Deployable battery pack for remote lights or other tools

EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
If/when the floodlight is switched to use base power, it would be nice if you could still use it out in the field.

So, how about a handheld device, that you can load with batteries or power cell (why not either?) and deploy on surfaces. It then beams power to deployables, better range and capacity if you use a cell over a battery. Floodlights and light sticks, perhaps other stuff?

And for a secondary function to make it more useful, if you deploy it near a base, it could have a secondary function of recharging the players equipped item while they swim near it, at the cost of base power.

Comments

• jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    I had plans requesting a way to have a battery powered flood light and base powered. So you can have battery powered ones in places that don't have base parts/power
  • McBooMcBoo Join Date: 2017-05-15 Member: 230513Members
    Just changing the power source for the floodlight from a battery to a power cell would be a huge improvement! I would also dig an additional upgrade option that allows you to attach a small solar or thermal power generator to the base of the floodlight.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    edited May 2017
    The power source is base powered no longer battery. Evil was asking if it was possible to have an upgrade that makes it take batteries again. But I do agree with the solar panel and thermal power generator
  • EstebanLB01EstebanLB01 Join Date: 2017-05-09 Member: 230377Members
    What we need is make thos damn floodlights consume less battery!
    edited May 2017
    They are based powered!

In experimental
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    edited May 2017
    Multifunction? A little combination solar/single-powercell/battery-charger? That can also supply power to floodlights when discharging a full battery.

Solar powered floodlights are probably not the best idea ever.