Does reporting via F8 actually works or not?

GreendwellerGreendweller Holland Join Date: 2016-04-19 Member: 215980Members
So i have reported a functional problem via F8 for about a week now and i don't see any trello card or mentioning of the bug anywhere.

(The bug is that every time i load my recently started savegame; the bottom hatch of lifepod 5 is in the closed state and i have to climb on top to get in.
And if i leave either of the hatches it shows the 1st time use animation every time.)

So does it actually work or what? I don't mind reporting stuff if someone is actually looking at the incomming reports but if nobody is; please say so and i can stop wasting my time on that and ill just post it here. (will be less tho because i kinda want to play when i'm ingame and not constandly alt-tabbing)
Or just give an honest reply what kind of backlog you guys have on it so we can understand.... "bad" news is still better than no news tbh.
We know you guys are a small team and we know you have to devide resources on the projects. If we know what is going on, we can adjust to the situation.
(I say "we" but this is how i think about it ofcource.)

Cheers.

Comments

• DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    You can see on Checkin if your bug report has been received (if it's recent, anyway). I don't know how they are processed, though.

Not everything that needs fixing gets a Trello card. I'm not sure what the criteria are, but just because it doesn't go on there doesn't mean the bug is ignored (or only so for the time being). On the Changes & Checkins page, you can see recent work on the game that's a little more in-detail than the Trello pages.
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    I doubt one person reporting an issue using F8 is going to do anything at all--at least not quickly. Rather, I would not expect anything to happen until they receive multiple reports. For a game like this, even if they received dozens of reports for an issue, it still might take a while before it is noticed and escalated. If you look at the Trello, it is amazing how many issues they are working on at any given time.

Some issues reported via F8 are obviously ignored and disregarded with utterly no feedback from anyone. Such is life...
  • GreendwellerGreendweller Holland Join Date: 2016-04-19 Member: 215980Members
    Tested it with a fresh survival game (jul-2017 51210) experimental
    And the bug mentioned in the 1st post is still there.
    Exited both the top and bottom hatch, saved/exited the game.
    Reloaded it and both are back in the closed state with the bottom one being locked, forcing the player to go trough the top hatch.

Anyways i can understand that some things will not get looked at or even will be ignored. And i'm fine with that as long as it's cosmetic stuff. (And that is ofcource a personal opinion but it would seem that making everything work properly from the start would be a priority)
    And like i already mentioned before; this is a functional bug that is going on and it's even in the starting area that a lot of new players will likely see when the game officially launches.

Anyways i did my best to report it in several ways.
  • LulzesLulzes Join Date: 2017-07-25 Member: 232050Members
    The bug with docking at the Cyclops is making Experimental unplayable... it's been going on since build 51123, but it seems all the new builds do't mention bugfixes, just tweaking stuff scheduled for the next release. I guess releasing takes precedence over Experimental builds, but a functional Experimental is also crucial to catch major bugs...
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    All Stable releases were once Experimental builds. If the Cyclops is game-breakingly broken in Experimental, fixing it will happen before the next Stable release-- you can count on that.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    I previously saw a link to the f8 feedback reports in another thread, so I searched the forum and found it: clicky.
  • SouthernGorillaSouthernGorilla United States Join Date: 2017-07-26 Member: 232057Members
    narfblat wrote: »
    I previously saw a link to the f8 feedback reports in another thread, so I searched the forum and found it: clicky.

Some of those are hilarious. I feel sorry for whoever has to wade through them looking for legitimate problems amongst all the complaints of "I can't build with build tool" (dead battery). My favorite, though, is the complaint, "I see the icon, but my seamoth isn't appearing"-- 'cause it's on the other side of an obstruction.
  • PrinceVadePrinceVade Join Date: 2017-08-07 Member: 232291Members
    narfblat wrote: »

For reference, I did try reporting one (of a spare buggy screenshot I have) and I couldn't find it on there. Maybe I glossed over it, but feel free to report something on there and search for it afterwards