Vending Machine too op and gold coins

CronanDarkGamerYTCronanDarkGamerYT Join Date: 2017-04-28 Member: 230086Members
i feel that the vending machine is too op. i also feel that gold has barely any use. i say we should have to use gold to make gold coins and use those gold coins to get chips from the vending machine.

Comments

• EstebanLB01EstebanLB01 Join Date: 2017-05-09 Member: 230377Members
    Absurd. The coffee and vending machines are more of a decoration. All the other food and water options are way faster and fun. Pretty much nobody cares about them givving free items. And gold has a lot of uses. The player needs to constantly get more to keep crafting circuits for new bases and connecting thermal plants
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    edited June 2017
    I'm pretty sure the vending machine and coffee machine having infinite is just for now. It probably will change in the finale game. Also gold is very useful now. They changed a lot of things and made gold useful. Silver isn't as useful. Gold replaced silver for most things that required silver to craft it.
  • CAPSHAWCAPSHAW Nevada Join Date: 2016-09-29 Member: 222692Members
    What if you had to make gold coins out of a whole bunch of gold, and it gave you a nutrient block?
  • WiirlakWiirlak Blaton Join Date: 2017-05-26 Member: 230772Members
    Just make the coffee machine and vending machine using energy when crafting.
    And it is balance.
  • xm234xm234 Poland Join Date: 2017-03-26 Member: 229207Members
    Isn't it impossible to fill up using coffee and snacks only?
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited June 2017
    xm234 wrote: »

I find your lack of faith disturbing!
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    All you need is just a room full of Coffee Machines, so by the time the first coffee is finished, you get back in the circle to push for another. Ta-da! Infinite coffee.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Fathom wrote: »
    All you need is just a room full of Coffee Machines, so by the time the first coffee is finished, you get back in the circle to push for another. Ta-da! Infinite coffee.

That won't end well, just Sayin'

Kouji_San wrote: »
    You look like you could use some coffee.
    82pBjZT.jpg
    giphy.gif
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    Anyway. You could nerf it by requiring a Filtered Water and Nutrient Block to load the machines and then only get a limited number of uses out of it, so it's more of a flair than free food and drink.
  • xm234xm234 Poland Join Date: 2017-03-26 Member: 229207Members
    82pBjZT.jpg

Wouldn't you drop your water/food down to 0 istead of filling up? Last time I tried, I lost more due to vomiting than this food was worth.
    Besides, planters are even cheaper, with much better food for free. (especially melons)
  • stephensmithstephensmith miami Join Date: 2017-09-06 Member: 232830Members

This seems funny , how can someone have coffee whole day and night. Vending machines are helpful for providing coffee easily but that doesn't mean one have to drink tea for whole day.
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    edited September 2017
    82pBjZT.jpg

I do love the Coffee Machine in Subnautica, although I extremely dislike coffee in real life. I wish its "You look like you could use some coffee" quote played when you hit the button to get some Joe though (instead of just only when it's constucted). The machine knows my character has been awake for 200+ days straight and he needs the caffeine just to stave off insanity. :lol:

One question though, why does using a Coffee item play a "munch" sound effect instead of the proper "gulp" sound effect? That must be some really crunchy coffee... maybe the machine doesn't have a filter for the coffee grounds? :grimace:

"New from Alterra: Try our extremely-grounded™ Mongolian roasted coffee, now with 300% more coffee beans!* Our coffee is so powerful, you can just eat it straight from the cup!"**

*Notice: The term "extremely-grounded" only applies when your Mongolian coffee is processed with the separately-purchased Alterra Coffee Grinder and Coffee Processor (yours today for only ten easy payments of 1000 credits... each!) The coffee in this state is otherwise more commonly known as "coffee beans" - Alterra shall not be held liable if you attempt to consume coffee in this state.

**Disclaimer: Do not eat the dispensed Mongolian coffee directly from the cup before processing it. Doing so will void the warranty on the Coffee Machine, Coffee Grinder, Coffee Processor and void the warranty on any future Alterra purchases. Side effects of unprocessed coffee consumption may include vision-impairment, hearing loss, blood loss, insomnia, cardiac arrest, and death. Please consult your PDA if you have any legal questions.***

***Notice: By consulting your PDA for legal advice, you hereby waive any claims of litigation against Alterra. Furthermore, you are legally bound and prohibited against bringing any charges against Alterra for any maladies that might have appear to have been caused by any product manufactured by Alterra.

Thank you, and we appreciate your continued consumer support of Alterra!Alterra_Logos.png