Trophies

Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
Is it possible for the predators to drop some sort of item when kniffing their dead bodies, and we use said item to create trophies to decorate the base? For example, the mounted head (mini-head)of a Reaper. The original creature wouldn't suffer any alteration. The only thing that would change would be:

1 - You kill a predator

2 - You attack it once and obtain an item, like a seed

3 - With other materials, you can build a placeable trophie for the base.

Comments

• CronanDarkGamerYTCronanDarkGamerYT Join Date: 2017-04-28 Member: 230086Members
    I like this... there is already a "trophy" of the ded aurora on ship... ik its not acually but it kinda is similar to this if u think about it... u have a big ship(the creature) its attack by weapon(G.U.N.) and it dies in explosion... then u scavage it and find a smaller version to put in base... kinda like the leftover "trophy"
  • CaptainBarbequeCaptainBarbeque Hell Join Date: 2017-02-25 Member: 228247Members
    Ohohohoho how i'd love to have a room filled with parts of those giant scary cunts.
    yes, the feeling of revenge would be worth a million dollars
  • Funsauce32Funsauce32 Canada Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218339Members
    now, this could definitely lead somewhere, but just in a totally different direction. Like for visiting each main area in the game (Aurora, Precursor gun/bases and the deep grand seabase). we have the mini aurora already, then we could have some cool placeable alien stuff for the gun and bases then for completing the degasi story by exploring the 3rd base you could get some cool item like a rusty hullplate or a vile of the carar bacteria that they were studying kinda thing.
  • JozrozJozroz Sweden Join Date: 2017-05-15 Member: 230525Members
    edited May 2017
    The larger creatures could give an item off their corpses as a trophy; for instance, a single Reaper Leviathan mandible. It would feel somewhat more realistic that way, rather than having it go through a huge size alteration. Perhaps captured small fish like peepers could be combined with other materials to make a mounted fish similar to what we have in real life. Also, I reckon the back of the trophy mount could be made of wood harvested from the island trees, giving them some use.
  • EternalGolemEternalGolem Join Date: 2016-11-04 Member: 223650Members
    Subnautics is not a hunting game. However, you could use eggs as your trophies. We would need some large eggs though.
  • ThePassionateGamerThePassionateGamer Germany Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218219Members
    I really hope by the time we can travel to the stars like we can in Subnautica humanity no longer sees benefit in "hunting trophys".
    That said, I like the other idea mentioned here, that parts of the completed story could net you a decorative trophy-ish item like the Mini-Aurora and so on. That would be a nice thing.

Decorating the whole base with Skulls from alien Fauna would be creepy and kinda weird. Yeah it's "just" a game but since the devs don't seem to support killing by giving no resources of any kind out of any "bigger" creatures dead body, my guess is, that we won't see any hunting trophys anytime soon.