[Experimental] Thermometer disappeared

AleskAlesk ORLEANS, FRANCE Join Date: 2017-01-26 Member: 227292Members
edited July 2017 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
My thermometer disappeared when i load my saved game.
Can't have one new even with the console command "item thermometer". The command works but does not make it appears in my inventory.
Don't know what do to more to have the thermometer again.
This is not a critical bug but even.

Comments

• GreendwellerGreendweller Holland Join Date: 2016-04-19 Member: 215980Members
    I noticed that it is build into the seamoth now.
  • AleskAlesk ORLEANS, FRANCE Join Date: 2017-01-26 Member: 227292Members
    yes i noticed it to that it's integrated into the seamoth
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    This is listed on Trello, they are removing thermometer item, and listing heat on vehicles instead. Thermal plants will apparently have a different color show up if trying to place in too cold of an area. The downside is, that only indicates if an area is "hot enough" not how efficient it is. Maybe we can ask the developers to do a sliding color scale, with red still being can't build, orange being can build but no heat, yellow being low efficiency, and multiple shades working toward green(which would be max efficiency).
  • DefenderX1DefenderX1 Join Date: 2017-07-23 Member: 231990Members
    Well that's just lame. I liked having the thermometer equipped ALL the time. Especially when I wasn't in a vehicle. Hell, it's more useful OUTSIDE vehicle use so you know your environment. Inside your seamoth or prawn you're protected.

Once of the best uses for the thermometer was finding the perfect spot for a thermal plant. I don't want to place it somewhere that's just "useable". If it's only 20c you're going to get crap power from that. I want to be able to swim around & scout the area finding the hottest place. That's really tough to do in a prawn. Also seamoth's depth is very limited @ 900m. If I'm in the Lost River or Jellyshroom caves I may be in my seamoth but not once I find the general area to build the plant. I always exit my vehicle to narrow down the best spot. Can't do that now, not without blowing up your seamoth from the heat!
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    edited July 2017
    Do an f8 report with the really unhappy face. Feedback isn't just for bugs, but also for how the game changes affect players. I haven't done this myself yet, they may get confused if a non-experimental player is talking about things that aren't in-game yet.

Thermometers only have a slight use inside vehicles, so you know whether it is safe to exit. This could almost be replaced by a warning light, as long as it tracked whether you had the reinforced dive suit(alternatively, could have a second light for extreme exterior heat).

Edit: I was forgetting about thermal charge on Prawn and apparently being added to Cyclops. Still, I like personal thermometer, maybe just include it on reinforced dive suit as a perk.
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    I hope the developers add a new animation when the player gets to a part of the see that is too hot... Can you say... face melt? :)
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    The thermometer was removed from the game as a HUD option. I'm not happy about it but it isn't a bug; it's literally a feature.
  • RecursionRecursion The cosmos Join Date: 2017-07-01 Member: 231505Members