not only in the Safe Shallow caves, but even in coral tubes, under wrecks, etc. The result is that now the player may be attacked even when he is just swimming around, minding his own business.
When they only spawned in caves, they made sense as a risk/reward factor: "So you want those juicy resources hidden in this cave? Then enjoy having a suicidal fish explode in your face!"; the player had to deliberately choose to expose himself to danger; as they are now, instead, even just passing by a coral tube is enough to trigger an (in my opinion uncalled for) attack.
I think their spawning locations should be restricted to caves, as before the update, or at least self-immolation should only trigger when the player actually enters the hazardous area. Any thoughts?

Comments

• SouthernGorillaSouthernGorilla United States Join Date: 2017-07-26 Member: 232057Members
    I noticed that as well, I do not approve. On one hand, it does make sense. If they like cozy spaces then they'd naturally be drawn to tubes and wrecks. But they are far too dangerous to have them scattered all over the map. I've died more from crashfish than I have from reapers.
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    I like having all the extra crash fish. I now have a locker filled with cave sulfur and am making a great living in the game selling the cave sulfur to the natives. You probably didn't know how much the Bone Sharks and Sand Sharks really love the stuff. They trade me Copper for it. So, it works out quite well. :)

• TelrosTelros Maine Join Date: 2016-05-11 Member: 216614Members
    There is a problem with over population in general, the RNG for their spawning is insane. One cave I walked into, in one room, had six crash fix side by side. Between this and the Boneshark problem in Bulb Zone and Underwater Islands, one can hope they fix it next patch.
  • AssassinWolfCubAssassinWolfCub Join Date: 2017-08-22 Member: 232533Members
    I think what happens when you type: item crash into the dev console is weird especially when you have the invisble cheat on
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    I've only seen Crashfish spawn under one small wreck, but where are they spawning in coral tubes?
  • HaliosHalios Oz Join Date: 2015-11-27 Member: 209514Members
    They're not a problem for me but I've been playing for a long time. You hear their loud and very distinctive sound, pick a direction without a crash fish in your view, swim in a straight line and don't stop until you hear them explode. Then go loot their powder. Saved me the effort of hunting for it specifically.

But it might be a bit rough on new players.