pet types

cutefishleviathancutefishleviathan United States Join Date: 2017-07-22 Member: 231975Members
Out of all the creatures in Subnautica what would you like the most to have as a pet? Maybe their is a creature that you can relate to: the soulless Cutefish, the destructive Crashfish, the creeper peeper, and the gassy Gasopod. What will match your personality or liking? tak9s402a2q8.jpg

Comments

• ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
  • cutefishleviathancutefishleviathan United States Join Date: 2017-07-22 Member: 231975Members
    ShuttleBug wrote: »
    x03z3wxk65fu.jpg
    I like dark things >:)
    x03z3wxk65fu.jpg
    I like dark things >:)

That creature is beautiful. that should be what waits in the void..
  • cutefishleviathancutefishleviathan United States Join Date: 2017-07-22 Member: 231975Members
    This is mine. (0F COURSE)y4rmbb4tyqca.jpg
  • AvimimusAvimimus Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214968Members

I'm increasingly glad I made that! :smiley:
  • NerdyEricNerdyEric Join Date: 2016-11-15 Member: 223876Members
    The stalker has always been cool to me
  • NuclearTestingNuclearTesting Join Date: 2017-07-27 Member: 232082Members
    I like the Stalker. Wait can't you tame them in game? Last time I tried it ate my face, not my peeper.
    Avimimus wrote: »

I'm increasingly glad I made that! :smiley:

You drew that. I looked at the link and it says it came from unknown worlds forums. teach me the ways! btw the Cutefish pic is awesome.
  • Timelord_FredTimelord_Fred Join Date: 2017-07-05 Member: 231596Members
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    I really want a pet Mesmer that will hypnotise the larger fauna so I can sneak by them without damage.

But I'd settle for a pet Rabbit Ray.
    B)
    I'll take a pet shuttlebug that just floats around and confuses everyone with its bad A.I. When times are rough I'll just watch the shuttlebug contently float around :smile:
    NerdyEric wrote: »
    I like the Stalker. Wait can't you tame them in game? Last time I tried it ate my face, not my peeper.

Trust me, you two want dis one ;)
    nwe4krvlaccz.jpg

Every part of my body just melted <3

• gbuzz1216gbuzz1216 Join Date: 2017-03-09 Member: 228771Members
    A crashfish because it has a derp face and it reminds me of Mike Wazowski from Monsters Inc
  • AvimimusAvimimus Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214968Members
    You drew that. I looked at the link and it says it came from unknown worlds forums. teach me the ways! btw the Cutefish pic is awesome.

Okay, so I'll tell you about my crude, unprofessional technique...

1) I grabbed the relatively high-res concept art of the cute fish

2) I used console commands to spawn a Sea Dragon Leviathan in open water and took a screenshot. I then carefully created a mask and dropped the Sea Dragon onto the concept art.

3) I then created a transparent layer on top of the combined image, with a transparent blue colour gradient (using the gradient fill tool) to put a layer of colour that made it look like there was a distance 'fog' that got thicker toward the right side of the screen (giving the impression that the Cute fish was further away, and therefore larger).

4) I used a distortion tool to warp the mouth of the cute fish until it looked like it was opening wide! This also gave it a delightful grin.

My original goal had been to have the 'adult' Cute Fish have smaller and more numerous eyes (in a ring around its head), but I lacked the artistic skill. My idea was that you inherit the cutefish but it keeps growing, swims off, and then you get to meet it later ;)

I believe there is a console command for adjusting the size of the creature you spawn - so spawning a Cute Fish leviathan might actually be possible in game btw...
  • Timelord_FredTimelord_Fred Join Date: 2017-07-05 Member: 231596Members
    Avimimus wrote: »

Okay, so I'll tell you about my crude, unprofessional technique...

1) I grabbed the relatively high-res concept art of the cute fish

2) I used console commands to spawn a Sea Dragon Leviathan in open water and took a screenshot. I then carefully created a mask and dropped the Sea Dragon onto the concept art.

3) I then created a transparent layer on top of the combined image, with a transparent blue colour gradient (using the gradient fill tool) to put a layer of colour that made it look like there was a distance 'fog' that got thicker toward the right side of the screen (giving the impression that the Cute fish was further away, and therefore larger).

4) I used a distortion tool to warp the mouth of the cute fish until it looked like it was opening wide! This also gave it a delightful grin.

My original goal had been to have the 'adult' Cute Fish have smaller and more numerous eyes (in a ring around its head), but I lacked the artistic skill. My idea was that you inherit the cutefish but it keeps growing, swims off, and then you get to meet it later ;)

I believe there is a console command for adjusting the size of the creature you spawn - so spawning a Cute Fish leviathan might actually be possible in game btw...

I think that was in a mod
    NerdyEric wrote: »

Trust me, you two want dis one ;)
    nwe4krvlaccz.jpg

Every part of my body just melted <3

I try to avoid altogether hurting any Hoverfish because the face they make when you have the intention to cook them and you equip it in your hand. loooook at that face.. isn't he just adowable. xkrfhqffml7b.jpg