The Lava War Thread

Comments

• Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    edited May 2017
    It is time for you to fulfill your agreement, Ampeels.

No more will you sit idly by as my troops are killed.

It is time to use your, unique talents.

REINFORCEMENTS

I place all three Spine Eels on O2, as well as the the Lava Lizard.

MOVEMENTS

I make no movements.

ATTACKS

I attack EC in Entrance B with the Ampeel on C2, by using "Discharge"

" Discharge ( An attack that kills all in the enemies in an adjacent area. By using this power, any troops that were with the Ampeel are also killed. Only the Ampeel survives. Can only be used once per turn. Does not affect Reapers, Reefbacks, or Cyclops)"

This gets rid of all Biters and PRAWN suits. The Cyclops is unaffected.

I attack EC in Entrance B with the units on O2.

And finally, I use my ability, "Hail to the King Baby" (Remind me to change it's name.)

"Hail to the King Baby", one unit from na enemy faction is converted into a unheard/ khara. Can only be used one a turn.

I use it on the Lava Larva on D2.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

F*cking FINALLY! NOW THIS WAR WILL HAVE IT'S FIRES LIT AGAIN!

I will not comment about your second decision, just to not ruin all of this...

And, from this turn on, Hail to the King will have a limitation:

The effect is appliable only to the territory lost on the ongoing turn.

This happened because there was nothing saying the extension of the power, like, if territory x was conquered on this or other turn. If this war had a condition of winning based on a faction(s) losing their Entrances (the E1, E2,...), then this power would be used to end a faction on that same turn. Hence the limitation.

I will roll your dices tomorrow.
  • Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    Ended doing it today.

Battle report:
    https://rolz.org/dr?room=Subnautica

Lava Empire x FMMA at EC on Entrance B

Lava Empire attacks from O2 with 3 Spine Eels and 1 Lava Lizard (4 armies). FMMA defends with 4 Cyclops (12 armies)

Faction Powers:

FMMA = “It’s Drilling Time!” = re-roll the dice with the smaller value. The new dice will be valid if the new value surpass the adversary's dice value, being otherwise ignored.

Dices value:

FMMA = 6, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 1, 1

Lava Empire = 6, 3, 1, 1

Attack failed. FMMA holds the territory.
    General Hal, this is Admiral Horsch. We finished securing and fortifying the entrance. Foward barracks have been erected, and us and the biters are just waiting for reinforcements to proceed-

*THUNK

What was that? Bridge, report

Admiral, something came and we were hit by a soldier

Why would a soldier hit us, helmsman?

Because he is dead. Whatever that was, it killed, everything. I think we are alive just because of the Cyclops, sir. INCOMING ENEMIES!

The admiral drank some of his coffee, then proceeded to face the attackers.

All Cyclops, line formation towards south direction. Engage prow ion batteries full foward. Ready two salvo of torpedoes, the first vortex, the second concentraded gas. Fire first salvo on my mark.

At the distance, besides the sea of dead bodies that now littered the entrance, the formation of Cyclops saw a large group of Spine Eels and Lava Lizards, no doubt running at then to capitalize on the strange attack that killed almost everything. Clever thing the monsters did, Horsch thought.

The admiral look to his pocket watch, waiting for the moment to come. Then, with a clear voice, said: Mark.

The batteries fired the first salvo. The attackers were trapped into the stasis bubbles.

Without missing the beat, "Fire the second salvo", and the gas torpedoes went and the enemies started to choke.

All units, this is the Admiral. Engage battle speed. With a horn being sound from the flagship, all Cyclops started to move towards the blob of attackers.

Attack speed. The horn again made itself manifest.

The Cyclops accelerated.

The Ion Batteries opened fire in unision. Those who were choking started to die, being ripped apart by the batteries.

Ramming speed

With the horns screaming again, the formation accelerated again, this time at max speed.

And then, with a final bumping noise, the Spine Eels and Lava Lizard were no more.
    Turn 9 starts tomorrow.
    edited May 2017
    Turn 9

SKQkVt3.png

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reinforcements:

@Jamezorg - 1 army

@ResolutionBlaze - 1 army
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    I place my army at IG.

I don't/can't move anything (because, ya know, I'm in a really bad position)

I attack EC with my 3 crabsquid (and I negate a prowler, I guess...)

Commander Shren: Men of the Front! Our Prime Minister is dead, and half of our brothers have abandoned us. But now is not the time to show pity or weakness; now is the time to fight for what we believe in, and we believe in a brighter future. Deserters will be deserters, but the soldiers who stay will forever be warriors and brave men. Now I bid you follow me into the fray, and destroy the enemy once and for all!
    These River Prowlers have been nothing but trouble; they have thwarted every plan, every attack, every assault we've thrown at them, but this time I sense greater outcomes; we have belief on our side. We have determination, we have courage, and we have the strength to destroy this army once and for all! For the Prime Minister!

Soldiers: For the Prime Minister!

*A Sea Dragon roars in the distance*

Commander Shren: ... let's go...
    Jamezorg wrote: »
    I place my army at IG.

I don't/can't move anything (because, ya know, I'm in a really bad position)

I attack EC with my 3 crabsquid (and I negate a prowler, I guess...)

Commander Shren: Men of the Front! Our Prime Minister is dead, and half of our brothers have abandoned us. But now is not the time to show pity or weakness; now is the time to fight for what we believe in, and we believe in a brighter future. Deserters will be deserters, but the soldiers who stay will forever be warriors and brave men. Now I bid you follow me into the fray, and destroy the enemy once and for all!
    These River Prowlers have been nothing but trouble; they have thwarted every plan, every attack, every assault we've thrown at them, but this time I sense greater outcomes; we have belief on our side. We have determination, we have courage, and we have the strength to destroy this army once and for all! For the Prime Minister!

Soldiers: For the Prime Minister!

*A Sea Dragon roars in the distance*

Commander Shren: ... let's go...

Yes. You attack with two. One must stay at IG as occupation army. Rolling dices.
    Battle report: https://rolz.org/dr?room=Subnautica

Conglomerate x Lava Empire at EC on Entrance A

Conglomerate attacks with 2 armies. Lava Empire defends with 3 armies.

Active powers:

Conglomerate: Get to negate 1 unit/army (of choice) from any attacking/defending force (Mesmers have hypnosis, Crabsquids have EMP). Lava Empire now defends with 2 armies.

Rolling dices:

Conglomerate = 6, 4

Lava Empire = 6, 1

2nd roll

Conglomerate = 1

Lava Empire = 1

Attack failed. Lava Empire holds EC with 1 army.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

@Jamezorg, what have you done for the Random Number God (tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RandomNumberGod) to hate you so much?

Moving for @ResolutionBlaze

Deployment:

- Place 1 Stalker at IG

Movement:

- Move 1 Stalker from C to OG

Attack:

- Attack EC on Entrance A with 2 Stalkers and 2 Reapers
    Battle report:
    https://rolz.org/dr?room=Subnautica

Devorandum Confederacy attacks EC on Entrance A with 2 Reapers and 2 Stalkers

Lava Empire defends EC on Entrance A with 1 Spine Eel

Powers:

DC: Gets to add 3 to any attacking dice role value (because VIOLENCE!) (oh, and reapers count as 3 armies)

Dice values

DC = 8, 6, 5, 2, 2, 2, 2, 1

Lava Empire = 1

Attack sucessful. Devorandum Confederacy conquers EC on Entrance A with 2 Reapers and 2 Stalkers

Map until now:

MVxnI7B.jpg

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reinforcements

@phantomfinch - 3 armies

FMMA- 3 armies
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    I place the three reenforcments on IG2 and move them to EC

I also move one unit from c3 and c2 up the tunnel
    So, that's five biters on EC?
    FMMA turn

++++++++++++++++++

Deployment:

- Place 3 PRAWNS at EC and exchange them for one Cyclops.

Movement:

- Move all Cyclops on the tunnels one territory up

Attacks:

- I attack O2 with 1 Cyclops

- I attack C2 with 4 Cyclops
    Battle report: https://rolz.org/dr?room=Subnautica

First attack

FMMA attacks O2 with 1 Cyclops

Lava Empire defends O2 with 1 Spine Eel

Powers:

FMMA = “It’s Drilling Time!” = re-roll the dice with the smaller value. The new dice will be valid if the new value surpass the adversary's dice value, being otherwise ignored.

Dice values

FMMA = 3, 2, 1

Lava Empire = 2

Attack sucesfull. FMMA conquers O2 with 1 Cyclops (3 armies)

Second attack

FMMA attacks C2 with 4 Cyclops

Lava Empire defends C2 with 1 Ampeel

Powers:

Dice values

FMMA = 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 4, 4, 4, 4, 2, 2, 1

Lava Empire = 5

Attack sucesfull. FMMA conquers C2 with 4 Cyclops
    The video flickers and comes to life

"Hello, General. I trust you have overcome your recent problems"

HAL did his best to control his shaking hand, or risk spilling his drink over his desk

"Hello, High Councilour. I'm fine, thank you for asking. May I ask what was the reason for you to contact me?"

"To the point, eh? I would like to thank you for sending me General Silverwing. He's here, outside, being interrogated. For the time being, we believe he has not been contaminated with Carar, and acted by his own accord. Investigations are proceding well. The same could be said of the campaign, yes? Congratulations for such victories and making such a stable position on the cavern. The only thing between you and Pater Aestus is the Imperial Guard, yes?"

"Yes, High Councilour. We were fortunate to be given the chance to capitalise on the attack made by the division of ampeels. Now, they are no more."

"Excelent, General. We will keep in contact. I have to return interrogating Silverwing. Continue with your good work"

The screen became black.

HAL sat and exhaled a sigh he didn't knew he was holding. Talking with the High Council... those creeps were unnatural to interact with, even indirectely.

A warrior opened his door, with a smile almost threatening to divide his face in two

"SIR, GREAT NEWS!"

"What is it, soldier?"

"Sir, we released some prisioners with the defeated division. One of them is..."

"Speak up, man! Who is it?"

"It's DJ Ampeel sir! She's here! With us!"

HAL got up from his chair, and followed the warrior. Upon reaching the communications room, a video link opened with the front lines.

The face of DJ Ampeel was there, being treated by field medics, inside a foward base

HAL took a sip on his drink

"So, you are the one who has been sending those codified messages over the radio to the Aboveworld alliance, no?"

DJ Ampeel, tired from the battle, and very much afraid of the androids trying to examine her, could reply with very weak force

"You cannot blame a girl from trying, General HAL, is it?"

HAL smiled

"No, I suppose I can't. Welcome to the FMMA, Ms Ampeel. Enjoy your stay."
    I place the three reenforcments on IG2 and move them to EC

I also move one unit from c3 and c2 up the tunnel

So, three biters on EC?
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    Yes put biters there

Anna memorial palace. Grasy platous

"WHAT TO YOU MEAN BITES GONE MISSING?" Lieutenant General Rasputin shouted at the KGB. He had been incharge of affairs in the above world as Bite commanded his armies in the lava zone. And to be frank, he was doing a piss poor job of it.

"We went into the cube, Bite spoke to it and we were teleported into the lost river just as our report states" The leader of the KGB unit and Bite's personal body guard said. It was his responsibility for Bite being alive and if he failed then his head was literally on the line.

"But how did you lose him? Why did you leave?" Rasputin barked, without Bite moral in the war would drop and the GCSC would have to pull out to sustain uprisings if the war turned grim.

"We did not he left of his own accord. It was not our fault" the commander whimpered like a child who was being convicted of stealing a cookie.

"First the ampeels destroyed our entire force and now our ruler has gone missing, if word of this leaves this palace then the bloodbath would put the blood kelp uprising too shame. Commander it's your job to make sure that this never enters the mind of our citizens, use any method you must and keep the GCSC alive."

"Copy that Lieutenant General" the commander responded.

GCSC politics had become uneasy after Bite left for the lava zone with multiple political leaders calling for Bite to be removed from power while in the war. All these proposition were turned down as each leader would only nominate themselves and all the leaders that were for Bite would overrule his votes.

Meanwhile in the thermal plant

"Consciousness upload compleat, Activating AI." The structure spoke. It was the voice of Anna so it made Bite uneasy to hear his wife as an omnipotent being.

"Mother? Father?" Katyusha spoke, her voice was garbled and slightly of pitch.

"Bite her brain sustained some damaged during the fight, because of this some of her memories might of become corrupt and she might have amnesia in some places." Anna informed

"It doesn't matter honey, your with your baby girl now. As soon as the war is over il join you too and we'll be one big happy family again." Bite replied

"Why not join us now?" Anna inquired
    Reinforcements
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

@Skope - 3 armies

@Enderguy059 - 3 armies

@the_mariner - 3 armies
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    @Enderguy059, could you go first?

I have some... planning.

Yes planning.
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    edited May 2017
    I place all armies on EC. I move 1 army from OG to IG2, 2 from EC to O3, 2 from EC to C3, 2 from EC to O2 and 2 from EC to EC (Entrance B AKA FMMA/GCSC entrance).

/Operation Log-11\

Agent Prime: Don't look so flustered. Your new mission is of higher importance.

Noble Cleanser: I beg my pardon, Director, but I don't think you understand the gravity of the situation here! You've seen the intercepted reports, haven't you? Bonecruncher is dying, and he could be the key to carry the Confederacy to victory. Not to mention DJ Ampeel and the rest of her species are still under custody.

Agent Prime: That is no longer your concern, especially the DJ. Pater relocated her to Sector C2 roughly 0300 hours ago. That district has now been annexed by FMMA forces.

Noble Cleanser: Why is she not my concern? What is her status?! If those FMMA synthetics committed friendly fire, I'll tear out their internal circuitry...

Agent Prime: I was about to get to that. Protocol Monitor, change feed. (Hologram feed flickers from Prime to the image of an Ampeel)

Ampeel: ... it's connected? Excellent! Hey!

Noble Cleanser: ... squeeze the coolant from their eyes..-wait. DJ Ampeel?! You're OK...

DJ Ampeel: Never been better! You're Noble Cleanser, right? The guy who got my distress music?

Noble Cleanser: Yes, uh.. Of course.

DJ Ampeel: Thank goodness! Have you managed to get break them out?

Noble Cleanser: Nearly, Madam. I've managed to gain an ally on the inside, and he'll prove useful once we infiltrate the prison. What about you? Has that soulless Mesmer been apprehended yet?

DJ Ampeel: No, unfortunately. Silverwing took his post before I was rescued, and is being interrogated for his actions.

Noble Cleanser: Damn... I swear, I'll tear each of his wings off once I find him...

DJ Ampeel: Don't worry about it Noble, I'm fine. I have some information that you need to focus on.

Noble Cleanser: Right! Yes, I... What's the problem?

DJ Ampeel: Before the FMMA rescued me, I managed to tap into a transmission between Silverwing and someone called "Counter-Blast"

Noble Cleanser: Skyros!! What did he have to say?

DJ Ampeel: I'm not sure, the tap was heavily distorted... the only things I could make out were "Communists at the Castle" and "Surprise Party".

Noble Cleanser: Communists... What purpose would the GCSC have to be at the castle? Unless... oh, you have got to be kidding me! And Skyros is planning to intercept them... I need to report this to the Director.

DJ Ampeel: Wait, Noble. Before you go... There's just one thing... If you rescue my sister, tell her that... I had no choice...

(Hologram feed flickers from the DJ to Prime)

Agent Prime: Thank you, Protocol Monitor. Now, are we feeling a little more... cooperative, Noble?

Noble Cleanser: *Sigh* Yes, Director.

Agent Prime: Good. I will begin your mission briefing.
    edited May 2017
    @Skope? @the_mariner?

I have been patient with you guys because you two are a good example of the usage of the rule of "combined attacks". But, this hiatus can't go on for much longer...