Did they move the tunnel to the castle?

SouthernGorillaSouthernGorilla United States Join Date: 2017-07-26 Member: 232057Members
Ran into another perplexing problem. Was taking my wife to the castle so she could finish the game and I can't find the tunnel under the nose of the Aurora. I've been through it a dozen times in different saves, so it's not like I'm unfamiliar with what I'm looking for. But we scooted all around with the seaglide looking for it and only found a bunch of bulb trees and the edge of the world. Am I just blind or did they actually change something?

Comments

• SouthernGorillaSouthernGorilla United States Join Date: 2017-07-26 Member: 232057Members
    Ran into another perplexing problem. Was taking my wife to the castle so she could finish the game and I can't find the tunnel under the nose of the Aurora. I've been through it a dozen times in different saves, so it's not like I'm unfamiliar with what I'm looking for. But we scooted all around with the seaglide looking for it and only found a bunch of bulb trees and the edge of the world. Am I just blind or did they actually change something?
  • RecursionRecursion The cosmos Join Date: 2017-07-01 Member: 231505Members
    first of all, yes, they did move it. You can access the lava zone from the lost river now, and second of all, @Foxy , there are 2 threads, work your magic!
  • SouthernGorillaSouthernGorilla United States Join Date: 2017-07-26 Member: 232057Members
    Yeah, I don't know why it double-posted. May have something to do with sending it from my phone. Sorry about that. I tried deleting it, but that's not an available option apparently.

So the only entrance to the castle is now via the Lost River? Lovely. I hate that entrance.
  • StormShockerStormShocker Join Date: 2017-08-27 Member: 232676Members
    You can still get there through the tunnel through the front of the aroura. It’s just it’s sooooo hard to see. I recommend getting the sonar upgrade for the Cyclops’s for that.
    edited August 2017
  • NorthernBruceNorthernBruce Canada Join Date: 2017-07-03 Member: 231544Members
    There's a new entrance around the Aurora area. I don't know how to do the Spoiler flag so I won't say anymore than that...
  • Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
    They did remove the entrance to the Aurora, but they also added another new entrance in the middle of the new Lost River corridor that leads to the Mountains.
    ClRCA6F.png
    h7s3hmijjv4w.png
    kRSgKT1.png
  • StormShockerStormShocker Join Date: 2017-08-27 Member: 232676Members
    The cyclops is the big submarine
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    What's a Cyclops?

;)
    The cyclops is the big submarine

I think that was sarcasm

• Gourmet_GuyGourmet_Guy Ohio Join Date: 2016-06-16 Member: 218647Members
    I think it was removed, could be wrong. If so, that's very disappointing.
    Very disappointing indeed. I watched my wife take the LR route the other night and it looks tedious. I have not explored on my own yet to see if there's another route available.

Very disappointing indeed. I watched my wife take the LR route the other night and it looks tedious. I have not explored on my own yet to see if there's another route available.

I don't see how the new entrance any more tedious than the old Aurora one. You just follow a straight path down a bit and jump into a pit and then you're in the Lava Zone.
    Morph_Guy wrote: »

I don't see how the new entrance any more tedious than the old Aurora one. You just follow a straight path down a bit and jump into a pit and then you're in the Lava Zone.
    What new entrance? The Lost River entrance has been there as long as I've been playing. That's the one I dislike. If there's actually a new entrance I have yet to find then I'll be glad to try it out for myself as soon as I find it. Which may be never depending on where they hid it. According to Steam, my wife and I have 324 hours invested in the game so far... and we still haven't found all the caches or all the wrecks. Right now I can't even find the entrance to the Jellyshroom cave... and I know I've been there before. My record of finding things is not very impressive.
    edited September 2017
    Yeah, they added a second one to the Lost River that's quicker to get to.
    Getting to the Lost River has never been a problem. I just don't like going through the LR to get to the castle. I like that 1k pitch black tunnel under the Aurora.
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    @SouthernGorilla Like others have said, they removed the tunnel under the bow of the Aurora, but they replaced it with another one that's fairly near by. It's north and west of there, kind of on the border between the bulb zone and the mountains. It's an entirely new biom with a path that's even easier for the Cyclops than the old ILZ and is a heck of a lot more interesting. I call it... The Way Down.
    @elfcrisis Yeah, I went into creative mode and found it by backtracking from the castle. Actually looped all the way around the perimeter of the ILZ checking every nook for a path. Only the Lost River and the new Lost River Junction connect to the ILZ now as far as I can tell. Stumbled across the tunnel for the Cyclops from the ILZ to the LZ... that's a big hole. But it certainly looks inconvenient. I didn't look to see if my preferred route from the castle to the aquarium is still available. I make the run with the exosuit, so I don't need all that space to get through like the Cyclops.
    @elfcrisis Yeah, I went into creative mode and found it by backtracking from the castle. Actually looped all the way around the perimeter of the ILZ checking every nook for a path. Only the Lost River and the new Lost River Junction connect to the ILZ now as far as I can tell. Stumbled across the tunnel for the Cyclops from the ILZ to the LZ... that's a big hole. But it certainly looks inconvenient. I didn't look to see if my preferred route from the castle to the aquarium is still available. I make the run with the exosuit, so I don't need all that space to get through like the Cyclops.

Going from the new route from the Mountains, if you go over the big hole to the ALZ, you go straight to the aquarium. It's really quite convenient.
    elfcrisis wrote: »

Going from the new route from the Mountains, if you go over the big hole to the ALZ, you go straight to the aquarium. It's really quite convenient.
    Well, convenient if you don't mind the large, angry lizard-squid trying to eat you. My idea of "convenient" would be a route that drops you out right next to the door. I somehow doubt there are any plans for such a route. I like the new tunnel to the ILZ. It's much easier to see where you're going compared to the old on under the Aurora. Not so keen on the doorman at the end of it though.

On the topic of moving things... I think they moved the Jellyshroom entrances as well, at least one of them. I've found two, neither is above the base like before the update. I don't know if that entrance is still there and I just haven't found it yet or if one of the entrances I have found replaced that one. I'll have more exploring to do tomorrow after the game reinstalls.
    @SouthernGorilla Oh, don't mind the lizard-squid. He's a big softy, once you get to know him!

As for the jellyshroom entrances, they're all still there. The one over the Degasi base is, too. It's to the east of the Lifepod 5, kind of on your way to the stern of the Aurora. The entrance is very narrow, at the base of the cliff going down from the kelp forest to the red grass zone. Work your way along that cliff and you'll find it.